FalconStor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FalconStor Interview Questions

Interviews at FalconStor

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FalconStor.

Interview

while I was doing my masters I was called in for interview during the final semester and it was onsite opportunity because i had relevant industry experience. The interview was smooth, has some object type tests in C followed by 3 technical rounds. All the technical rounds were very good.

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FalconStor (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Overall a very positive experience.
    I was constantly updated on the status of my application and had a very interesting conversation with their HR Director. He works from Europe and during our video call gave me the impression he's really interested in my expectations and answered all my questions as far as he could. Not a standard, boring interview for sure. Thanks!

Interview Questions

FalconStor Response

Feb 9, 2018 – Senior Director Global HR

Dear sir or madam,

thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive experience during the process.
    Although we can´t make an offer to everyone we aim to make the experience as... More

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FalconStor (Melville, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The process was quick. and timely. Four (4) meeting scheduled in 30 minute intervals. 1 with direct report to, 2 line managers, 1 Human Resource representative. From the time I walked in and out everything was run smoothly. There is a change of Middle Management, ongoing and the "lifers" should be more receptive to change during this economy. The perception was the inmates are running the asylum.

Interview Questions

• How much did you make at your last postion, How much are you looking for ? (Line manager has no business asking salary history or unanticipated pending offers)   1 Answer

VP Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FalconStor in April 2018.

Interview

The process was very smooth. The first few rounds were over telephone and Skype, with my final interview being over Webex with the HR Director, who is based in Vienna, Austria. In all, it was a very positive experience. I had good discussions with all the interviewers, and felt it went well. I was not selected for the final round.

Interview Questions

• If you had to teach me one thing, what would it be?
      What challenges did you face managing a remote team?   Answer Question

VP Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FalconStor (Melville, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I liked the approach and meeting the Management from FalconStor a lot.

I applied online and within a couple of days I got a confirmation mail from HR telling me that they received my application and they appreciated my interest and time spent applying - that´s a first!
    I got invited to a Skype Video Call with the HR Director (who works from Vienna) and had a very interesting conversation / interview with him.
    I was challenged by a lot of questions no one has asked before, but made a lot of sense and it never felt like I was being "tested".
    Loved the way, the HR Manager made me comfortable.
    After that I was invited to another call with the CEO, which was great as well.

Unfortunately I didn't get the job, but the recruiting experience was great.

Interview Questions

• What are you good at and know well enough that you can teach me how to do it at a higher level?   1 Answer

FalconStor Response

Feb 5, 2018 – Senior Director Global HR

Dear Candidate,

first of all I want to thank you for taking the time to post such a positive feedback although we were not able to make you an offer. We are trying to provide a positive experience... More

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I interviewed at FalconStor (Melville, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Had a phone conversation for 5 minutes. Face to face interview was for around 2 hours with three different Managers. Called in couple of days.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question. They ask what you have learned at school.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FalconStor in December 2008.

Interview

Seems like a good place and people worked hard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple and quick.

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FalconStor in April 2008.

Interview

I knew the manager and she new me. We talked about the position, the expectations and the compensation. I declined to move forward in the interview process

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an upset customer   1 Answer
    • What do you do if your manager askes you to do somthing illegal or unethical   1 Answer

The expections they had were not realistic