Fender Musical Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017

3.3

Telecommunication Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fender Musical Instruments (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

1. HR Round -- discussed about my background, why I want to leave other my old employer, my pay expectation and Visa status (as I am a foreigner).
    2. Phone Interview around 45mins, it was good, asked all the basic questions and they were explaining the company infrastructure
    3. In-Person Interview -- 2 hours followed by office tour(I think they are impressed) -- it was very technical, nothing out of my resume though, I very much all topics in my resume, confidently answered all the questions, didn't answer few which were out of my resume.
    4. Lunch Interview with team : went for almost 2 hours, took me to some rest. don't remember the name, guys were very friendly they kind a want to know my background personally and professionally.
    5. Interview with HR manager : For about 20mins, asked all the behavioral and personal questions. Went well.
    6. Interview with CIO: He was awesome and super cool, interview was for about 20mins.
    Last 4 rounds went on the same day and very next day I got the OFFER. Very excited. Offered me good pay what I was expecting.

Interview Questions

• One Way audio troubleshooting (SIP-T and PRI environment), Call routing issues, Phone registration issues, SIP, Debug Commands, Router Hardware etc....   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Fender Musical Instruments (Hollywood, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

In total, the interview process for my position was very drawn-out, which was the only strike against it. I was first contacted by HR in November, and didn't have an offer until the following March. Granted, this is a busy timeframe for any MI company, and there was a fair amount of internal restructuring going on behind the scenes, which I can understand and can't argue with. That said, the process was very thorough, professional, and enjoyable - by far the most informative interview process I've experienced with regards to understanding the position, having ample opportunity to express myself, and meeting relevant team members to get an idea for the full picture of the position. Despite the process taking several months, I do think that it was appropriate timing considering the circumstances, and gave me time to fully wrap my head around the opportunity while giving proper attention to my (then) existing job. Once an offer was made, the negotiation process was reasonable and timely, making the overall decision quite clear. All in all, I was impressed with the process and ended up accepting the position!

Interview Questions

• What's the coolest thing you've ever done?   1 Answer

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fender Musical Instruments (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a meet and greet and walk through of the company. Then the application process followed up by multiple interviews with one on one members of the team i would be working with. Ending with a background check and salary offer negotiations. Finally with an a approval and official start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My terms were met and i was able to negotiate further on top of that

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fender Musical Instruments.

Interview

Really bizarre phone interview. Recruiter never asked about my background or offered to answer questions. Most of the call was spent arguing about salary and I felt the recruiter was getting pretty rude. They sent me a code challenge anyway for some selenium tests. I broke off contact with them at this point.

Interview Questions

Fender Musical Instruments Response

Sep 13, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent interview experience. We do not want individuals to feel negatively about their experiences during the interview process. If you would like to touch ... More

Director In SEO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fender Musical Instruments (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The recruiter rescheduled the call right before the interview time the first time, she was late on the call and rude on the call. The whole interview took 20-25 minutes where she didn't ask me a lot of questions nor did she allow me to provide examples of my work. She cut me off on the call and was short , sounded like a New Yorker. She had an attitude through the call as if she was doing me a favor to interview me. Total turnoff.

Interview Questions

Fender Musical Instruments Response

Oct 18, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback regarding your interview experience. We are very sorry to hear that your experience was not positive. If you would like to provide us more detail and/or reach out to the ... More

Communications/PR Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fender Musical Instruments (Hollywood, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very comprehensive and expectations were clearly outlined. There were about three rounds of interviews, including a phone screener, three 1:1s done in a few hours at the offices and then a final interview with a very senior-level employee. Recruiters and interviewers were very friendly throughout the process. They were responsive each step of the way, making it all flow well.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your work experience and how you could use that to add value to the company through this position.   Answer Question

DSP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fender Musical Instruments (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online at Fender's career site, and after about two weeks, I received an e-mail from a recruiting manager asking for my availability for a phone interview. I replied with times I was available, and we talked on the phone for about half an hour. I was given the results of the interview in about a week.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fender Musical Instruments (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick and painless. First I was set up on a phone interview where I spoke to an HR representative for around 30 minutes. It was a more of an informal "getting to know you" type of call where I got to learn more about the role and see if it would be a good fit for both sides. Then I was set on a call with the hiring manager who asked more in-depth questions about my experience and my background. I hear that sometimes they send a take home test/exercise at this stage but I didn't experience this. Then I came in for my onsite interview where I met most of the team I would be interacting with on a regular basis. After that, I spoke once again with the recruiter from HR who assisted in negotiating the terms of my employment. Two weeks later I started after passing my background and drug screening. It was a fairly quick process and painless. The people at Fender are really nice and accommodating, like a family setting that takes away the stress of an interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fender Musical Instruments in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for a manufacturing intern position through indeed and got a call from HR. They scheduled an interview with the hiring manager the following week. The interview went really well and the manager liked me;atleast thats what i referred from our conversation. They generally hire only paper/material students.
    I heard back from HR almost a month later.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fender Musical Instruments (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone interview the next week. Soon followed by in person interview in Scottsdale.

Being over the age of 50, but qualified, I was stunned by the level of disdain I received by HR and senior exec interviewers. The HR person actually crossed her arms and stared blankly and spoke in a monotone voice. The exec soon just gave me the same look and went through the questions and quickly gave me the bum's rush out of the building. Digital indeed....

I get I may or may not be a fit, but never have I received a reaction such as this.