FibroGen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Drug Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FibroGen (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone screen with the Senior Director of Operations and it was a great experience! Our conversation wasn't too long, but it enabled me to get a sense of what working for FibroGen would be like. A few days after the initial phone screen, I was invited to a 4-hour onsite interview where I met with 9 members of the Drug Safety team. The interview seemed to fly by and everyone was easy to talk to. The interview was a mix of discussing my previous professional experience and getting to know me as a person. The Drug Safety team is highly collaborative so it was important for them to assess whether I had the same team-oriented mentality, along with whether I had both direct experience and transferable skills to take on this new role. Overall, the interview felt very relaxed conversation-wise and the team seemed to appreciate that I had prepared questions, extra resumes, and the job description handy. I was also treated to a free lunch after the interview! I definitely accepted the offer after such a great interview process!

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FibroGen (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was called for a phone screen by the Executive Director. A few days later, I was invited for an interview. During my scheduled interview 2 weeks later, I had 6 one-on-one interviews and one panel interview. The interview lasted 4 hours, and I was contacted by HR less than a week later.

Senior QC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FibroGen in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I had a phone interview with the QC Senior Director and my onsite interview was scheduled the same day. A lot of technical questions and some behavioural questions. The hiring process took 1 month.

Manager Interview

Interview

Two interviews, one with the managment above and one with coworkers

Director of Medical Writing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FibroGen (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Was notified of the position via a 3rd party recruiter. Was phone-screened by the CMO. Was invited to interview in person with HR, two Directors of Clin Dev, and the CMO, who supervises the Dir of Clin Dev I'd report to. Did not complete an application ahead of time OR during visit. First interviewer had to interrupt himself so he could fetch a confidentiality agreement and have me sign it. Visit lasted ~3 hours and was intended to be a first interview; a second visit would include personnel from related departments. Company elected not to pursue a second interview (See below)

Interview Questions

• Was asked what I liked to do in my free time; I thought this kind of question wasn't allowed (legally), but some interests were on my resume so I stuck to those as my response.   Answer Question

Cta Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

One phone interviews followed by a DAY of interviews. Took forever for them to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you about small details on your resume. Like "how many patients for x study in 2008?"   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FibroGen (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Most ridiculous interview process. They made me come back three times to talk to different people each time. One time was all day long. I should have seen that as a red flag. They told me they had a history of "bad hires" in the past.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I countered and they gave me more stock options.

Clinical Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FibroGen (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I was put forward to the company through a recruiter at the company. The interview was arranged for about 1 - 2 weeks in advance. The whole interview process took most of the day - about six hours. I met with 8 different members of the overall department, each individually.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a challenging objective you were assigned, and how you approached and attempted to accomplish it.   Answer Question