Fidessa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fidessa Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.7

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Interview

Hacker Rank Interview to be completed in 2 wks. 3 questions, 1 coding, 1 IQ, 1 general multiple choice. The company took almost 1 month to give the interview decision.

Interview Questions

• 3 questions, 1 coding, 1 IQ, 1 general multiple choice   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fidessa in April 2017.

Interview

There were 4 different levels, Telephonic, Online test, On demand Interview and Skype Interview.
    The skype interview lasted for 1.5hrs. I had answered for all the business and technical questions correctly. Still clueless what the company actually wants. Very unprofessional in replying back to the emails. The interview was postponded and dragged for 4 long weeks.

Interview Questions

• Business and Technical questions   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa in April 2017.

Interview

Summary: Very inconsiderate interview experience

1. HackerRank - 2 questions (60 mins in total)
    2. SparkHire - 3 questions (1 min per question; unlimited recording)
    3. I believe code pair is next and then followed by skype interview...

But who knows?! After responding to an email asking for my availability for code pair and skype interview, I got an email (a few hours later) saying that the position has already been filled! This is absolutely unprofessional. All the emails felt like templates generated by computer. Perhaps the position has already been filled even before I started the whole interview process...

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and was given a Hacker Rank interview coding test. I completed the test successfully, and was given a Spark Hire interview round after a couple of days, which is basically a one-way video interview.
    Following this, I was sent an email for a Code Pair asking for my availability. After setting that up, I got an email saying that the position had been filled.
    Zero human interaction, something told me right from the start that this was fishy. A little human interaction could do wonders.

Interview Questions

• Hacker Rank coding round question were:
      1. Minimum number of gates needed at an airport, given the arrival and departure times of the flights
      2. Given a string consisting of uppercase and lowercase letters, remove the matching pairs (Aa, Bb, etc) until there are no matching pairs within the string.

Spark Hire questions were:
      1. Why are you looking for an opportunity at Fidessa?
      2. What is your preferred language of programming and why?

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Let me first tell you the process is really horrible.

So my first round was an online technical interview through Hacker Rank which was not that difficult and I cleared it.
    I got a mail after a week that I cleared the round and they sent me another link for a one-way video interview process through Spark Hire and I was told that I have 7 days to give the interview.
    So here's the biggest mistake that I did: Prepared well and gave the interview on the 7th day. So what happened was they already hired someone who sent them the video a day prior. I did not understand their logic. First they tell me to send me the interview within 7 days which I did but they don't even look at that video and tell me that we already hired someone yesterday because we got that person's video. I mean how stupid is that? Isn't it supposed to be like have all the videos and look at them and evaluate and then hire someone who is deserving enough?

Also I faced technical issues while giving the online interview, that's altogether another scenario.

-----------
      Define software quality and how do you measure software quality?
      You are given no requirements; how do you test the quality of a software?
      What is load testing? Example!
      What is regression testing? Example!
      Scenario based question.
      Coding question.

Round 2
      -----------
      Why this university?
      What interests you about Fidessa and their products and which product of Fidessa amused you?
      Time when you had to submit 2 projects with same deadline. How did you manage?
      Two academic/professional projects matching this job profile.

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview

Phone interview. Asked about some basic c++ knowledge. And some coding behaviors, what ide you use, what language you are comfortable with, etc. Not hard. Of course, you have to pass the two hackerrank online tests first.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for an internship position through LinkedIn.
    First I got a Hackerrank test of 40 mins.
    Then I got another Hackerrank test of 1 hour.
    After that, I received a link for Spark Hire interview.
    Upon completion of Spark Hire interview within the given time, I got a response from Fidessa within 2 days stating that the position has already been filled.
    So why interview so many candidates if you do not have such openings? I believe they are just wasting the time of candidates. Was extremely disappointed with the process. I probably will not apply here again.

Interview Questions

• 1. Identify if a triangle is isosceles or not.
      2. Airplane and number of gates problem.
      3. String manipulation problem consisting of uppercase and lowercase letters.
      3. Why Fidessa?
      4. Why did you choose your university?
      5. What do you bring to Fidessa?

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

First Round was all about coding on hackerrank and two simple questions were asked. I did the first program and the asked I made some mistake and i lost it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview

2 hackerrank challenges - stacks, arrays and strings.
    1 video recording interview round - standard HR questions
    CodePair with a recruiter consisting of string and array questions. Average difficulty level

They prefer C++ developers over Java or any other language

Interview Questions

• Modification of the Two Sum problem   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidessa (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

First I applied online on company's website, than i got video interview. An interview same as toefl speaking exam. Than company contacted me for personal interview. Complete process is really an impressive.