Fidessa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fidessa (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The whole interview was online. I was asked behavioral questions. It was a brief interview and I had to record and send my response. It was not difficult but I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

Fidessa Response

Jul 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We do have a standard process where all candidates are contacted regarding their application status. If you were not contacted, we truly apologize and will look into... More

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidessa (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Took the online Assessment and I finished most of the questions correctly(at least I think so) but then got the rejection about a week later saying they will not move forward

Interview Questions

• All the coding questions could be found at leetcode, others are short answers including override and debug   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

For the first round, I had to do an online programming test. It consisted of about seven to eight questions. Some of the questions were programming questions, while other questions were about explaining what a piece of code does. About a week later, I was informed that I did not get past that round.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidessa in March 2015.

Interview

Online test includes 4 or 3 coding problems and several code review problems. Coding is not very hard, but need good preparation. You should know how to merge and how to use stack. I never think someone will ask a coding problem about Roman number, but...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fidessa in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, shared a link on Hackerrank, I though it would be an video interview, in fact, I have to keep my phone on the shoulder and type the code online. So be prepare for any situation! Two questions, and it's hard to pass all the test cases. And I can't even understand the second question.

Interview Questions

• two coding question, no other thing   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidessa (Troy, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Career fair quick test.

(1) A hire staff will talk to you and introduce the company;
    (2) Work on two questions in 10 to 15 minutes; and
    (3) One hiring staff will review your answers and ask some follow-up questions;
    (4) Then you can get some free swags and the hiring staff will decide whether to give you phone interview or not.

I get the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• question 1: 26 letters each corresponds to a number in range 1-26, write a function to calculate the difference of two letters. (in c++ language)   1 Answer
    • question 2: a c++ code clip which finds a given char in a string and return the index. something like this:

int findchar(string x, char searchItem )

int find;

int length = strlen(x);

for(int i = 0;i < length;i++)
          if(x[i] == searchItem)
            find = i;
          }
      }
      return find;
      }   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fidessa in August 2015.

Interview

Had a first screening test (very simple and short). After completion, I talked with a member from HR, who had a few technical questions (e.g. why you would use a linked-list over something else, etc.). Nothing too complicated.

I then took an hour long hackerRank test, which was a mixture of coding, logic puzzles, and bash commands. After passing this, I scheduled a skype interview for two hours.

The skype interview was going seemingly well for the first hour. Then they said that two other people would call me back for the second hour. They never called. I got an email two days later saying thanks for applying (stock email) and that was it. Worst interview experience I've had.

Interview Questions

• An engineer wants to have two dice on his desk with numbers that can make up any day of the month. What numbers are on each dice? Single digit numbers have to use both dice (01 for 1, etc.).   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fidessa in May 2015.

Interview

Never applied before, received an invitation email from HR one day to complete an online assessment. It's consisted of 5 questions, three of which are involving data structures like linked list, tree and array. The other two questions are bug-fixing. Completed 4 of them in 150 minutes, but still got a rejection. Heard that they randomly sent lots of emails, but few were selected to move forward to next round.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Process was pretty simple. I applied through my school's career services job portal. After a short time someone reached out about availibility for a phone interview. Asked some standard questions about what I was looking for and if I was willing to relocate. After that some technical questions that weren't too hard. When the phone interview was over I was told to wait for an online programming test. Test was pretty simple nothing that you shouldn't have been prepared for at school. Upon passing that online technical test was brought in for an in person interview. Questions were all about prior experience or looking over the online programming evaluation. Offer extended a couple days later.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fidessa.

Interview

OAs are first given on the Hackerank. People have to deal with the input issue which is a challenge. Failed the second OA due to time limitation. Should get well prepared on the coding challenge before applying the job.