First American Financial Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at First American Financial Corporation

2.7

Claims Resolution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation (Santa Rosa, CA) in July 2020.

Interview

Went through two interviews. First was a phone call where the person seemed to be from their HR department, very nice and asked typical interview questions. They scheduled me for a interview with 4 people from that department but it ended up being just a supervisor. Supervisor was nice and shared her experience on the job. Was told I'd hear by the end of the week and had to email the HR department the following week and got a generic form letter saying they picked a candidate with better qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What type of customer service experience do you have?   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inglewood, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation (Inglewood, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

Phone interview went well. Then l was set up for a zoom interview with two managers. Interview went very well, all were nice and spoke very highly of the company and had been with the ccompany for over 6 years. Good sign.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you past sales experience. And how would you handle rejection.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Had a good interview. They had good questions for me, and answered all my question. Just did not hear back. I liked their culture there.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation.

Interview

Phone screen about three months ago. Even with a follow up email, they still have not kept me up to date with the hiring process. Data science department there is new so they don't really know what they are doing.

Interview Questions

Interview

I interviewed for the Property and Casualty Group. It might be a different experience for a different group. Be ready for an excel test with Pivot Table, VLOOKUP, etc.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation (Santa Ana, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

The whole interview was a very professional and wonderful experience. I applied for First American on Indeed and they contacted me for a phone interview not a week later. After the phone interview, the talents aquisition department arranged me for a second in person interview. After the second interview they let you know if you advanced to the next round. The final interview was a panel interview and the talent aquisition department kept in touch with me for two weeks until I got the written offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an instance of how you handled multiple projects at once.   Answer Question

Security Interview

Interview

Phone interview with the person conducting the interview, who wasn't the actual hiring manager, but a gatekeeper weeding out applicants who didn't fit the personality of the company. 29, 30.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Starts with phone screening interview/call from HR. Followed by phone call by the hiring manager for about 30-45 minutes. If he/she likes you, they'll bring you in for onsite interview with hiring manager and other team members.

Interview Questions

• Starts with high level briefing of what you have been doing over the past several years. Then dwells more in technical questions specific to DBA work/responsibilities. Good understanding of database admin and production support including backup and restore and DR / high availability approaches. It gets to some deep dive questions on the db technology itself.   Answer Question

Data Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation (Santa Ana, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Quick 20 minute interview in which interviewer, an IT manager, went through the resume and asked questions about it. Also asked questions regarding basic requirements like experience in data analytics and modeling

Interview Questions

• How experienced are you in data analytics and modeling and do you have any examples of previous work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation in March 2019.

Interview

This interview was for an intern position in emerging technologies. It was relatively easy and straightforward. Most of the interview was describing the internship program and the company. The only real technical questions came in the second phone screening with the Vice President of Application Development in Emerging Technologies. Here my interviewer asked about how I've implemented emerging technologies in my previous IT positions and what passion projects I have been working on.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you worked on in IT that involve innovative technology?   1 Answer
    • What alternative methods to presentations do you use?   1 Answer
    • What passion projects are you currently working on?   1 Answer