First American Financial Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First American Financial Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at First American Financial Corporation

2.7

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation in August 2020.

Interview

Unprofessional all across the board. I should've known something was fishy when I saw the same position get reposted online several times within a 4 month period, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Now I know why it was reposted several times, and hopefully you will too by the end of reading what I have to say.

I get a voicemail from the recruiter saying they'd like to interview me for the position and to check my email. I check my email and the only new email I see is "left voicemail, please respond". Um, what? To add to the confusion, there is NO mention of First American AT ALL in the email. I literally had no idea I was being contacted by someone from First American. I only figured it out because of the email address. What a horrible first impression, it just shows how unorganized they are. Unfortunately, it gets worse. I provide my availability and a phone interview is setup with the hiring manager and 2 other people.

This interview was FILLED with red flags! When talking about my background, I mention how team oriented it is and how there is never a day I'm working alone. The hiring manager proceeds to step on me by saying "yah well, there will be a lot of times where you don't know what the do and the team won't be there to support or help you. How would you deal with the stress?" I was completely SHOCKED. In those few seconds of silence, I heavily contemplated ending the call right then and there. How toxic does the environment have to be for you to bluntly admit that you wont have proper support by your team (this is an entry level position btw)?

Alas, I kept it going. Then one of the other interviewers on the line mentions that they used to work at one of my companies I used to work at 2 years ago. He then asks me, "What are the risks that [company I used to work at] face?" Uhhhhh wtf? Does this guy think I do SWOT analyses just for fun for the companies I worked at in the PAST?!? I have no clue dude! Why on earth would I freely know that?!

When I was asking questions toward the end, I asked if they have any training and development programs in place for their employees (continuing education, certification reimbursements, etc). The guy gave me a little bit of attitude and told me I'm in charge of my own development and First American will rarely reimburse you for those costs. Then he proceeds to somewhat belittle me and say that he doesn't expect the candidate for this position to need any training and development whatsoever and that they should be hitting the ground running on Day 1 (again, this is an entry level position).

Safe to say, I did not move forward. Thank God. What an absolute mess this organization this. It's no surprise why it was reposted several times; if I can tell from an interview how toxic this place is, then whichever poor chap was hired into the position must've quickly experienced that too. I highly suggest you don't even waste your time applying.

Claims Resolution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation (Santa Rosa, CA) in July 2020.

Interview

Went through two interviews. First was a phone call where the person seemed to be from their HR department, very nice and asked typical interview questions. They scheduled me for a interview with 4 people from that department but it ended up being just a supervisor. Supervisor was nice and shared her experience on the job. Was told I'd hear by the end of the week and had to email the HR department the following week and got a generic form letter saying they picked a candidate with better qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What type of customer service experience do you have?   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inglewood, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation (Inglewood, CA) in June 2020.

Interview

Phone interview went well. Then l was set up for a zoom interview with two managers. Interview went very well, all were nice and spoke very highly of the company and had been with the ccompany for over 6 years. Good sign.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you past sales experience. And how would you handle rejection.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Had a good interview. They had good questions for me, and answered all my question. Just did not hear back. I liked their culture there.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation.

Interview

Phone screen about three months ago. Even with a follow up email, they still have not kept me up to date with the hiring process. Data science department there is new so they don't really know what they are doing.

Interview Questions

Interview

I interviewed for the Property and Casualty Group. It might be a different experience for a different group. Be ready for an excel test with Pivot Table, VLOOKUP, etc.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation (Santa Ana, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

The whole interview was a very professional and wonderful experience. I applied for First American on Indeed and they contacted me for a phone interview not a week later. After the phone interview, the talents aquisition department arranged me for a second in person interview. After the second interview they let you know if you advanced to the next round. The final interview was a panel interview and the talent aquisition department kept in touch with me for two weeks until I got the written offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an instance of how you handled multiple projects at once.   Answer Question

Security Interview

Interview

Phone interview with the person conducting the interview, who wasn't the actual hiring manager, but a gatekeeper weeding out applicants who didn't fit the personality of the company. 29, 30.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Starts with phone screening interview/call from HR. Followed by phone call by the hiring manager for about 30-45 minutes. If he/she likes you, they'll bring you in for onsite interview with hiring manager and other team members.

Interview Questions

• Starts with high level briefing of what you have been doing over the past several years. Then dwells more in technical questions specific to DBA work/responsibilities. Good understanding of database admin and production support including backup and restore and DR / high availability approaches. It gets to some deep dive questions on the db technology itself.   Answer Question

Data Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First American Financial Corporation (Santa Ana, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Quick 20 minute interview in which interviewer, an IT manager, went through the resume and asked questions about it. Also asked questions regarding basic requirements like experience in data analytics and modeling

Interview Questions

• How experienced are you in data analytics and modeling and do you have any examples of previous work?   Answer Question