First Solar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Solar Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at First Solar.

Interview

Had a couple preliminary conversations with HR. She was friendly and helpful she forwarded me on to a Director for a phone interviewer. The director asked some pretty generic questions about experience, thoughts on solar, and then described the position at greater length. Then I had a half day interview with 6 or 7 people in 30 minute intervals.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the future of the Solar industry is?   Answer Question

Operations Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Solar (Perrysburg, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Basic questions, job prospective. Went over what was entailed in the job. Current projections of the company, information about the company. Asked me questions about my education, prior job history, computer knowledge.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Solar (Tempe, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back actually which definitely describes my experience at First Solar. I applied to First Solar online at my schools career website and I got a email from the manager, and a call to discuss the internship. The manager later called me into the office to have an in person interview, and to be introduced to the team.

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at First Solar (Perrysburg, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

School had set an appointment for interview at First Solar. I was introduced to the First Solar liaison who oversaw the internship program for many universities and colleges between First Solar. My resume was perused. The liaison was pleased and would call for further information if needed and or for hire.

Interview Questions

• First my resume was discussed, What Technical classes I had taken at Owens Community College. My availability between classes to work at First Solar. What rate of pay I was looking for? Pay would be structured through the internship program. Would I give them permission for a background check? Would I consent to a drug test? When could I be available my earliest to start? I was taken on a tour of the facility from manufacturing, packaging and shipping of solar panels to the cafeteria and weight and exercise room for employees.   1 Answer
    • Have I taken Drugs? Would I submit to a drug test and a complete background examination?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked, I told them, They offered lower. I accepted

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bainbridge, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at First Solar (Bainbridge, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Professional interview, was hired immediately due to my experience and attitude. The supervisor watched me work firsthand while I was working for another employer. I was interviewed by the to brass and was found to be a suitable hire .

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of a successful job site.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Solar (Perrysburg, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The first guy asked me basic questions about my resume and some behavioral questions. The second guy asked me more technical questions and talked more about the company and the internship position. The last guy pretty much just summed everything up and asked me what I talked about with the two previous employees.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. What are my weaknesses? Why First Solar? What are my hobbies? Etc.   Answer Question

Project Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at First Solar (Bridgewater, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

The way to get an internship is usually being recommended by someone. The interview is not really a interview, they presented the company and the people in charge of the different areas. People are very smart and nice. Great Atmosphere

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at First Solar (Perrysburg, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by on site interview with technical team. On site team described goals and tasks before them in short and how could I eventually help. It was not very easy to predict your eventual contributions

EPC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at First Solar (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

It was done mostly by outside agency as a screening. There was a phone interview. Once that was done, the offer was almost secondary; i.e., the interview process with the company was very minimal.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Accounting/Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Solar (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Panel of interviews that covered a specific behavior. The agenda was provided ahead of time to allow me to prepare for the line of questioning. Very professional but personable as well. Allowed plenty of time for me to ask questions and have dialogue with the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with someone who either disagreed with you/thought you were wrong/stubborn or someone who was difficult.   1 Answer