KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

First Tech Federal Credit Union Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 66 of over 66 interviews

Recruiter7%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Application

Interview

Credit and background check before any interview process. Once that has passed, they will call you to set up an interview in person within a week. The interview was with 2 people. A lead and manager of department. About 10 questions. Half are behavioral questions, but nothing to hard. Last part was to do a sales role play of selling a debit card to a member. After the manager will give feedback. Overall, not too hard of an interview if you know your stuff.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about time you had a conflict with a co worker or manager
    Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had an upset customer
  • What are your Strengths and weaknesses
  • Tell me about time you had to prioritize
  • Role play selling a debit card to a customer

First Tech Federal Credit Union

Application

I interviewed at First Tech Federal Credit Union

Interview

This had to be the weirdest and unprofessional interview experience I've ever had. The interview was conducted on Webex except the interviewer did not have the webcam on while I did - wonder if they would've worn a mask to hide their face if the interview was in person. On top of that, the interviewer also had their audio on speakers and was not on mute, so every time I said something, it would echo back at me and this continued for the whole interview.

Interview Questions
  • Explain what happens when you open a webpage - what goes into displaying everything on that page?
1 person found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

First Tech Federal Credit Union

Application

I interviewed at First Tech Federal Credit Union

Interview

It was a very learn full interview and the manager was very helpfully with explaining very that was going to happen and the next steps and when I would receive and call or email about the job that I did apply for.

Interview Questions
  • What would was my goals and for the future.

First Tech Federal Credit Union

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at First Tech Federal Credit Union in Feb 2022

Interview

Phone call to confirm interest , pay and set up phone interview. The 30 min phone interview had about 5 questions about my experience with details. There is a credit check. I didn't know they legit base it off your trade lines and history but they did. I never had an opportunity to explain a few issues from an accident years prior but oh well. I already work for a major bank, didn't expect any issues from this smaller bank.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at First Tech Federal Credit Union (Rocklin, CA) in Jan 2022

Interview

I initially applied for the position December 29th and wasn't informed that I had been passed over until February 23rd. This is much too long. After applying, I was immediately contacted by a recruiter and had an informal phone interview. After the interview, the recruiter told me that the hiring manager was on paid time off and would be back within the next week and would reach out to me. I didn't end up hearing from him until January 19th. On that date I was able to schedule an interview for January 27th. I didn't hear anything else from First Tech so I followed up with the hiring manager on February 4th. I got a reply on February 7th, informing me that I "should be hearing from HR" and to follow up with him if I hadn't. I took this as a sign I would be getting an offer—why else would HR be getting involved? By February 10th I had yet to hear anything, so I emailed the hiring manager again. No reply. February 23rd (almost two whole months after beginning this process) I followed up with the hiring manager yet again. No reply from him, but about two hours later I got a template email from HR informing me that I had actually applied to a position that was not recruiting. I'm not mad about not getting the job. I have been passed over for jobs in the past and have never felt inclined to leave a review. But this process was incredibly unprofessional from start to finish and was just a tremendous waste of time. Applicant beware.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at First Tech Federal Credit Union (New York, NY)

Interview

offensive , felt attacked I would not even open an account there after that experience. Interviewer was hostile and abrasive. Worst interview experience ever. I would never apply there again

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Tech Federal Credit Union (Portland, OR) in Oct 2021

Interview

One phone interview with HR to access your skillset and make sure you do have what the Hiring Manager is looking for. If you pass that interview expect to be scheduled for your second interview with the Hiring Manager about a week later. Both interviews were phone interviews. I was offered the position four days after my second interview.

Interview Questions
  • What do you do when you make a mistake?
  • How do you enter a new Team?
  • What type of manager do you like to have?
  • Name a situation when you had to handle multiple deadlines, and how did you deal with it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I interviewed at First Tech Federal Credit Union (Hillsboro, OR)

Interview

The first stage was to authorize the company to do a background check, which I passed no problem. The next stage was an interview with a recruiter. I had one scheduled for 9:30am. She contacted me that morning shortly before the interview was supposed to start, informing me that she had to leave the office to take care of a personal matter and would need to reschedule the interview. I was disappointed because I had made arrangements to be available during that time, and also I had put a lot of mental preparation into being ready for it, but I also understood that sometimes things happen. She thanked me for my understanding and flexibility. Unfortunately, the next time that would work for both of us was three days later on a Friday afternoon. I have read that Friday afternoons are the worst time to do an interview because the interviewer is often distracted by what they have to get done before their weekend starts. Sadly, I felt that this seemed to be the case during my interview with her and that I was at a disadvantage. A few days later I received an email informing me that another candidate had been selected. This was unfortunate because the job was one that seemed right up my alley and I would have been excited to work there. I was even willing to take a substantial pay cut to do so.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Tech Federal Credit Union (Sacramento, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

Had screening interview with HR person out of Portland, OR. Following that screening I had an interview with the Hiring Manager who told me I had a stellar background and was very interested. Followed by a five member panel interview which seemed somewhat disorganized and only lasted 30 minutes instead of the scheduled 1 hour. Never heard back from anyone even though the HR person said she would get back to me. Courtesy call or email would have be nice.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself with regard to my program management experience How would you handle a program or project that is going downhill, what steps would I take
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at First Tech Federal Credit Union (San Jose, CA) in Aug 2021

Interview

First Call with Recruiter was very pleasant, transparent and professional. Second Call with Hiring Manager was friendly, informative and was engaging. Third round of calls were panels with multiple folks and all of them were friendly, asked great questions and shared about themselves as well. Overall, these interview calls felt like actual conversations, not someone reading off a list of questions they should ask. It gave me a good sense of how they will treat you by how well they treated each other.

Interview Questions
  • Some were questions directed at my experiences and a couple of others were the role specific items, like what's your favorite product and why, what would you add/enhance to it, how would you prioritize competing items, etc.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Interviews

First Tech Federal Credit Union Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at First Tech Federal Credit Union according to 93 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.24%