FirstEnergy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Youngstown, OH).

Interview

Easy and laid back. However there were several common situational questions that you should be prepared for just like any interview. Always be able to make an interview question show one of your outstanding qualities in some way. I knew the interviewers before hand so it was not too tense. I don't think any of the guys that got to this point didn't end up with an internship.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a workplace conflict ect....   Answer Question

Analyst IV Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FirstEnergy in April 2014.

Interview

Simple interview questions. however, the process can take up to a month for you to get an offer. research the company and industry. very formal interview. had a phone and then a panel interview.

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perry, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Perry, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

It is a process to get hired in because they call so many people as references. They call your references and then ask those people to provide names for them to call. Then they call those people and ask them for people that know you. etc etc etc...

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shippingport, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Shippingport, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

It was a very brief interview, one of the easiest interviews I have had. The interview was on the phone with two supervisors. The questions were very basic questions.

Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Akron, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very laid back. I was applying for a contractor position so there was an initial phone interview that lasted roughly 15 minutes. After that, I received an offer the next day. The interview itself consisted of myself and 2 others. One was the project manager and the other was team leader.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with SharePoint development.   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Cleveland, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Hiring FirstEnergy representative had a very positive and friendly attitude, was professional and respectful. The interview was not overly technical and was mostly focused on my general work experience and its match with the needs. Interview resulted in a very quick contract offer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FirstEnergy.

Interview

Standard behavorial question and some electrical questions.

Staff Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Akron, OH) in October 2009.

Interview

Well handled by HR. Manager did not fully disclose expectations of job.

Interview Questions

• Describe the business strategy of your current employer in one sentence.   1 Answer

Negotiation

tough. Initial offer was close to best and final. Was able to get additional week of vacation.

Engineering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Akron, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process used was the STAR method where you are to describe a situation or task, the action(s) taken and the end result for a given question. The response can be either a work example or a personal example.

Interview Questions

• Making sound decisions – describe the most complex problem I’ve been recently asked to solve; what did I do; what alternatives did I consider?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FirstEnergy.

Interview

Interview process is quick. Only 1 interview in person. It is 3 on 1 with supervisors and managers. Mostly behavioral questions. The interviewers are down to earth and make the experience comfortable. It is scheduled for about 30-45 mins. They go over their organizational structure and their locations before beginning the interview.

Interview Questions

• What steps have you taken to address safety during a project?   Answer Question