FirstEnergy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FirstEnergy Interview Questions

Interviews at FirstEnergy

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FirstEnergy.

Interview

The hiring process was simple and straight forward. I did a first interview 2 days after I applied. I did another interview within 10 days. They asked questions about past experiences and projects and asked to explain your involvement and duties on the projects. They also asked about past working experiences. The interviews were easy and the interviewers made you feel comfortable throughout the hole time.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to your projects (no specific questions)   Answer Question

CSR Interview

Interview

quick , easy real nice interviewers process overall not intimidating at all , have you answer hypothetical questions if you answer honestly it is a breeze some common sense questions that show ethical reasoning

Interview Questions

• if you were to get a hard to handle customer what would you do/respond   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at FirstEnergy in October 2018.

Interview

Very professional. The people performing the on-site interview knew what to ask and what they were looking for. However they had so many questions for me we ran out of time so I could not ask questions. The manager made some time for me at a later time so I could ask questions about the job

Interview Questions

• Explain to me how you would handle being placed in this type of situation   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Akron, OH) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call a month later to talk on the phone about my interests and about the internship program. Scheduled an interview with managers. All behavioral questions about integrity and ethics.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an issue with a professor and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FirstEnergy in January 2018.

Interview

Very straightforward phone screening. One with a college recruiter and another with a panel of those in the department. Explained past experiences and how these experiences could be helpful in FE environment.

Engineering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Akron, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process used was the STAR method where you are to describe a situation or task, the action(s) taken and the end result for a given question. The response can be either a work example or a personal example.

Interview Questions

• Making sound decisions – describe the most complex problem I’ve been recently asked to solve; what did I do; what alternatives did I consider?   Answer Question

Nuclear Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Got a phone call from HR to set up an interview 3 months after applying online. HR called me on Monday and they wanted me there for an interview on that coming Friday. Then on Tuesday I got a call my interview would actually be that Thursday instead. First red flag. They gave me barely enough time to get off my plane and drive to the interview. I show up and neither HR or the managers interviewing me know what room we were in. Second red flag.

Interview went well, almost all behavioral questions, with a couple kinda tricky ones. Took about 45 minutes. The panel interviewing me was very laid back and personable. I could immediately tell that they had not even looked at my application beforehand and that they had no interest in hiring me. Found it odd that not a single question was asked about what I enjoy doing or anything then it came up that there is a LOT of mandatory overtime without extra compensation and that they are having a significant retention problem. Red flag number three.

With how disorganized and rushed the process was I did not plan on accepting an offer even if one was given. When you see details like this being messed up at a nuclear facility, run. If this was their best foot forward I'm afraid to know what goes on once you're employed there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with your manager and coworkers.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you were under pressure or rushed and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you took the initiative on identifying a safety concern.   Answer Question
    • Was there something that we did not ask you, that we wish we would have?   Answer Question

GIS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Frederick, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

The worst interview I have every done. Building at the Frederick location was a total dump, dingy and smelly. Little was explained about the actual position. Most of the interview time was spent answering difficult situational questions not related to the position. I came away with a vague understanding of the actual job and what it entailed. A very disappointing experience for a GIS/Engineering position interview!

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach a project, design and implement strategies that would meet your goals and objective and if you did not meet your goals and objects how you would re-strategize the process   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at FirstEnergy.

Interview

It was very relaxed and friendly. I went in there very nervous but felt calm and confident in the end. It was the best interview I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• The questions were primarily technical and there were several.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FirstEnergy.

Interview

Interview process is quick. Only 1 interview in person. It is 3 on 1 with supervisors and managers. Mostly behavioral questions. The interviewers are down to earth and make the experience comfortable. It is scheduled for about 30-45 mins. They go over their organizational structure and their locations before beginning the interview.

Interview Questions

• What steps have you taken to address safety during a project?   Answer Question