FirstEnergy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FirstEnergy Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.8

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FirstEnergy.

Interview

Interview process is quick. Only 1 interview in person. It is 3 on 1 with supervisors and managers. Mostly behavioral questions. The interviewers are down to earth and make the experience comfortable. It is scheduled for about 30-45 mins. They go over their organizational structure and their locations before beginning the interview.

Interview Questions

• What steps have you taken to address safety during a project?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Harbor, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Oak Harbor, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at the Davis Besse Plant (Oak Harbor, OH). There were 2 interviews. The first was a phone interview where they asked basic background questions such as year, major, willingness to commit to multiple coops, etc.

The second was at the actual plant. Spoke with 2 electrical engineers. Ran down my resume, asked about project experiences, why I applied, and a few behavioral questions. Afterwards they showed me around the plant. Very laid back interview. Showed me some of the plant. I heard back in a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with an ethical dilemma   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at FirstEnergy.

Interview

I applied in April and a recruiter reached out in May to conduct a phone screen. A week later I was invited to a phone interview. They asked mainly stuff off of my resume, what attracted me to the position, and if I had any questions. Was told they'd let me know in a few weeks if I'd continue forward. A week later I was scheduled an onsite interview. Onsite interview was basic behavior questions and scenarios. Very easy interview. I then sent out a thank you letter to the team that interviewed me. Reached out to the recruiter twice for follow ups and was told a decision has not been made. Haven't heard anything new in over a month so unsure if I will get an offer or not.

Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Akron, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very laid back. I was applying for a contractor position so there was an initial phone interview that lasted roughly 15 minutes. After that, I received an offer the next day. The interview itself consisted of myself and 2 others. One was the project manager and the other was team leader.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with SharePoint development.   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Akron, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was a phone interview with a supervisor and another engineer. They started off by asking questions on my resume, mostly focused on experience, had me elaborate on tasks I completed. Then they asked 6-7 behavioral/situational questions and had me talk about experiences where I had faced situations. Overall the first two parts took 30 minutes. They finished off the interview with my questions, definitely learned a lot more from my questions instead of the job listing or their interview.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I spoke with HR and two other co-op students at a co-op fair, submitted my application online, and was asked for an interview. The first interview took about 15 minutes and was with two engineers, the second took about 45 minutes and was with three engineers including a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer behavioral questions, a couple very low level technical questions, and have questions prepared for the interviewers.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I went through a hiring agency. The interview started out as a small group orientation then we went off into one on one interviews. They gave a little personality quiz to do and also listen to some mock calls to get an idea of different calls.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Youngstown, OH).

Interview

Easy and laid back. However there were several common situational questions that you should be prepared for just like any interview. Always be able to make an interview question show one of your outstanding qualities in some way. I knew the interviewers before hand so it was not too tense. I don't think any of the guys that got to this point didn't end up with an internship.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a workplace conflict ect....   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FirstEnergy.

Interview

Must get an interview through a local temp agency. First inter view one on one with temp agency, next interview with a group interview. I heard back the same day. Must pass drug and back ground text. About a 2 week process total.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shippingport, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at FirstEnergy (Shippingport, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process begins with submitting a resume and filling out the online profile. When interview is selected it will be scheduled via HR and audience for interview varies from group to group. Sometimes the candidate who did not get the position are not informed.