What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Poor management, old thinking with no new blood, required tools ofr job not present." (in 31 reviews)
- "No work life balance here" (in 15 reviews)
- "upper management at local operating companies do not care about employees" (in 14 reviews)
- "Manager was clueless on the job responsibilities of an instructional designer" (in 8 reviews)
- "Long hours at times but overall very good" (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of FirstEnergy and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 468 of over 546 reviews
Updated Sep 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Sep 22, 2023Design EngineerFormer EmployeeMartinsburg, WV
Good people. Ok atmosphere in the office.
Work is mundane and repetitive, mind numbing, decisions are made by people that have never built anything in their life. Software is atrocious
FirstEnergy Reviews FAQs
FirstEnergy has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 546 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at FirstEnergy to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
60% of FirstEnergy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated FirstEnergy 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.