FirstMerit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FirstMerit (Akron, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

three rounds with different levels of management. Started with the investment analysts which was in a very open format. Then interviewed with the head of research and the interview got more technical. The final round was with the CIO.

Interview Questions

• How do you calculate free cash flow   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FirstMerit (Akron, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Talent Acquisition will call you to discuss a time for an interview. You will then be scheduled to meet the branch manager at the respective location. The interview is relatively untechnical , and the interviewer is friendly. Even though they deny it, the person conducting the interview is the one making the decision. After the interview, you will again be contacted by the Talent Acquisition specialist for an offer. It's weird how FirstMerit hides behind the Talent Acquisition title.

Interview Questions

• There is a line at the teller line, and several cars in the drive-thru. The phone rings. What do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask them to pay you more competitively with other bank's wages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinckley, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FirstMerit (Hinckley, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Simple interview process. Quick phone screening, and then an interview is set up with the Branch Manager. On arrival, all of the tellers & the branch manager were all incredibly nice. The questions were just about my previous jobs, mostly. I was told they were interviewing many candidates and it would be a few weeks until they had a decision. I never heard back, but it was still a very nice interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; STAR interview questions ("Tell me about a time when...")   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FirstMerit (Flint, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application for three positions online. the teller position was PT but I figured maybe something would come available full-time eventually, but PT was okay for a temporarily. Took less than a week to get a response for the assessment test which may have been a requirement for the FT positions after HR person called to schedule a telephone interview.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FirstMerit (Akron, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

Submit online application or referred by someone currently in the department would be the fastest way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a scenario where you had to calm down a customer who was upset or hostile.   1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FirstMerit.

Interview

easy not much of a challenge, felt like they were just hiring anyone in general. was looking more to fill the position then to add someone to emphasize the banking community.

Universal Banker Interview

Interview

Had one interview about 45 mins. Asked many sales oriented questions.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FirstMerit (Akron, OH) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview by HR. Face to Face Interview with Team and Managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in the area you are being hired for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Open, discussed with Manager

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FirstMerit (Akron, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

The phone screening interview process was conducted by two managers within FirstMerit Bank. They asked about my background and my areas of expertise. They also asked a series of technical questions to get a better understanding of my technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• If I need to conduct a health check on an Exchange 2007 environment, how would I go about doing so?   1 Answer

Payroll Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FirstMerit.

Interview

I submitted my application and heard nothing for 2-3 MONTHS. I applied in January and I received a call to set up a phone interview in April. Phone interview & 2 in-person interviews in 1 week. The following Monday, they called to offer me the position. However, I declined, because I accepted a better position elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Accepted a better offer at another company