Fishbowl Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fishbowl Marketing (Alexandria, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

It started off simply enough with a recruiter interview, a phone interview, and a 1:1 with the team leader. Everything seemed to be running smoothly, they made me an offer the next day, and I accepted.

Fast forward to a week later. The head of HR calls me to inform me that they've rescinded my offer due to the fact that I attempted to negotiate a salary. Keep in mind that their offer was below the industry standard for the area, I had another, much higher offer, and was just ensuring that I did my best in advocating for myself.

Fishbowl did not appreciate this. After misrepresenting my education and experience to me (they told me I had a college degree and one year experience when, in fact, I have 2 masters from major public universities and had, at the time, 3 years support experience), they told me I should be grateful for my unliveably low offer and that I'd "disappointed them and couldn't be trusted."

Needless to say, I put them in contact with my lawyer.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fishbowl Marketing.

Interview

It was a great hiring process, the recruiters were passionate about the company and explained the position very well. As usual headhunter would make the initial contact, followed up by HR manager until finally with hiring manager/s.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fishbowl Marketing (Alexandria, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone call followed up with an interview at the office at Alexandria. Polite. Nice. There were two people interviewing me. Everyone who I met in the sales department was friendly. Good work environment. Pretty easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What qualities make a good sales rep? What have you done in the past to show these qualities?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Fishbowl Marketing.

Interview

They were super nice and helpful! I actually dropped off my resume at a career fair and they emailed me asking for an interview time that worked. It seems like their process is based completely on their perception of your resume.
    Unfortunately I was late to the interview. They tried their best to accommodate my changing circumstances. This company seems like they really care about who they keep in their organization.
    Don't be late and take it seriously! I truly regret missing this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Fishbowl Marketing? (over email)   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fishbowl Marketing (Alexandria, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Pretty Standard - Focus was on culture fit, trust & accountability more than ability. Management really wanted to understand how you deal and interact with clients and Senior Management - can you control and lead a conversation with multiple actors.

Interview Questions

• Describe a hurdle you've faced? How did you overcome it.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fishbowl Marketing (Alexandria, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview with an HR girl, didn't hear from her the day of the call or a few days after. Called me back on a Monday and said that she was in a meeting or something, and then took about 2 weeks to schedule the final interview. I ended up not even scheduling the interview because I was just really put off by the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about Fishbowl Marketing   1 Answer

Enterprise Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fishbowl Marketing (Alexandria, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Once we (recruiter and I) identified Fishbowl as an opportunity, it went really quickly. I had a couple of interviews on the phone and then did a couple of in person interviews where I met the teams that I'd work alongside. A week after that, they sent an offer letter and its been a good time ever since.One thing I did not appreciate is that I was told there was not a lot of room for salary negotiation late in the process. If I knew that, I would have thought twice about the opportunity in all honesty. It tells a lot of about a company that says its our way or the highway in salary negotiations.

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fishbowl Marketing.

Interview

Was contacted in October 2013. Had one phone interview and two in person interviews, but was not offered the position. Very difficult to get in contact with the people I was meant to e-mail. Although they offered me to e-mail with any questions, when I did send the e-mail I never received a response from anyone until three and a half weeks later when I was told I did not get the job.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fishbowl Marketing.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter within a week of applying online and we set up a phone interview a few days later. The day of the interview, the recruiter had something "come up" and asked me what times I was available in the following weeks. I immediately responded with lots of options for her but never heard back either by phone or email. Three weeks later I emailed for the third time asking if I could please speak to someone because I was still interested in the position. All I got back was "sorry we haven't been able to connect!" We did eventually have the phone interview (an hour later than scheduled, I might add) and it was very pleasant but I never heard anything back after that.

Online Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fishbowl Marketing (Alexandria, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Hiring and process was fast. However, they hire just to fill any position whether over or underqualified.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.