Fitch Ratings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fitch Ratings Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2017

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was very quick. Consisted of a 5 hour long interview where I met various members of the team I applied to and had two assessments related to the job. One of the assessments consisted of providing an opinion about a fictitious company and writing a one page report on it. The second assessment was specific to the group I was joining.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze a company's ability to meet its obligations?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

I was interviewed with three managers onsite in Chicago. At the beginning I was asked to read a report and describe the change in creditworthiness for companies if oil prices fluctuate. I was given 30 minutes to describe my answer, then had to present my answer in 10 minutes or less to three managers.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

Phone interview first with HR, followed by an on-site interview. First hour with manager, next hour with two of the senior members of the team. Everyone was professional and personable. They were interested in my experience and very informative about the position.

Con: it took over two months before they let me know they filled the position with an internal hire. I sent them one email a few weeks after the interview, no response.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were directly in reference to my resume and past experience.   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings.

Interview

4 rounds of interview
    1 writing assessment test
    Fit questions were fair but required lots of rounds of interview. Process could be shortened. HR is slow to respond and very disorganized.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process took about 3 hours. The first hour was a timed writing exercise. You were given a description of a fictitious company and had to write a one-page opinion about the company using key facts. Next was a series of one-on-one interviews, about 30 minutes each. Slightly different angle to each interview but no unreasonable questions.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First HR person contacts you / asks you questions about resume. Second round has three parts: write about a company where they provide the information and questions, then meet with people in the department, and finally they test your Excel skills.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a lengthy online assessment. After about 2 months after completing the assessment, I was selected for a phone interview which was pretty straightforward, a mix of both technical and personal questions. The next day I found out that I advanced to the super day. The super day included a writing sample, followed by two back-to-back 1 on 1 interviews and an excel test.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I would say Fitch Ratings had one of the best interview process. Everybody was engaged from HR/Recruiter to interviewers. The HR representative was warm and accommodating. I had to expedite my interview process and she was extremely helpful and got me through the interview process seamlessly. The interviewers were professional and welcoming. They asked about my PM experience and also I think they are looking for the right fit for the company which I agree is very important. I interviewed with the managers for each group I will be working with: Project Management, Business Analyst, and Development managers.

I was excited to receive the offer but regretfully had to decline due to personal reasons even. However I believe Fitch would have been a great place to advance in my career.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my experience as a project manager.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty much all behavioral. I was in the middle of exam season so they accommodated me with a skype interview. Have a good idea bout basic credit ratings, high yield vs. investment grade and general market trends. Only thing is I didn't hear back for 3+ weeks, I had assumed I didn't get the job. One hard question was "tell me something about you not on your resume."

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fitch Ratings (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school. Then I was sent a skills test. Following that I had a phone interview with HR and then an on site interview with people from different groups/levels in the company. I also had a short presentation which they gave me 30 min to prep for on a research report.