Five Star Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Five Star Senior Living

1.9

OTA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pineville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (Pineville, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

Rehab Director was very unprofessional during my interview talked badly about former employee whom I was replacing........ I regret not listening to this big red flag

Interview Questions

• Do you actually like working with patients with dementia or do you just tolerate them?   Answer Question

Outpatient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Basically a meet and greet; no real problems with this. It didn't occur to me to ask specific questions about the amount of clerical work involved. My interviewer later stated this was discussed in detail; I strongly disagree(d).

Interview Questions

• They simply want to fill the position, I think if one is a licensed therapist with at least 3 years of experience you'll get the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The more time and experience you have the more it translates into pay. Also the more experience you have in out-patient, billing, marketing, etc. does as well. However, your experience and what you think is needed DO NOT MATTER!!! They have the 5 Star way and that's what will be done!

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The director contacted me via phone and we set up an interview date. During the interview, he gave me a brief tour of the facility, introduced me to some of the rehab team members and allowed me to ask questions. It was a laid-back process and I was able to learn more about the facility.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in this setting?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living in September 2018.

Interview

One-on-one interviews with 3 managers. Very conversational interview. Brief overview of the company and how the accounting department is structured. We discussed the responsibilities of the role and I was asked about my background and career goals. No technical accounting questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job and what are you looking for in your next role?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with four managers and one staff accountant. Talked about the role and what the day to day process was like. Also, talked about the community and the work environment. Asked what skill level I was with excel.

Waitstaff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (San Bernardino, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

It was fast, also because I was doing internship there first. After doing internship for about 2 months the dining room manger offered me a part time position. I filled out an application and turned it in, by next week I was called back in to do a physical and drug test. I had no problem with those so once I was finished and signed all the papers I had to watch videos and then got right to work. once I started on the payroll I was trained in all the departments.

Interview Questions

• What can I offer the company and why do I want to work for their company.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

Was referred by a friend which helps a lot. Basic questions were asked. Drug test required as well as working permits if under 18. Good luck to everyone. They have a lot of opportunities for hours if you become full time.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (Independence, KS) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied for a job in the store. Got the call to come in for an interview 2 days later. It was an easy interview, very laid back. I was asked the basic "What would you do" questions. It lasted abouto30 minutest max. I received the call that I was hired that same day and started a week later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was unsatisfied with their order?   1 Answer

Activities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (Durham, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Very nice. The woman interviewing me basically had an in depth conversation with me which allowed me to be comfortable. The job did not work out but she offered multiple suggestions for other interviews.

Associate General Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online website. Received invitation for a phone screen within 10 days. Initial phone screen conducted by HR. Phone screen approximately 30 minutes long. Referred to hiring manager for further consideration.