Five Star Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Five Star Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2017

1.9

Dishwasher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living.

Interview

The interview was quite easy, I got referred by a friend that they were hiring, the interview itself took about 10 min, then I got a tour of where I would be working and introduced to the staff. Started a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in the restaurant or kitchen industry before?   1 Answer

Activities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (Durham, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Very nice. The woman interviewing me basically had an in depth conversation with me which allowed me to be comfortable. The job did not work out but she offered multiple suggestions for other interviews.

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The director contacted me via phone and we set up an interview date. During the interview, he gave me a brief tour of the facility, introduced me to some of the rehab team members and allowed me to ask questions. It was a laid-back process and I was able to learn more about the facility.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in this setting?   1 Answer

LVN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (Roseville, CA).

Interview

7 different interviews with 1) Massachusetts recruiter set up local interview. 2) current manager 1:1 (resigned her position before process was completed). 3) Panel interview with management team. 4) Phone interview with regional management team (1 participant not present) 5) Individual interview with temp building manager. 6) Second interview and apology from Massachusetts corporate office for inability to get their act together. 7) Interview with regional sales representative on site. Never heard from any of them again, not even a "thank you for applying." The manager resigned did call to recruit for an open position at his/her new facility. I washed my hands of the entire mess. STAY AWAY!!! I landed a full-time position with another company with better pay/benefits while these people were chasing their tails. I am nurse manager, not a sales representative.

Interview Questions

• How are you at marketing? Are you comfortable with "selling" our product?   1 Answer

Dining Room Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very casual and pleasent.I would highly recommend this place.The manager seems so nice and I look forward to working here.They were very easy to talk to and I think it will be great working here.

Dietary Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (New York, NY).

Interview

Very simple interview process. Asked me a few simple questions such as "why do you want to work here?" or things of that nature. Job does not require immense amounts of talent so the interview process wasn't too rigorous.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (Fayetteville, AR).

Interview

It went decent the assistant administrater was very rude I did not appreciate her tone in her voice and the way she acted towards a potential employee the facility is very nice but they need new employees

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (Wilmington, DE) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process Interview process consisted of a phone screening and a face-to-face interview. The phone screening was conducted by the director and she seemed very nice and outgoing. The face-to-face interview was a mess. It was supposed to be a panel that consisted of the 13-person management team. Very disorganized. The managers came and went as the pleased during the interview. The questions were not organized and were all over the place. They asked repeat questions. Was told a decision would be made within 2 weeks and no one has bothered to call, email or send a letter. Common courteously to send some form of denial. I have not respect for companies that don’t provide updates.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions: Why do you want to work here? Why are you qualified for this position? Experience related to position.   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (Rogers, MN).

Interview

30 minutes after I emailed my resume, they called me for an interview the next day. I waited 20 minutes for a 10 minute interview & she hired me on the spot. I started orientation a week later.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer

CNA/RA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Five Star Senior Living (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Came in filled out a application. Had a on the spot interview with the human resources person. I thought that the process was very easy. I was surprised that they hired me on the spot. Most places take at least 2-4 days to call back for everything. Fast, quick, easy process. Basically whole interview process took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Was asked a couple of questions about myself. Why do I want to work for the company, how did I hear about the company. Tell me about a time that you took a risk? The asked if I would like to take a tour of the building. Took a tour was asked if I liked what I saw, and if I am still interested in the position? I said yes. Filled out the new hire paperwork. Authorization for a background check, credit check, and a on the spot urine drug screen was conducted.   Answer Question