Florida International University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Florida International University

2.3

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three stages. A written application, a group workshop where they assess how you interact with other people in a group, and a one on one interview.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online and sent my resume to the head of the department at the school. I received a call to schedule an interview about 2.5 weeks after applying. I was told to be there on a certain day at a certain time. It was clearly not flexible at all but luckily it worked out. They kindly emailed me all applicable information regarding location, parking and names and title of the person who I would be meeting with. I found out a couple days beforehand that it was a panel interview with 3 executives. They gave me their names and titles. The interview was very standard with them telling me about the position and asking me questions. I got an email about a week later for a second interview. Again, the time was given to me, not flexible. They again provided the names and titles of those who I would be meeting with. In this one, they put a lot of pressure on me. It wasn't hard but it did scare me about the job quite a bit. About a week later, I got a call with a verbal offer. The written offer did not come until over a week later and it was a very general offer letter they basically just change the name, title and salary on and give out to everyone.

Negotiation

I tried, but there's no negotiating. It's a state job and salaries and benefits are set. You have to go to the website and find the benefits yourself. Even so, there's missing info. There were at least 6 different individuals involved in the on-boarding process so it was pretty confusing and I never knew who to contact about what but it wasn't unmanageable. Everything was properly communicated except for the benefits, which I had to determine myself by searching through thousands of HR documents on the website. Then, I had to confirm whether they were included in the position or not and get the info that I couldn't find. It took a lot of time and there are so many benefit options that it was not clear from searching alone.

Clerk Interview

Interview

Quick interview about overall skills in the office. Questions dwelled on the ability to handle office software and customer accounts database. Overall, it was a very straight forward interview. This was for an office job at the Department of Parking and Transportation.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you've ever been in?   Answer Question

Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

I was called in for an interview about 1 month after applying. It was a panel interview with all my future managers. They all took turns asking me questions regarding different aspects of the job and my experience.

Interview Questions

• What were my goals? If offered the position, how would I make a difference   Answer Question

Admissions Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida International University.

Interview

I applied online from an ad on their website, took a few weeks for them to get back. Interviewed on site, typical interview questions. Interviewer was nice and personable. It was not a difficult process.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Interview

No real interview if you are a student in the department you are going to teach in as they already know you, your strengths, weaknesses, how you would act in specific situations etc. So, the hiring and interview process, if you can call it that is fairly simple.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Worst experience ever! Expected to be slaved, overworked and underpaid. No recognition for anything done, petty office drama, only good thing were my coworkers at my level. I don't not recommend working here.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL) in December 2009.

Interview

The process was not too lengthy as the Director rushed the process. The hiring process went smoothly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL).

Interview

I applied in May, had a telephone interview in June, then an in person interview in July and a third interview in August. The process was unnecessarily long. One of the interviewers told me they were in a rush to hire someone but in between each step I had to wait 2 weeks to hear back and then scheduled the interview for 2-3 weeks later. I felt I did great and the interviewers liked me but in the end I didn't get the position. I had to basically harass the HR rep every week after the final interview and when I finally got an answer she was very cold and didn't give any feed back when asked. Since then I have interviewed for another position which has gone much faster and smoother but I have not heard back yet.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL) in January 2019.

Interview

The assistant called me and asked some questions. Then we fixed an interview time. The assistant professor asked me about 15 questions. Nice smile and answer. But they didn't give some feedback.

Interview Questions

• If you made some mistakes and the employee angry about you, what will you do?   Answer Question