Florida International University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Florida International University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.3

Admissions Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida International University.

Interview

I applied online from an ad on their website, took a few weeks for them to get back. Interviewed on site, typical interview questions. Interviewer was nice and personable. It was not a difficult process.

Library Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL).

Interview

Question regarding about yourself. They are trying to see you you are as a person. What were your previous jobs. They show you around the library where you would be working at.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself   2 Answers

OneStop Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida International University in May 2017.

Interview

Well, I have interviewed with many Universities and this by far was the best experience. The process was organized and everyone was so professional. I was scheduled for interview times and a confirmation email with details would follow up from the office manager. I had a phone interview then an in person interview with an interview committee of about 5-6 people, and they were extremely professional and so nice! They asked many questions: customer service, dealing with difficult students/customers, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why FIU? I was offered the position, however, I declined due to the salary. Unfortunately, they were not open to negotiating the pay... But I completely understand that business is business. Overall, wonderful interview experience and I know whoever accepted the position will be very happy!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress and what is your philosophy on customer service?   1 Answer

Enrollment Associate Interview

Application

Interview

This was for FIU Online Enrollment Associate. The interview process took a month, the time it took for them to call me for an interview was over 5 months.

It was a group interview, with 3 people conducting the interview (HR rep, two dept. managers). All interviews at FIU are done with a panel of interviewers. For this position it was quite different as they asked us to bring in an item for show and tell. I move one to a second interview with 4 other people and the same 3 interviewers. I was offered the job that same week.

Interview Questions

• Interviews for other positions are straight out of an HR interview question book: situational questions; what is your biggest regret? greatest achievement? etc...   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida International University (New York, NY).

Interview

Very slow. Roughly 2 months. They hired a woman by the time got her pw done she had taken another job.hr takes a rather long time to get your paper through the system.

Federal Work Study Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I did not receive FWS in my FAFAS, but I reached out to the hiring manager directly and they were able to get me approved for it. Basically once I got to the interview I got the job, because the hiring manager is super chill

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What are your best and worst qualities?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Called in for phone interview was very brief and went in for 1:1 with Director of the department. 1 week later asked for panel interview with at least 7/8 people. Director, associate directors and assistants, everyone was super friendly and professional!! Was called with the verbal offer, then did the background check and reference check. Background check came back in a week and everything was super professional and informed. Make sure you read about the University, Department, emphasis on education and culture of FIU, and practice questions related to the position. Overall great experience and atmosphere!!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Team meeting asking me about my goals, previous projects, and myself. They brought up projects from my Github and asked me questions about how they worked and the underlying technologies I used to build them.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Florida International University (Coral Gables, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone call/Email is sent to you to schedule the interview.
    1st round: In-person interview with HR and 2 Directors associated to the department (didn't go further).

This is telling me to say more, but this box is too stupid to understand that I cannot simplify it any more. Anybody older than 10 years old can understand this.

Interview Questions

• Why FIU and why this position?   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application into the pool, heard back after 1-2 weeks, interviewed the day after the phone call, they ask you what your comfortable with and hire you on the spot or not.