Florida International University Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Florida International University

2.3
HardAverageEasy
Found 129 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haiti
Application

I interviewed at Florida International University (Haiti)

Interview

The interview process was very calm. I was interviewed by a panel of three people. The interviewers were very nice and reassuring. It was stressful because it was an interview but not overly stressful.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to tell them about myself.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Florida International University (United States)

Interview

very good. The people there are very nice, they truly want to learn form you and you have to get to know them as well. It's truly a great experience and one of the nicest processes of interview. You will be treated very well and with a lot of respect. The culture there is like a family.

Interview Questions
  • What's your experience in tutoring?
  • What impact do you want to make in the community?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Florida International University (United States)

Interview

One 45-minute interview over Zoom with two Directors. I was asked 2-3 questions. One of the Directors didn’t really seem to be paying attention during my responses, and they have been ghosting me ever since (4+ weeks), which is incredibly unprofessional. It is possible that it’s taking FIU this long to make a decision, but if that is the case, the professional thing to do would be to respond to one of my emails explaining the timeline. Ghosting should be reserved for startup companies, who don’t know any better, and teenage girls. For an established university to do this is insulting.

Interview Questions
Florida International University
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL) in May 2020

Interview

They ask about your experience in the field. They show you the facility and the equipment to be used in the lab. Then you’re introduced to your possible teammates and managers.

Interview Questions
Florida International University
Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida International University (Dallas, TX) in Feb 2020

Interview

After application, I was scheduled for a Skype interview after 2 weeks. All the lab members were present in the panel for the Skype interview and the interview lasted for nearly 45 minutes

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL) in Dec 2019

Interview

they just asked the basic interview questions such as "what happens if my internet goes out", "what is DHCP", what happens if my printer can't print, "do you know how to install windows 10"

Interview Questions
  • Do you know how to install windows 10
  • What is DHCP
  • My computer is on but my monitor won't turn on, how do you fix this
Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL) in Nov 2019

Interview

The interview was a mix of technical and personality questions and was conducted by one person. The questions were not overly complex, and the interview felt both comfortable and professional.

Interview Questions
Florida International University
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida International University (United States)

Interview

The entire hiring process takes a while, but once you get through the interview and paperwork it's a breeze. Although I did have to be determined about getting the position and actively went out of my way to follow up on the process, to show that I was highly interested in working for the department I applied under.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you worked on a team-based project and a member was not doing their share of the work, how did you handle it?
Application

Interview

It was a student position so much wasn't required at the time. You just have to be reliable and demonstrate dedication. It was a one on one interview. The most relaxing interview I had and I wasn't nervous.

Interview Questions
    Florida International University
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida International University (Miami, FL)

Interview

Usually a panel of 3-4 people that will all take turns asking you some pretty basic questions. You need to have a basic knowledge of FIU buildings and programs. Some scenario questions.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask a few questions about scenarios that could pop up on tour.
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 129