Fluke Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fluke Networks Interview Questions

Interviews at Fluke Networks

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fluke Networks.

Interview

pnoe call first, and then face to face interview. the interview time is pretty long than usual, but I thought it is a good way for both to ubderstand each other. I also invited to view the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluke Networks (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

I found Fluke Networks at a university job fair. They asked me a few initial technical questions on the spot to determine whether or not I would get a followup phone interview. I passed the test, and a few weeks later received a phone call in which I answered an easy technical question on a code collaboration site. Finally, I made it to the onsite interview where I interviewed with three successive engineers and then had a personality interview with the CEO. All of the interviewers were extremely nice and helpful and were willing to talk through the question if I had any problems. I even ended up learning a lot about some of the questions I didn't know. As the final interview for the day, I was asked to make a presentation about a challenging project I had done in the past. A few weeks later, I received a phone call and offer letter.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was a very simple coding problem, but some of the onsite questions were more difficult. I was asked about operating system principles such as deadlock and priority inversion, asked to write code for a simple map-reduce function, and a function to check if IP addresses were valid. Again, the interviewers were very supportive and friendly and ended up teaching me what I didn't already know.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for internship.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fluke Networks (Everett, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

I had a long day of back to back interviews planned including lunch. After meeting my first interviewer I was brought to the lunch room, and then directed upstairs into a room with no windows. I tried to eat while answering question and question. While this isn't uncommon it was interesting that we had it in the conference room. There were 2-3 people grilling me while i was trying to eat my salad. Then, hour after hour i sat there while people came in and out to interview me. I finally asked if i could get a drink or use the restroom as no one offered me a break. At the end, i was given a written test where the manager watched me the entire time to ensure i didn't cheat. Give me a break. I would never work at this place and was sorry i spent so much of my day there.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would work with other teams at the company and what worked and what hasn't? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fluke Networks (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

Several phone calls, then the in-person interview. The in-person portion took place over an entire day. I met with various engineers in the morning, went to lunch with the team, then met with the manager in the afternoon. It took a long time to get a decision, but it was ultimately worth it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluke Networks.

Interview

1. Phone interview with manager,
    2. onsite technical interview with 3 software developers
    3. Background and drug tests
    4. Phone interview Sr manager/director
    5. Got the offer letter
    5. Spoke to HR staff about benefits
    6. Orientation

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fluke Networks (Everett, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager, and Sales Development Rep, and Lead for the SDR position, the Human Resources Director, and someone in hire management.

Interview Questions

• They wanted you to be able to show that you had an understanding of their tools and be able to apply the technology into everyday situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a low number, I said that number is too low, they offered me a much better number (8K more), I said you are getting closer...they eventually gave me a number that 15K more then their original offer.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fluke Networks (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very long. In total , I was interviewed by 12 different people. The interviewers ranged from Account Managers, to Engineering staff , Product Managers, Sales Managers and the Business unit President. Most interviews were performed over the phone with only the final interviews face to face.The entire process lasted approximately month and a half.

Field Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluke Networks in December 2014.

Interview

1. Submit online application
    2. Received email requesting phone interview from recruiter
    3. Online personality quiz
    4. 20-30 min phone interview with Fluke Networks employee recruiter
    5. Phone interview with hiring manager
    6. 5 x 1 hour interviews with managers/employees I would be working with
    7. Email with offer

Interview Questions

• Very typical.
      1. Skills, expertise
      2. Questions about the company
      3. successful marketing programs in the past
      4. how prove marketing programs are working, not working (metric reporting)   Answer Question

Field Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluke Networks (Everett, WA).

Interview

The interview process included two phone screens, then an all day interview process meeting with several different members on the team, ranging from the VP to peers. The process also included a lunch interview.

Interview Questions

• The company is very heavy channel focused, so there were a number of questions related to how to engage and utilize the channel to generate leads and sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

With HR, a little bit of back and forth on both sides and came to a solid agreement.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Fluke Networks (Everett, WA).

Interview

Nothing too special.
    2 phone interviews, asking generic questions to see if it is a cultural fit.

2 on-site interview days. First day was to meet your manager and other co-workers. After that, met with VP?GM of another BU and CEO. For the job I interviewed, it was puzzling why I even need to meet the CEO for interview.

Most of the questions were not technically challenging. Asked about experience on pricing, launching products, etc. were also pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. May the question of asking how do you perform bi-directional fiber testing was a little different?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much. They low-ball the offer by a lot, and so I asked for perceived market rate and got it.