Folio3 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Folio3 Interview Questions

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karachi (Bolivia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Folio3 (Karachi (Bolivia)) in October 2014.

Interview

First there was a technical interview. Questions are following
    > What is Singleton pattern? Implement it
    > What is Index (in sql).. types of index
    > What are Triggers in sql
    > Difference b/w Stored proc and function
    > Where to use SP... where to use functions? What is scope of SP? Can SP of one DB do operation on any other DB?
    > How to use Inheritance in Javascript
    > Write Left outer join query in LINQ
    > Types of access modifiers... diff b/w protected and internal
    > What is static keyword.. use of static variable/method
    > How to set breadcrumbs (using database)
    > Make program to show pattern 1,4,9,16,25,27....
    Then I got the call for the 2nd interview as soon as i left their building. 2nd interview consist verbal interview and logical test. Interview Questions are as follows
    > How to create a counter on website which shows all users viewing the site
    > ASP.NET Life cycle
    > What are modules/Handlers in ASP.net
    > Diff bw Generics vs Array List
    > Implement Singleton class
    > Diff in == & === in Java Script
    > What are Association, Aggregation, Composition?
    >We have 4 tables.. Country, City, District, Sub District. How to make hierarchy of them in database ( One way is adding foreign reference of parent in child table... but what's the other way?)
    > ASP.Net Session state/Application State. Where to save data if we want it anywhere on the application?
    > How does server know that if the request is a Postback or not?
    > Where does ViewState exist?
    > Can we create multiple Master Pages? If yes, then in which Event we should set the master page?
    Logical test have questions of number series, pattern series and other logical mathematical questions

Interview Questions

• How to create a counter on website which shows all users currently viewing the site   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Test for programming, problem solving, IQ and DB. One technical interview depends on technology and field you applied for, they asked object oriented programming in depth if you applied for the post of software engineer . Then there will be HR interview in which they watch you communication skills and future availability for the company.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Folio3 (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in May 2012.

Interview

- Test It has IQ part, programming part, databases part, Testing theory part, test case writing part. All sections were needed to be cleared to be short listed for technical interviewes.
    - Test was followed by Two Technical Interviews. Each interview was taken by two lead level resources.
    - - They were followed by HR Interview and offer

Interview Questions

• - Everything related to Software Testing
      - Different types of testing
      - Mobile apps testing
      - Fragmentation on devices and their implications on testing
      - automation frameworks I have worked on
      - Bug management life cycle   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Folio3 in April 2012.

Interview

The company contacted a list of people from by university. They took an initial written test and then called the selected candidates who may have performed well in the test. I was called for the first technical interview and the test was good. The person tested my knowledge of OOP, problem solving and asked questions related to my projects list. I had a second interview which was a HR interview. Personality questions were asked and I was offered a job then.

Interview Questions

• check that the first and last digit of an integer is even.   1 Answer

Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Folio3 (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in February 2012.

Interview

There were two stages of interview. Phase One consisted of a Technical Interview in which basics of Databases, Algorithm Design, and Object Oriented Programming were asked. The interviewers were current employees at the company and thus focused mostly on the technologies in use at the company. If you've mentioned any specific technology on your CV be prepared to dive into the depths of that. Be straight forward about things you don't know. Folio3 offers lots of opportunities of growth to employees. Make sure you're brushed up on algorithms!! Sorting Algos, Tree Traversal, Hashing etc.

Interview Questions

• Design a program to list down all Prime numbers before a given number.   2 Answers
    • How are sessions managed in PHP?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was my first job thus I didn't negotiate. Be forewarned - If you're not from the Computer Engineering or Software Engineering field there's a Training Program (titled Folio3 University) for you BUT there's also a 1.5 year bond!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Folio3 (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in September 2011.

Interview

Its just good