Follett Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Follett

2.1

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Interview

Quick, easy, and got my questions answered when I asked. Did not feel judged or worried that I would say the wrong thing to not get hired. The woman who interviewed me and some others was very nice and respectable.

Interview Questions

• Can you start working as soon as possible?
      Can you lift the recommended weight?   3 Answers

Other Interview

Interview

First there was a phone interview. Met with three people for 30 minutes each.

Negotiation

Not available

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Follett (Livingston, NJ) in May 2018.

Interview

Hiring director called for a phone interview to explain the job. Had a face to face interview with the direct boss. She talked a lot and not a lot of questions, more talking about the job.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Follett (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2019.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview process. Then I was contacted to conduct a face to face interview with representatives from the campus. There was about 2 weeks in between each interview. Everything has been going really smooth. The face to face lasted about 1 hour and then I received a short tour of the campus followed by the bookstore.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a disgruntle customer that wasn't satisfied at all and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Follett (Lincoln, NE) in July 2013.

Interview

They sat me down and asked me some very basic interview questions. Stuff like "what are your strengths?" Almost nothing other than that, they asked when I could start, then told me I had the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you've overcome in your life?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

easy they hire mostly temps and take like 20 people every fall semester. You go in the interview takes 30 mins if you have good availability you get hired. After that they only keep a few people on as permanent hires.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Follett (Westchester, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

One initial interview and a final round interview. One of the managers seemed almost robotic. Showed no emotion. The "final" interview seemed ok.. Something seemed a bit odd though. You had to prepare a Powerpoint presentation. Which seemed a bit far fetched for an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time where you dealt with a difficult customer...   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Follett (Hayward, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

There was a 30 mins interview. The manager asked about your reaction to some situation. They would like to know your personality, responses, and comment sense. It was a very nice interview. If you have questions, you can ask at any time. The bookstore and the people are very nice to work with. The best is to listen to what the question was. Make sure you understand the question or request. Sometime you may think outside of the box. It depends on your personality. During the interview, make sure you have to be yourself. Do not ask some nonsense questions or make jokes.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Follett (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

pretty easy, simple basic questions. they asked me if i could work either day or night shift. night shift gets paid a dollar more but time managing in the morning is a big advantage.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Follett (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

They promote from within, and it's a panel interview. They're looking for specific examples of how you're a team player and how you sell to the customer. You also sell a product to the group.

Interview Questions

• Describe what makes you an idea candidate for this position, sell and market something to us, describe a time when you couldn't make a customer happy. You're also asked how you organize your day.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Follett (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview was very easy hired on spot no specific questions were asked just explained about rush week and if I was familiar. Asked how did I hear about the job and hired me right there on spot

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with rush week?   1 Answer