Follett Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Follett Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.2

Associate Interview

Interview

easy they hire mostly temps and take like 20 people every fall semester. You go in the interview takes 30 mins if you have good availability you get hired. After that they only keep a few people on as permanent hires.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Just walked in dressed to impress and had a quick conversation. She asked a few easy question and was very friendly. She asked when i would be able to work. I was immediately hired after the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Follett.

Interview

Applied and was called for an interview two weeks later. Basic questions were asked. Interviewer was very friendly and was not intimidating. Employment was offered several days following the interview.

Store Manager III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Follett in March 2017.

Interview

Found the position online and applied. I didn't receive a call back immediately but when I saw it again I went and looked for the recruiter and reached out via LinkedIn. After contacting the recruiter I was scheduled an interview then told I'd hear back from her soon. Three to four weeks went by and I was then called back for an interview a regional manager. That too went well and I was then asked for a third interview with the campus contact. Upon completing my third and final interview I was offered the job pending background check and drug test. It was a somewhat long process but patience was rewarded.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions with recruiter and general conversation w regional. I suggest doing your research and find out as much about the company as you can and it will be a breeze   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Follett (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter emailed asking for times available for a phone screening. Supplied multiple time slots over a series of days. Received an email the next day asking if I could have the call in 30 minutes.
    Recruiter called me several minutes later than scheduled, but the call went well and she indicated the hiring manager had already reviewed my credentials and was looking forward to speaking with me.
    A phone interview was scheduled at that time with the hiring manager. After not receiving a call 20 minutes into the scheduled time, I emailed the recruiter asking if she could either let me know if the interview had been canceled or rescheduled. She did not respond, though several days later I did receive a 'Complimentary Career Transition Support' offer for 6 months. I'd have rather had a cacelation notice.

Interview Questions

• Asked about technical skills as described explicitly in posted job description.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Follett (San Marcos, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. I was only asked 3 questions and was free to go. They also had me fill out an availability form before they got the interview started.

Interview Questions

• 1. What would you do if you had an angry customer?
      2. What is your name?
      3. What job experiences do you have?
      4. Tell me more about you
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Follett.

Interview

The process was incredibly easy -- it was formatted as a group with reasonable questions that were relevant to the position. At first I thought that it was off that someone young-ish (around m age) was conducting the interview until I was called in for a second with the manager. It is a college bookstore, so I now understand that it's beneficial for the company to get a feel of candidates from fellow students. (My first interviewer had also been with the company for three years, since he was a freshman, so he had experience in doing what I was applying to.)

Interview Questions

• If you were put into a position where a customer became irate, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate I Interview

Interview

Super relaxed, easy interview. The staff was nice and friendly and not intimidating at all. Made me feel like I was going to be part of a team. My interview was a group one that consisted of 3 people.

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Follett (Westchester, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was not coordinated and lacked follow up.

First there is the generic phone screening, then you have an in person interview with at least 4 members of the team, 2 junior level employees who you would be working with and then the second half the interview with a manager and the hiring manager.

The first half of the interview is where you really learn the pain points of the lean team and how stressed they are. The second half of the interview is where you get answers to your questions about daily responsibilities. You learn that there is a lot of red tape, in the end you cannot say no (even if it makes no sense) and that everyone (internal and external stakeholders) feels that the marketing department doesn't know what they are doing but they rely on them to get their message out.

Forget about follow up. After I had an in-person interview, everyone went dark. I did the polite task of sending thank you emails and received only one response back. HR didn't follow up with any feedback. I followed up a couple weeks after the interview with HR and no feedback. Not even an automated generated "sorry, you aren't the right candidate" email. I tried one last time for any feedback and still received no response.

The sad thing is, I know they read my emails and when they read them. I have an app that allows me to track opened emails I send out. It is so disappointing, especially for a company such as Follett to act like this. I had high hopes for this company, but experiencing such negativity first hand leads me to believe all the negative reviews are true.

Job applicants should be treated fairly and not like trash.

E-Commerce Fulfillment Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Follett (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly simple process. I found the opportunity online on Craig's List and replied to the ad. About 1.5 weeks later, my now supervisor replied to my email asking me to come in for an interview in the next day or two. The normal interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had in the past that would make you an excellent candidate for this position? When you have come across an unhappy customer, what were the steps you took to ensure a positive experience for them? What managerial experience have you had that relates to this position? How do you best motivate employees to get the job done?   Answer Question