Follett Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.2

Senior Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McHenry, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Follett (McHenry, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR Rep, then Phone Interview with Britton Follett and 2 others on conference call, then I was given an "assignment" which was basically a one-page word doc "creative brief" to redesign their entire ad campaign for follettchallenge.com. Then Ms. Follett proceeded to tell me it was "just a little creative brief" to see how technically proficient I was with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite. Ya right, like I said, and I quote, "refresh the existing FC brand, Design email to customers..., Design landing page, design web ad (300X250) to generate awareness and excitement" So I'm designing on spec now? With 15 years experience, a portfolio, and a bachelor's degree in graphic design, that's not enough? Get real!

Interview Questions

• What can you offer us that no other candidate can offer?   1 Answer
    • Is the location going to be a problem? We offer flex-time but you'll be expected to work in the office   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

easy they hire mostly temps and take like 20 people every fall semester. You go in the interview takes 30 mins if you have good availability you get hired. After that they only keep a few people on as permanent hires.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Just walked in dressed to impress and had a quick conversation. She asked a few easy question and was very friendly. She asked when i would be able to work. I was immediately hired after the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Follett.

Interview

Applied and was called for an interview two weeks later. Basic questions were asked. Interviewer was very friendly and was not intimidating. Employment was offered several days following the interview.

Store Manager III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Follett in March 2017.

Interview

Found the position online and applied. I didn't receive a call back immediately but when I saw it again I went and looked for the recruiter and reached out via LinkedIn. After contacting the recruiter I was scheduled an interview then told I'd hear back from her soon. Three to four weeks went by and I was then called back for an interview a regional manager. That too went well and I was then asked for a third interview with the campus contact. Upon completing my third and final interview I was offered the job pending background check and drug test. It was a somewhat long process but patience was rewarded.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions with recruiter and general conversation w regional. I suggest doing your research and find out as much about the company as you can and it will be a breeze   Answer Question

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Follett (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter emailed asking for times available for a phone screening. Supplied multiple time slots over a series of days. Received an email the next day asking if I could have the call in 30 minutes.
    Recruiter called me several minutes later than scheduled, but the call went well and she indicated the hiring manager had already reviewed my credentials and was looking forward to speaking with me.
    A phone interview was scheduled at that time with the hiring manager. After not receiving a call 20 minutes into the scheduled time, I emailed the recruiter asking if she could either let me know if the interview had been canceled or rescheduled. She did not respond, though several days later I did receive a 'Complimentary Career Transition Support' offer for 6 months. I'd have rather had a cacelation notice.

Interview Questions

• Asked about technical skills as described explicitly in posted job description.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Follett (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with hr then regional director flew into my area and we interviewed at the local airport. Tough questions but fair. It was different interviewing in a relatively packed airport but it actually relaxed atmosphere with all the hustle and bustle. Apparently usually are done at a local hotel conference room but none were available within the timeframe.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Follett (San Marcos, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. I was only asked 3 questions and was free to go. They also had me fill out an availability form before they got the interview started.

Interview Questions

• 1. What would you do if you had an angry customer?
      2. What is your name?
      3. What job experiences do you have?
      4. Tell me more about you   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Follett.

Interview

The process was incredibly easy -- it was formatted as a group with reasonable questions that were relevant to the position. At first I thought that it was off that someone young-ish (around m age) was conducting the interview until I was called in for a second with the manager. It is a college bookstore, so I now understand that it's beneficial for the company to get a feel of candidates from fellow students. (My first interviewer had also been with the company for three years, since he was a freshman, so he had experience in doing what I was applying to.)

Interview Questions

• If you were put into a position where a customer became irate, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate I Interview

Interview

Super relaxed, easy interview. The staff was nice and friendly and not intimidating at all. Made me feel like I was going to be part of a team. My interview was a group one that consisted of 3 people.