Forbes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.5

SEO/Analytics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Forbes (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

3 phone interviews, 1 assignment and 3 in-person interviews. Everyone was very friendly but the process took way too long. They told me I didn't get the job after I reached out to them 3 times.

Interview Questions

• Why did you study what you studied in college?   1 Answer

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forbes (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was quick and went well - more conversational to understand a personality fit (which was good).
    Got an offer but I declined, the offer was a lot lower than what I had mentioned in the initial phone screening and the recruiter didnt mention that it would be a problem. Once the offer was in the process of being made, it was lower than I currently make.

Tip: Tell the candidate the salary range before bringing them in to interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have for this role?   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Forbes.

Interview

Interviewed with upper management first. Asked standard questions about what design is, what do I enjoy about it, my experience with it, how I would handle situations with other co-workers and departments and such. I then interviewed with the lead engineer and he gave me an explanation of what is going on in the company and what needs to be done. Seems like there's a lot of pointless politics and their engineering is just barely starting. Both interviews were pleasant and straight to the point. I came back for a third interview for an "assessment" with their HR department. I showed up on time and he entire HR department was out and came 15 minutes late. The HR rep then tried to begin the assessment which took another 20 mins of waiting for her to due since the person had no idea how to start it.

The assessment was literally a personality test that you find online and long with a simple puzzle test, like brain teasers. Total waste of time.

Company seems to have potential but their HR department is incompetent.

Junior Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Forbes (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

There was a round table introduction session first with the manager and other IT department recruiters and some employees from the same college before the one on one session with the department

Interview Questions

• What is the last layer of OSI model   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forbes.

Interview

Applied online for a listed position. Contacted by Forbes Talent Acquisition and went through first round phone interviews. Received a call back the next day to set up in-person interview with 3 staff members at their NJ office. After arriving for my interview I was left waiting in a conference room for over an hour to have only 1 of the editors come in to the meeting. He was completely unprepared for the interview, didn't know who I was, hadn't viewed my work nor did he seem interested. He appeared annoyed to even speak with me. Incredibly dismissive and rude. Have never experiences such unprofessionalism - expected far more from Forbes. Disappointed to realize that if they treat interview candidates, whom they have called in for 2nd round interviews, so poorly it does not bode well with regard to potential employee treatment.

Interview Questions

• He didn't ask me much - he was not prepared or interested in the interview.   1 Answer

Front End Web Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Forbes (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying I was contacted by email within a few days for a skype interview. The interviewer gave me a long and varied list of interview times to pick from, and an interview was set up for the next day. The interview itself was relaxed, even fun and lasted about 30 minutes. An offer was supplied within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As an internship there was no negotiation involved

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forbes (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview for the Forbes location in Jersey City. It lasted 15 minutes and I did not get an offer. I applied to this job through LinkedIn because the position responsibilities sounded interesting and like a position I would be good at. After a few questions with the interviewer however, it was pretty apparent that I was not the ideal candidate they were looking for. The interviewer was pleasant to talk to and I still keep my eye out for other positions at Forbes.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Forbes (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Resume and Interest check. Culture fit questions, situation questions and basic technical questions like where and why is angular used etc., based on keywords in resume and role requirements. A Little bit of research on company and project helped

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forbes.

Interview

Pros: Was a quick and easy phone interview. 10 minutes tops and did not feel overwhelming.

Cons: Did not like that the interview was held on speaker phone. Also it has been over a month and have yet to receive any response..not even a decent email stating if I was qualified for the position or not. I was told I was going to receive a response by this time but nothing.

Writer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Forbes.

Interview

Applied though our school and get interview after 1 or 2 weeks.I was invited to a round table the overall process is relaxing and not pressured that much. Meet managers in different departments and can talk with each of them and know what each department are working on.