Formica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.7

Sales Administration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Formica (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred to the position through my university's career services department. It took about two weeks for HR to reach out for a phone screen. They invited me to come in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager and one of his colleagues.

The interview lasted about an hour and the two of them took turns asking questions. The hiring manager asked more high-level and behavioral questions, while the colleague asked several technical and reasoning questions.

While the phone screen and interview were both pretty standard and pleasant enough, the entire process was far too drawn out for my liking (granted, it was around the holidays). I reached out to HR about two weeks after the interview to see where things stood, to which I received a one sentence email that simply said "No decision has been made yet." It took another two weeks of silence for me to receive the automated rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite Excel function?   Answer Question
    • Is there a question that you expected us to ask you that we haven't already?   Answer Question
    • How many pizzas are made each year in the United States?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evendale, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Formica (Evendale, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewd with Production, Mantenance and plant Managers. They shot senerios and reviewed my resume. Asked about my experince as a supervisor and problems encountered. Explain and went in depth with my education and certificates.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for Formica
      Descibe typical day at the different jobs I had peviously   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Formica (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

This was a very open interview, and they made me feel very at home, and it felt more like they were aware of my skills and were testing me for fit.

Interview Questions

• They asked what type of manager I am.   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evendale, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Formica (Evendale, OH) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was simple and straight forward. The manager was looking for someone who was willing to learn, gave the impression they would be easy to work with, and someone with drive. They asked the normal interview questions and I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work in a group and faced an issue, how did you overcome it and what was the solution?   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Formica in July 2012.

Interview

It's was long. I interviewed in July and didn't get an offer until September. First step is a phone interview so let you know the schedules and to see if it works for you. Second is a face to face. Third is another face to face as well as a skills assessment

Corporate Accountnt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evendale, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Formica (Evendale, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and three in person internews. I interviews with HR twice, two people in accounting and one person from finance. The job offer came over the phone about a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you had to work with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Formica (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

Personnel is really nice, however, they seem highly overworked and utterly disorganized (not to mention working with archaic technology)

Interview Questions

• Do you think you are above this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Formica (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2009.

Interview

Posted on internet, recieved initial call for prescreening, received group call, in person interview, follow up call.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Formica (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

The process started with an Informal chat followed by a formal interview with the director and head of. On passing this stage I was asked to prepare a Presentation on a subject. I received feedback at each point and they encouraged my personal opinions and feedback post activities.
    I was then asked to have a Skype interview with Fletcher Buildings (Parent company)
    I was then asked for health screening and drug/alcohol testing.

Interview Questions

• What are the current trends and best practice?
      How do you keep up to date with current innovations?   Answer Question