Fortress Investment Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2018

2.9

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Represented by recruiter for a position in Accounting. Met with three people in my initial inteview for about 30 minutes each. The interview was very technical. Interviewed with people from the same group.

Interview Questions

• What did you do this weekend?   1 Answer
    • How does the waterfall calculation work? What are some of the items that can go wrong when calculating the waterfall?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate any part of the deal. The "non compete" offer was very strict.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter from this company after applying online through a job site. A few days after that initial call, I had an almost 2 hour, in depth interview in February 2017. I met with three different people with varying positions in the company. First, I met with a recruiter, then a mid-level Operations employee and finally, the Director of Operations. They all asked me similar questions about my experience so I'm not sure what the point of me meeting with all of them was. I felt like I was repeating myself over and over.

This interview was almost 2 hours long. I sent a thank you note a few days after it took place and then a follow-up email a week later and heard absolutely nothing. I thought it was incredibly rude to take 2 hours of my time and then not even be able to send a rejection email my way.

Interview Questions

• What was a crisis that has come up at work that you have had to deal with?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Friendly and engaging interviews with staff I would be working with, but HR seemed to be really disorganized and unnecessarily aggressive. I would have to say it was the worst HR experience ever. This is a very poor representation of the firm and thought about future interactions with HR during my potential employment. Fortunately, I turned down the offer. I believe the interviewee deserves mutual respect as much as their potential employer.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with challenging situations in terms of managing different personalities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Found the job through a connection. Met with the entire transportation team after a few months of making contact. It was awesome seeing their amazing office with a view of central park. The interviews were relaxed and very behavioral focused. The people were very nice. I didn't hear back for a month or so, then received the offer in april.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

very nice people ,smart and enjoyable staff made me feel comfortable asked good pointed question not too many canned or annoying questions were very knowledgeable about the company. they were very clear about hard work and willing to cotrast to other companis.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I was called in for an interview from the school career fair. The HR recruiter reached out to me via email and asked me to send her my most updated resume and sent me the link to apply for the position online. I was called in for an interview next week. It was a two hour interview with four people, thirty minutes each.

Accounts Payable Coordinator Interview

Interview

Interview process was very well-organized. Met with 3 people on the first round. After about 2 weeks, got a follow-up email for the second round. Met with 3 more people on the second round, but at a higher level in the department.

Interview Questions

• How would your prior work experience help with the position that you are applying for?   Answer Question

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online through the Fortress website and was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke on the phone and then arranged a series of 4 video interviews via Google Hangout for the following week. On the day of the video interviews, I waited 20 minutes for the recruiter to connect. She did not have a camera (only one of the interviewers did), so I just looked at my own face on the screen for most of the time. The process was incredibly disorganized. Having worked under recruiters since graduating college, I was pretty appalled by how messy their pipeline and process are. It took weeks for them to follow up with me, by which point I had already taken another offer.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I met with senior execs and staff. We discussed profit opportunities and challenges for the fund business. I presented my proposed lines of strategy. The Fortress execs had lots of detailed questions and offered some ideas about how this strategy would fit into their platform. They showed me how Fortress could help make me successful by leveraging their capital and infrastructure.

Interview Questions

• They asked me my plans to run a profitable business at Fortress. The discussion was thorough and drilled down to important details. It was a very professional interview process.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

First interviewed with HR and she was not very professional... looked down her head and started playing her hair while I was still talking. Not sure what went wrong during the conversation but the interview with the hiring manager was very brief and could tell that he was not interested in me. However, despite all these, I was asked to take the excel exam. Thank you letter was sent and never heard back from them at all which was exactly what I expected.