Fortress Investment Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Fortress Investment Group

2.8

Project Controls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

It was a 30 minute phone interview. Interviewer (Treasurer) was very awkward and condescending. Spent at least 10 mins talking about the company. Seemed all around like someone that you wouldn't want to work with.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through your resume?   1 Answer

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

HR reached out to me, letting me know a higher up wanted a quick 5-minute chat over the phone.

Phone screen was that 5 minute conversation, after which the same HR rep reached out, with a pre-interview questionnaire, which I had a week to compete and return to them.

Several days later, I received an invitation to an on-site interview. The HR rep asked for my availability, and then didn’t take said availability into the account, at all, even after several messages back and forth, over about a week, trying to figure out a time. I said that any weekday morning would work for me, as I currently work full time and have commitments at my job. The best they could do was 4 pm on a Wednesday. Really?

I was told that the interview would be 45 minutes long, and that I would meet with 2 individuals. It ended up being nearly an hour and a half, with 4 different individuals asking me basically the same questions. Again, really? I took time out of my workday to attend this interview, and made this very clear to the HR rep, so I considered this to be quite disrespectful on their part. If the interview is with 4 people, tell candidates as much so they can prepare! Insane waste of people’s time.

Not to mention that my first interviewer, the same woman I spoke with during the phone screen, was extremely rushed and cut our conversation short because she had to take a call that she apparently already knew about prior to our meeting. Red flags all around. I’ve never been so happy to not get an offer from a company.

Interview Questions

• Basic things, going over resume/job history and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Data Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

First was a phone screening with HR, second was onsite with four people, third was on site with three people. Fairly organized but once the interviews were completed, I was ghosted by my contact in HR for numerous weeks. At one point she dropped me some vague hints that one could interpret as an incoming offer, however after three weeks of following up and getting no response I finally get a call saying I was rejected. Hey Fortress HR, how about you do better by your candidates by not dragging them through the mud for weeks on end and improve your communication. Also it is extremely rude to sit on a rejection because you are too cowardly to communicate the situation. The good thing is that after being on the receiving side of their inconsiderate and anti-candidate HR practices, I surely won't waste my time with them again. Neither should you.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff, some technical, some behavioral, nothing really groundbreaking or difficult for the role I was going for.   Answer Question

Aviation Records Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

A bit odd in that it was rather like speed dating. I met with the VP of recruiting followed by to VPs from Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure, each for 30 mins. The questions were standard though I did have 6 years of experience in the role before my interview.

Interview Questions

• Some standard questions and others like why did you move to China to teach only to come back and take the same job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group.

Interview

Although the initial email, with details about my interview listed 3 people, I met with about 5 people. They all asked me very similar questions, and I felt like i was having the same conversation with every person, which made it difficult to gauge If the interview was moving in a positive or negative direction.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

First interviewed with HR and she was not very professional... looked down her head and started playing her hair while I was still talking. Not sure what went wrong during the conversation but the interview with the hiring manager was very brief and could tell that he was not interested in me. However, despite all these, I was asked to take the excel exam. Thank you letter was sent and never heard back from them at all which was exactly what I expected.

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group in June 2017.

Interview

Went through a recruiter. Interviewed after a week later in the NY location.
    All basic resume questions. No tricky questions , then basic job description what will be my responsibilities and stuff

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter from this company after applying online through a job site. A few days after that initial call, I had an almost 2 hour, in depth interview in February 2017. I met with three different people with varying positions in the company. First, I met with a recruiter, then a mid-level Operations employee and finally, the Director of Operations. They all asked me similar questions about my experience so I'm not sure what the point of me meeting with all of them was. I felt like I was repeating myself over and over.

This interview was almost 2 hours long. I sent a thank you note a few days after it took place and then a follow-up email a week later and heard absolutely nothing. I thought it was incredibly rude to take 2 hours of my time and then not even be able to send a rejection email my way.

Interview Questions

• What was a crisis that has come up at work that you have had to deal with?   Answer Question

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online through the Fortress website and was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke on the phone and then arranged a series of 4 video interviews via Google Hangout for the following week. On the day of the video interviews, I waited 20 minutes for the recruiter to connect. She did not have a camera (only one of the interviewers did), so I just looked at my own face on the screen for most of the time. The process was incredibly disorganized. Having worked under recruiters since graduating college, I was pretty appalled by how messy their pipeline and process are. It took weeks for them to follow up with me, by which point I had already taken another offer.

Real Estate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fortress Investment Group (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was extremely hectic for this company. Arrived on time (actually 10 minutes early as typically done), and waited 30 minutes beyond that for the recruiter to see me). I was on the verge of just getting up and leave, but she arrived just before then. Recruiter was friendly; however waited another 30 minutes while she tried to set me up for an interview with the head of the division. Turns out she wasn't available. Although Second round I was supposed to meet with the head of the division, it turns out she went on maternity leave the day before (go figure). Met with another member of the group -- this member was not working on the subject that the paralegal would be involved in. This member kept me waiting 20 minutes. Another turn off. Although she was nice, and as a result did said a nice thank you note, I realize this was not the company for me. This company needs to realize that just as their time is important, so is the time of the candidate. I made it very clear that for the second round that I am on a time schedule, and the member of the team was 20 minutes late. Not a good practice.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. You can tell that the member of the group doing the interview was new at this. Did not ask questions relating to the duties and responsibilities of the position. I recommend she review the job description before interviewing candidates.   1 Answer