Four Winds Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Four Winds Interactive (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview process was smooth and informative. I felt very catered to and valued from the beginning. I was "wowed" by the entire experience. The product is super cool and the people are even cooler. The HR team was professional and always kept me informed. The recruiter even called me the night before (on a Sunday) to ensure I was comfortable with the agenda, etc. I was very impressed!!!

Interview Questions

• When do you bring your best self?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Four Winds Interactive (Denver, CO) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was selected to move on for a one day on-site interview. The HR contact I had at first seemed out of the loop and was not the best communicator in terms of setting up a day and time that worked best for me to interview.

I had my one day on-site interview in which I met with 7 members of the team. I felt positive coming out of it for next steps. About 3 weeks to almost a month went by with no response from their HR team, with me following up every week, until finally I received an email with a simple boiler plate response that I was not selected with no feedback whatsoever included. It's disheartening when you put so much effort into interviewing and the interviewer's can't even put the smallest amount of effort extended your way.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenging moment in your career and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Mar 19, 2018 – Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive prompt feedback after your interview. We do appreciate the time that you invested to come in and meet with... More

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Four Winds Interactive (Denver, CO).

Interview

The hiring process can be long with multiple contacts depending on position. Interviews typically include an aptitude test, then one-on-one conversations with key people. Technical skills are important, as are problem solving and ideation. The on-boarding process can be chaotic, but that is to be expected for a company that is growing that fast.

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Four Winds Interactive in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted very promptly for a phone interview. However, they initially tried to schedule it for a time I didn't even suggest, which I accepted but then later needed to reschedule and again had it scheduled for a time not suggested. After finally having it scheduled for the third time, we conducted the interview and I remember it being your pretty standard interview with HR. Then I completed a pointless and insulting skills/personality assessment and never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Standard describe your background, interest in position, etc.   Answer Question

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Four Winds Interactive (Denver, CO).

Interview

Mostly phone interviews with a in person interview with a Senior Director and a peer. The work environment seemed great and upbeat. Very forward thinking company. The time spent with a peer was great.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Four Winds Interactive (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Over the phone interview. Lots of question on current position duties and experience with SQL, AD, and other IT tools. The interviewer was very nice, and patient with the questions and answers.

Interview Questions

• What was my most recent experience with Certain IT Tools.   1 Answer

Oct 12, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for your feedback!

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Four Winds Interactive (Denver, CO).

Interview

First interview was a typical discussion of experience and expectations and a wonderlic test.

Second interview was a presentation of any software of my choice to demonstrate my presentation skills. An average of 4 or 5 people were present. They seemed busy as people were in and out and were texting and presumably writing emails from their phones throughout.

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Four Winds Interactive.

Interview

Process consisted of 30 min call with HR, 30 min call with the manager of the team the position would report to, and then 30 min video call with that team. All of which were about a week apart.

During this process the HR recruiter missed THREE meetings she scheduled and would give excuses like she forgot or something came up. I was told for the position they prefer to promote internally for it, but couldn't at the moment because everyone was too junior. So either there's a ton of growth there (unlikely as it was never mentioned) or they have a very high turnover rate. Past those red flags, I was offered an on-site interview which was then taken back 3 days later with the reason given of "the team is going in a different direction". This seems to indicate HR made the offer before talking with the team or was hedging bets and had someone in mind but wanted me as a backup, either of which I found extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time you had to explain something technical to someone who wasn't technical.   1 Answer

Oct 12, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Four Winds Interactive (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied via a job posting on LinkedIn. Recruiter reached out to set up a half-hour phone screen, and confirmed the time, but didn't show up to the call. I rescheduled after the fact (it appeared that she had simply forgotten that she had scheduled time to speak with me), and we ended up having the phone interview about a week later.

The interview ended up being a fairly standard initial call -- personality questions, questions about the positions and skills on my resume and about my current role and responsibilities, etc.

The feedback was very positive, and the recruiter let me know that she would be setting up time for me to come into the office to meet with the hiring manager within the next week. In the interim, she had me complete an online behavioral assessment as well as a logical reasoning test (50 questions, 15 minutes allotted time).

After finishing the two tests, I reached out to let the recruiter know that I had done the required work, and she responded favorably and again let me know that I'd be hearing from her soon to schedule an on-site interview.

That was the last email I got from her -- after I hadn't heard from her in a week, I emailed again to inquire about the process, but never heard back.

While my recruiter was pleasant (albeit disorganized) over the phone, I unfortunately have to give an overall negative rating to my experience due to her failure to show up to our initial call, her borderline incomprehensible emails (filled with contradictions, misspellings, etc.), and her lack of a response when she had promised to follow-up with me -- I didn't even get a courteous note letting me know that they had decided not to move forward with my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about our company, and what made you decide to apply to work with us?   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Four Winds Interactive (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and the in-house recruiter emailed to set up a 30 minute phone screen.

The interview was a preliminary interview and included the obligatory "Tell me about yourself", "Why do you want to work for X", "Give me an example of Y" and "What is your desired salary range" type questions. Towards the end of the call the recruiter emailed a link to take two tests: a Wonderlic and behavioral test.

Wonderlic was 30 questions in 8 minutes. Easy.
    The other was 30 statements on behaviors/preferences that you were to select the 'most applicable' response. This was more challenging because not all of the questions had answers that fell into my realm of an accurate response.

I completed these the following business day and emailed the recruiter once finished, noting I was enthusiastic to learn more about the position and company with face to face interviews.

24 hours later the recruiter emailed a "Thanks, but no thanks" note.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Why do you want to work for X
      Give me an example of Y