Fox Restaurant Concepts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fox Restaurant Concepts Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.6

Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fox Restaurant Concepts.

Interview

It was an overall average interview. Asked general questions of Why here? What do you know about the company. Do you know what a hostess does? It was a pretty simple interview not to many curveballs, and was overall a very comfortable experience. Even though I wasn't given a position, because they already hired people the previous day, it wasn't bad.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about True Food Kitchens? What stands out to you?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fox Restaurant Concepts (Leawood, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

Filled out an application in restaurant and received an interview on the spot. Asked a series of questions more regarding how you would work at the restaurant, instead of past experience Met for second time and then was offered a job.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Fox Restaurant Concepts (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with 5 individuals on 3 separate occasions, along with several "next step" phone calls in between. My first interview was a casual coffee outing/interview (with 1 interviewer). My second interview was slightly more formal but also over coffee (with 1 interviewer). My final interview was an in-office meeting with 3 peers (within the department).

Interview Questions

• "Who are your professional mentors? Why? "   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fox Restaurant Concepts (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews. One was with the General Manager and one was with the Regional Manager. They were very detailed in my interview but what i enjoyed most was they gave me advice i could take anywhere i went in this industry to better myself as a person and manager as well as being genuinely interested in my hobbies and character.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weaknesses and what have you done to better yourself over the years?   1 Answer

Hostess, Prep Cook, Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fox Restaurant Concepts (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I saw an ad on Craigslist about interviews so I decided to give it a shot. Something I'd like to note is that in the ad it did not say that experience was required even though I've had past experience. I walked in and waited to receive an application. Once I did, I sat down and filled it out. There was quite a few others filling application and only one lady doing the interviews despite another manager who was there but was just sitting around. Anyways, it finally (took a while due to rude people cutting ahead of others) gets to my turn to be interviewed and I sit and the table with the lady. She started off nice and then was constantly questioning my experience (which is typical in interviews) but while she was, she kept making rude faces about it. Her tone of voice changed to rude and unprofessional after explaining to her why I applied to work there. I feel that she didn't like me despite me having previous experience, and being one of the only few to actually dress appropriately for the interview since most were coming in in street clothes. Towards the end she talked about how this place was vastly different from other places and how I wouldn't fit in. I feel like she could've been a little more nice instead of being rude and unprofessional. It seems like they hire who they want to even if you have past experience.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lovelady, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fox Restaurant Concepts (Lovelady, TX).

Interview

The whole process was very professional and courteous.
    1st Phone interview with recruiter approx. 45 min. The recruiter was very knowledgeable warm and motivating about the opportunity. I was determined that I wanted to work with FRC and that I had a reasonable shot after our conversation.
    2nd In person interview with AD approx. 1 hour
    3rd Stag follow shift in one of the restaurants during service.
    4th Review with a GM and AD post follow shift.
    5th Offered position

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Fox Restaurant Concepts (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

A 4-step interview process which took six weeks went into more detail than I had expected for this position. It began with a phone interview, which lasted about an hour, followed by a two-hour in-person interview. That was followed by another in-person interview with the Director of Operations. Finally, a working interview and one hour sit-down was scheduled over this time period.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through how you analyze a P&L statement.   1 Answer

Diishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fox Restaurant Concepts (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very quick. I applied to the restaurant in person. They had me fill out an application then they brought out a manager to speak with me. They asked me to 'stage' for an hour to get a feel for the position. I washed dishes for an hour for free, then they asked me to come back the next day to complete a 2 hour orientation and paperwork session.

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fox Restaurant Concepts (Annapolis, MD).

Interview

I was greeted by the executive chef as soon as I entered the restaurant. He lead me to the dining area to sit for my interview. Mr. Brown by saying he was glad I made it he had reviewed my resume and was impressed and was interested in hiring me. He wanted to know what my goal was working for the company and I responded to make great food to learn all I can I've always had a passion for cooking and food and my goal is to become the best at my craft and I want to make this restaurant the same. I continued to tell him I knew of the restaurant's reputation and passion for food and I wanted to be apart of that to take the restaurant and myself to the next level.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fox Restaurant Concepts (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Process was longer, (about 3 weeks, start to finish) but they invest a lot in their people & make sure they're getting the right ones, so this is not only understandable, but probably smart.

Interview Questions

Fox Restaurant Concepts Response

Aug 18, 2016 – Director of Staffing

We do interview and train hard so that life is smooth sailing in the long run! We appreciate that you are with us! And we love your feedback!