Fremont USD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fremont USD Interview Questions

Interviews at Fremont USD

2.6

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fremont USD.

Interview

There was only 1 interview date, you cannot change the date in case you're busy.

I was led into a meeting room with 5 technical people who were reading questions from the same paper I was given when I went in. Why didn't they just ask 1 person to ask all the questions if they were reading it from the same paper?

I was told that the 5 people did not read your resume. So basically whats the point of submitting a resume in the first place?

Let me tell you how to decently interview a person
    Read their resume and then ask some questions. If you get a lot of applications, split up the interview process between the 5 of you. If you have technical questions, go for it. The people submitted their application to apply for the job, the least you can do is read his application.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions. Some a little vague like who asks a question with serial codes with no other data?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fremont USD (Fremont, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Very similar to all interviews within education. There is a panel of 3-5 people, including hiring principals who need teachers at their site. There is a standard set of questions to reduce any bias. You are not allowed to prepare very long, and the questions are in verbal format.

Teacher Interview

Interview

Meeting with principal to discuss your qualifications. In an interview, be prepared to give an example of a lesson plan, discuss classroom-appropriate behavior, or explain how you would exercise disciplinary action in an uncooperative situation.

Substitute Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fremont USD (Fremont, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Met with the head of HR, very nice. Asked basic teaching experience questions, classroom management, etc. After a few minutes was introduced to the HR rep who handles substitute teachers. She reviewed my paperwork on edjoin and printed it out.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the teacher did not leave a lesson plan?   1 Answer
    • What would you do with a student who is being disruptive?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fremont USD (Fremont, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They called after 1 month. Interview was short. Asked about experience working in school setting, subject matter. What college did I attended. Do I like working with kids. College diploma. Volunteer job.

Interview Questions

• How many years of teaching experience?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fremont USD (Fremont, CA).

Interview

You should submit your bachelor degree certificate and CBEST certificate ,30 days teacher permit and reference and they will call you for interview and you have to give a TB test result taken in past 60 days and there will be a finger printing

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a substitute teacher ?   1 Answer

Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Fremont USD (Fremont, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Test to see where you rank amongst other applicants then when openings arise they start at the top of the list and work there way thru the applicants. Text is given out once a year and you will need to check the website for datesad they do not really tell people when it's going to be.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies? What would you do when you arrive to the worksite and cannot find anyone and there is an emergency!   Answer Question

Office Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fremont USD.

Interview

I came in for a pre employment exam. I arrived 15 minutes late to find 8 or so other people applying for the same type of position. They told us 3 different kinds were available.

It was a Maths/Language/Grammar test on a laptop. Which included percentages, chart reading and MS Excel Icons.

About halfway through the test all of the laptops started freezing up and malfunctioning. Page not displayed. Those sorts of things. The staff was friendly enough and informational otherwise. They informed us they would print out a Scantron version of the same exact test and that we could use our answers from the computer if it doesn't freeze up. By that time we had all lost about 20 minutes on our timed test but the paper test allowed us to reset the timer.

Several people had issues with staying for longer than originally planned since it was a work day.

Passing was a 75. I got a 74. Was notified within 24 hours.

School Site Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fremont USD (Fremont, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Typical.

Negotiation

N/A

Mobile Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Fremont USD (Fremont, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Hiring done based upon simple tests consisting of the following: (1) various nuts, bolts, screws and hand tools that you would see at your local Ace Hardware. (2) replace a fluorescent lamp ballast (3) weld two pieces of metal together with a wire-fed welder (4) thread a piece of pipe with a pipe threader. If you know someone who already works there you can get the answers to the test before you take it and if the head of maintenance likes you, you can fail the test miserably and still get the job. Military vets get additional points. Tell them what they want to hear and be careful what you say to whom because nepotism runs very deep at FUSD.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Government - no negotiation