FrontRange Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FrontRange Solutions Interview Questions

2.8

Service Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FrontRange Solutions in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen. Was told I would be contacted by the hiring manager and that I was being moved to the 2nd round. Very pleasant and professional phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Background, projects, etc. What do I know about FrontRange.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FrontRange Solutions.

Interview

Interview process is painless. They are really desperate for anyone to work at FRS. They asked more about my experience in the space. I met with all the VP's, finance, etc.

Negotiation

I negotiated and received an extra month of draw.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at FrontRange Solutions.

Interview

Short and direct.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short and to the point.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Steamboat Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FrontRange Solutions (Steamboat Springs, CO) in April 2013.

Interview

I was referred by an internal employee. I went through an HR phone screening first. After that, I was interviewed by the hiring manager and a team member. Following that interview, because of the level of the position, I was also interviewed by phone by the CEO. The CEO interview took the entire hour and was pretty intense. It was apparent the CEO wanted to ensure I met the talent he was looking for. I chose to answer honestly. One of the skills they were looking for I didn't have -- but I did let them know that I was remiss in that skill set but believed I could learn it. My skills in the other areas were spot on and at the end of the day, they were enough to win me the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked for real-world examples, like "How did you address [insert situation here] in a previous position   1 Answer

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FrontRange Solutions (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Writer, Manager, and technical expert conducted 1/1 interviews. Three half-hour sessions, with each asking different range of questions. Most questions involved information gathering, problem solving. Two of the three interviewers were conversational. The technical reviewer appeared uncomfortable with the process.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FrontRange Solutions (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview itself was rather painless although I was grilled by some very bright people that work here. It is a fun environment to work in and being in the company of some very smart people makes coming in to work every day interesting and fulfilling.

I was interviewed separately for the most part with the exception of a group/panel interview of sorts where I was briefly interviewed by the hiring manager and one of my to-be peers. The interviewers were equally interested in my technical knowledge as they were interested in knowing how I had used it to solve difficult problems in past jobs.

Towards the tail end of the interview, the hiring manager went into an overview of the system I was going to work on, presented some challenges they were facing and asked me questions on how they were going to solve it. I took it as a test of measuring how well could I think on my feet, and a real-live demonstration of applying my skills and knowledge to problems they were facing at that moment. I think that portion of the interview sealed my candidacy for the position for the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to look at some code and tell what the intent was.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and the hiring manager met my asking salary. I didn't go into benefits too much other than how much was paid for by the employer and how much was I expected to pay out-of-pocket.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FrontRange Solutions in June 2011.

Interview

Long-winded and at times inconsistent. Main interviewer couldn't stay put for a 30 minute presentation. Long time periods between initial meeting and follow ups, then everything done at the last minute. Unsatisfactory two way process to allow interviewee to do due diligence. Decent opportunity to meet members of the team to assess wider company culture.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FrontRange Solutions in April 2011.

Interview

I found them through an online job posting. HR contacted me for an interview via e-mail in six days. The interview was set for two days after we corresponded. I had a 35 min mostly technical interview. The dificulty of the questions the interviewer asked was reasonable and they were meant to get an all around picture of me and my skills. They asked me about previous projects, jobs, specific programming language specifics, data structures and possible improvements to compilers and interpreters.