Frontage Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Frontage Laboratories

2.5

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Frontage Laboratories (Exton, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

the hiring process is responsive however the interviewing and candidate selecting process is not very good.

I was asked political questions as in how does your home (middle eastern country) think about America.

Since I am not the typical White caucasian, they assumed I needed visa sponsorship.

All the interviewers did not know how to lead the interview or hold a sensible conversation instead I had to encourage them to ask me questions.

Interviewers were discreetly interested in having me work 50+ hours a week while paying my 10K less than their Chinese employees for the same position (84% of the company is made up of Chinese who are on sponsored visas.) They have to pay the sponsored Chinese employees an industry competitive salary since they are sponsoring the employee and they must submit this information to the federal government for approval. In order to continue their cost-cutting agenda, they pay citizens or resident aliens less than their Chinese sponsored counter parts for the same position as a way to balance their unbalanced books.

By the way I discussed if there was any tuition assistance, I was told yes by the scientists and no by the HR. Further, you don't get paid overtime or time and a half even if you are working 70 hours a week like they want you to.

Besides that, Frontage is a great company to grow in and learn about the Chinese culture.

Interview Questions

• all technical questions
      Ex: do you know how to use HPLC and have you ran it before   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

Good and detailed process. The questions were thorough and thought provoking. Also, met with everyone involved. Everyone involved were well prepared. More companies should take the time to go through the interview process as this one does.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Frontage Laboratories.

Interview

I applied on line. Got a phone call a couple days later. While speaking with the person, who I thought was HR told me mid way that she was the hiring manager. We had a nice conversation. A couple days later I got an email from HR setting up an in person interview with an itinerary with several people. I was coming from out of town so I booked a hotel and took a vacation day to attend the interview. Less than 24 hours before I was to interview I got an email saying the interview was canceled and wished me well on my future endeavors. My hotel was non refundable.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Frontage Laboratories (Exton, PA) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process with Frontage was awesome. The entire interview is conveniently schedule in one day, 4 separate meetings with Managers, and then the applicant waits for an offer. I appreciate this interview process because of the proper time management.

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Frontage Laboratories.

Interview

After a phone interview, they asked me to do an onsite interview which lasted around 2 hours. People from HR and the department that I was applying for interviewed me. No more than 2 people per interview section.

Scientist Interview

Interview

CEO will act like your best friend, even on occasion take you and your spouse to dinner to entice you to join the company. He will obtain your contact and leads and then fire you.

Negotiation

Horrible......I have resigned.

Scientist Interview

Interview

First telephone interview, mainly asking about skills, a little of behavior questions;
    then onsite interview (HR, management, 1:1 or 1:group). HR introduced the company and employee benefits, management asked about your experience.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Frontage Laboratories (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

It's a pretty standard phone interview, ask about background, STAR questions.
    The on-site interview is more informative, they have all group leaders talking to you and VP as well. Again, asking about your research and then give a presentation.

Interview Questions

• The are very interested in your timeline of start date.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Frontage Laboratories (Malvern, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Referral from a classmate, no much actual interview. a lab tour and interview with some of higher technical team and a lot of management. People seem to have no time to talk to me. They want to get out and get to work right away. More questions about technical issue than behavior questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Frontage Laboratories (Secaucus, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

It was very informal. Just went to different department heads and spoke with each one of them for about 10-15 minutes each. Some had questions for me and some didn't at all and didn't have anything to talk about.