Frontage Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Frontage Laboratories

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Frontage Laboratories (Exton, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was average. Some basic technical questions were asked. There were 3 rounds with different people. One round was a one on one with a member of upper management.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

The pay was too low and they offered a lower position than what I applied for. It seemed unprofessional and they were unwilling to negotiate.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Frontage Laboratories (Exton, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

the hiring process is responsive however the interviewing and candidate selecting process is not very good.

I was asked political questions as in how does your home (middle eastern country) think about America.

Since I am not the typical White caucasian, they assumed I needed visa sponsorship.

All the interviewers did not know how to lead the interview or hold a sensible conversation instead I had to encourage them to ask me questions.

Interviewers were discreetly interested in having me work 50+ hours a week while paying my 10K less than their Chinese employees for the same position (84% of the company is made up of Chinese who are on sponsored visas.) They have to pay the sponsored Chinese employees an industry competitive salary since they are sponsoring the employee and they must submit this information to the federal government for approval. In order to continue their cost-cutting agenda, they pay citizens or resident aliens less than their Chinese sponsored counter parts for the same position as a way to balance their unbalanced books.

By the way I discussed if there was any tuition assistance, I was told yes by the scientists and no by the HR. Further, you don't get paid overtime or time and a half even if you are working 70 hours a week like they want you to.

Besides that, Frontage is a great company to grow in and learn about the Chinese culture.

Interview Questions

• all technical questions
      Ex: do you know how to use HPLC and have you ran it before
      Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Frontage Laboratories (New Orleans, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. The man was very very nice, and encouraged me to be confident in myself. Asked about my background, when I can start to work, why I choose to relocate, if I have had interviewed in the northeast before. And said what he can do for me. Stuff like that

Scientist Interview

Interview

CEO will act like your best friend, even on occasion take you and your spouse to dinner to entice you to join the company. He will obtain your contact and leads and then fire you.

Negotiation

Horrible......I have resigned.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Frontage Laboratories (Malvern, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Referral from a classmate, no much actual interview. a lab tour and interview with some of higher technical team and a lot of management. People seem to have no time to talk to me. They want to get out and get to work right away. More questions about technical issue than behavior questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Frontage Laboratories.

Interview

Phone all careening, then on site interview with two directors , one vp. It is done.

Presentation on site to demonstrate experiences and qualifiications with their Sr.. Chemists and directors, vp. Then a tour of the labs and instruments.

Salary range discussion, business card collecting.

Interview Questions

• How many projects are carried on simonetiously ?

How soon one method development and validation can be done?
      Answer Question