Frontier Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Frontier Software Interview Questions

1.2

Cobol Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Frontier Software (Guildford, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Arranged through external recruitment company. This was all good. Interviewed by one person only which I didn't think was appropriate or professional . He admitted he was no good at interviews, a bad start, this made me question the professional ability of the company.He'd also only ever worked for this one company, not much experience all round. He then proceeded to talk and talk and talk...so boring. He asked me nothing about my experiences just went on about the company. I had to then do a technical test, not particularly difficult but didn't reflect my extensive experience. After this more talking by the interviewer. After two hours I was so bored I couldn't wait to escape. He finally asked if I had any questions, not likely, I didn't want him to get another chance to talk endlessly about nothing, so I said no grabbed my coat and ran away...needless to say I didn't get the job being told I didn't ask any questions...my was that a lucky escape....what a complete waste of time. I'm sure if the MD knew how bad this guy was at trying to sell his company he might have better luck recruiting staff.

Interview Questions

• None other than a request to rattle through my work experience which was on my CV.   1 Answer

Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Frontier Software (North Sydney (Australia)) in June 2015.

Interview

What Process? Brief Interview with two managers from Nth Sydney office. Followed up by a coffee meet n great with another consultant sealed the deal.

At no stage are you aware of what the remuneration is as they never post this on seek etc. What happens is you advise your salary expectations and when the offer comes they offer you 5-10K under your expectations, not a nice way to commence employment with a sour taste in your mouth. It is no wonder this organisation hasn't received positive reviews.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult - they will tell you its a family run company and they are all a family.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Frontier Software (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2013.

Interview

Responded to direct ad placed on Internet Job Board. Had phone call, went for interview a week later. Interview was very relaxed and casual. Should have paid more attention to their answers as didn't quite work out as expected.

Interview was with with Manager and Team leader and they did not have a questionnaire from HR and so like many interviews I think I was hired because they liked me as an individual and could work with me. Not really good enough for a company that produces payroll and HR software,

Interview Questions

• This is the truth...
      "You're obviously getting on in years, are you planning to retire soon?"
      I am 55 so I said not for another 10 years. I was actually gobsmacked as I had never before been asked about my age. In Australia it is illegal to ask an employee's age as the Government has deemed that this just encourages discrimination on an age basis.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Well there was no room for negotiation in salary just a re-iteration of the company benefits

Marketing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burntwood, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Frontier Software (Burntwood, England (UK)) in November 2009.

Interview

Through a local recruitment agency. Interview was detailed and planned. Interviewed by line manager. Was introduced to people I may be working with.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to take a lower skilled job   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very good