Funding Circle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Funding Circle

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Funding Circle (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Pretty chill interview more in the form of conversation. During on-site it is more of a test of daily experience of a software engineer rather than a typical algorithms interview.

Interview Questions

Funding Circle Response

Nov 18, 2019 – Head of Global Tech Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to review our hiring process. We are really pleased that you have joined our Engineering family here at FC and had a stress free experience!

Congrats on the new FC Career!

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Interview

Very smooth process. I had a phone interview, then a scheduled on-site the same week. The interview was very conversational. The interview questions weren't tricky at all, but they will probe you. It's best for you to really know what you'd be getting out of the role and what you have to offer. Make sure you're also prepared to go over your resume and previous work experiences.

Interview Questions

Funding Circle Response

Nov 13, 2019 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review - we're glad you had a positive experience and recognise that we pride ourselves in giving you a great experience of our organisation. We wish you all the best in your career.

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

I interviewed at Funding Circle (Richmond, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

The recruiter is not professional and asked questions with bad assumptions. Lack of common respect. Cut off conversation several times and seems didn’t want to know the interviewee. In all, it’s not a god experience.

Interview Questions

Funding Circle Response

Dec 16, 2019 – Head of Global Tech Recruitment

We are very sorry you did not get the interview experience we strive to give to all of our candidates. We take your feedback onboard and will continue to improve each stage of the hiring process.

If you want to share more information directly with me please feel free to email me on jat.bansal@fundingcircle.com

Capital Markets Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle.

Interview

Regular behaviroal based questions. Video Interview was having issues on boths side, the hiring manager could not connect to video, after 15 mins the video started to work but she could not hear me.I tested the sound in my own systems and in skype to make sure the video and sound were working and it was, but when I logged into funding circle's software it did not work. After a few minutes and messing with the setting, I got the sound to work. I felt like it really set the interview to a bad start, there were not instructions on how to get the sound to work and I had to figure it out on my own after the interview already started. The hiring manager seemed stressed from the whole situation and took it out on me, I could tell she was not interested before I even got the chance to speak. Most companies do a phone screen for the second interview then an in-person or video for the final interview, but it's clear that Funding Circle cares highly about apperancae. I also felt that the hiring manger was judging my apperance, I do not think she wanted a dark skin person on her team even though I was very well put together. This type of discrimination you can really feel by the way they talk to you.

Interview Questions

Funding Circle Response

Sep 30, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughts on your interview experience. As a company, we strive to give each candidate consistent and good interview experiences. Hearing of your experience is something we take very seriously and I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and our standards. We will continue to take comments like this to heart and make sure experiences like yours do not come up in the future.

If you wish to speak more or would like to provide us with further feedback, please feel free to email me directly - devin.schroeder@fundingcircle.com.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Funding Circle.

Interview

The interview process involved a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by a video interview with the team lead. I then went into the office and met with five individuals, two directly related to the role, one closely related, one cross-functional, as well as the recruiter.

Follow-ups were courteous, concise, and regular throughout the process. The timeline and process were clearly laid out from the very beginning and closely adhered to.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were predominantly about my experiences and how they related to and could be applied to the opportunity.   Answer Question

Aug 27, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. If there are any areas we could improve on, please let our TA team know, we are consistently looking at ways of leveraging the candidate experience. I wish you every success in your career at Funding Circle.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

45 minutes call, 1hr 30 min interview 4 days background check - They went through my CV with me and asked questions based on my past experiences.
    1.Screening Interview/Phone Interview
    2. in-person job interview
    3. call/job offer
    4. background check

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little about yourself?
      How did you hear about the position?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle.

Interview

hr phone screen, and then an online math quiz, then video interview, very simple questions.
    Hr is very nice. I think I have a hard time to understand the question in the video interview.

Interview Questions

Funding Circle Response

Jun 17, 2019 – Head of Global Tech Recruitment

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we are glad you found our team to be nice. We wish you the best in your searches!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle.

Interview

After applying I received an e-mail to schedule a phone screening. I filled out my availability and was scheduled a time. Then another e-mail was sent scheduling me for the same opening but at a different time. I e-mailed the recruiter asking if I had been rescheduled and received no response. In order to be safe I prepared for the initial time and of course received no phone call. After that, I waited for the second scheduled time and got a phone call and was told to do a programming challenge.

In the initial programming challenge e-mail I received no instructions. So I e-mailed the recruiter that I received the e-mail but the instructions were missing. I got no response... Fortunately I had the phone number from my screening and texted the recruiter and finally got the actual instructions. So far we are 0 for 3 in e-mail responses. So I proceed and put together a well documented solution to the coding challenge which met all the criteria and more and uploaded it to github. I then emailed the link to the recruiter of the github repo and ask for a confirmation that the party received my e-mail. No response again...

It has been over a month and I don't even know whether my e-mailed solution was received or just simply declined. The lack of communication is actually very insulting and NONE of my e-mails were responded to.

Interview Questions

Funding Circle Response

May 8, 2019 – Head of Global Tech Recruitment

Thank you taking the time to write a review. It is clear we have failed to give you the very best experience we strive to give all candidates during our interview process.

I would welcome you to please email me directly some further information so I can ensure this is prevented from happening in future.

Feel free to reach me on jatinder.bansal@fundingcircle.com

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Funding Circle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Screening call and a couple online tests. Then phone call with the hiring manager and then an on-site interview with 4-5 people. Was told I was going to hear back the next week but was ghosted - never heard back. Was told it was going to be 2 weeks but have actually not heard anything. I'm assuming it's a no but at this point, I wouldn't accept it if they offered.

Interview Questions

Funding Circle Response

Apr 29, 2019 – Head of Global Tech Recruitment

Your experience is very important to us and we have failed to give you the very best experience possible. We will continue to improve our Interview and feedback turn around time to do better by our candidates.

If you have not had feedback as yet please feel free to email me directly on jatinder.bansal@fundingcircle.com and I will look in to it for you.

All the best on your searches!

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Funding Circle.

Interview

Call with a very bland recruiter - doesn't have any knowledge of the role, he just asks if you have any 'feather in the cap' moments to share. So you tell him about one project. Then he asks if you have any more stories. So you tell him another one. Then he asks if you have any more stories... So you tell him another one. This process repeats until you have had enough. So you ask if there is anything in particular and he says no, but if you would like to share more stories you can. Next is an online math assessment followed by a case study and video interview.

Interview Questions

Funding Circle Response

Mar 25, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am sorry to hear that you felt the first call with us was not positive. Our talent team work hard to ensure we give a good experience and assess skills for a specific role.

We will take your feedback onboard and it helps us know where and what to improve. I cannot comment on your particular situation as this is anonymous, but if you would like to email me then I can investigate this further kim.jones@fundingcircle.com.

AML Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Funding Circle.

Interview

Two interviews were conducted, extremely professional group. Asked the right questions and always gave feedback. HR screening was wonderful and then I interviewed with the hiring manager over the phone after HR referral. They asked some background related questions and if I had experience related to the job.

Interview Questions

Funding Circle Response

Apr 29, 2019 – Funding Circle

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review and for your interest in Funding Circle. I am pleased to hear your experience was a good one and we wish you all the very best in your search.