Fusion BPO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fusion BPO Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Fusion BPO (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter to first review my resume. I was informed that a background check would be completed if I were hired and to do that would requite two pieces of id and a sin card or government issued document indicating my name with my social insurance number. I was sent an email with all the information pertaining to the interview itself. The instructions were very helpful seeing as I had never been to this part of Montreal before. When I got to the 8th floor there were glass doors with nothing indicated, however, in the lobby it stated that Fusion BPO Services was on the 8th floor. When I asked the receptionist why there was no indication of Fusion BPO Services on this floor she informed me that they used to be a company called Phocus Solutions and they had been acquired by Fusion BPO Services in 2013. She further stated that there was no indication of Fusion BPO Services anywhere because they are currently in the process of moving down to the 3rd floor, where they will be combining both the 8th floor and 10th floor together seeing as they have call centers on both. I was asked to sign a form and make sure that my name, email address and phone number were correct. I was then instructed to sit down in the reception area while I wait for the manager to come and interview me as well as the others there for the interview.

We were then greeted by the manager and brought into a large conference room and asked to take a seat. The manager asked us to introduce ourselves and say something about ourselves that he could not find on our resume. He then asked us questions to test our customer service skills such as what we would do with a difficult customer, how we would respond to a customer threatening us, etc. After the interview portion we were provided a 'quiz' if you will to test our technical support skills. The questions mostly consisted of 'basic' knowledge any tech savvy person would have, such as how to obtain an IP address, etc.

The manager then met with each one of us one on one to get to know us a little better and ask more personal type of questions such as why I left my last job, if I left on good terms, what my employer would tell him if he called them etc. He then walked me out and informed me that I should receive a call in two days or so.

The manager was very direct and did not beat around the bush but overall he was very professional and respectful.

I received the call a day and a half later indicating that I was being retained for the technical support position and that the training would be starting the following week. I was reminded about the two pieces of id and the sin card or form. I was informed that I could also bring a void check if I wanted direct payment otherwise I would be issued a check on pay day.

I was then sent an email confirmation for the training with all the information I would need as well as the manager's direct extension in case I had any questions.

The training was a 1 week paid training and was very helpful and informative. I felt ready when I hit the floor even though I went into the training a little nervous.

Overall I found the administration and managers very supportive and friendly. I would give the overall interview an 8.5 on 10, it was probably one of the most professional interviews I have been to.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you handle an aggressive customer? 2. How would you handle a call if the customer is threatening you? 3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 4. Why did you leave your last job? 5. Did you leave on good terms?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. There were other candidates there with more experience than me and they were unable to negotiate the salary.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fusion BPO (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted over phone after my resume was reviewed and scheduled for an interview. The next day i had to be at their office with a bunch of other candidates who were selected for the group interview, post that we had a small discussion and alter an written test.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fusion BPO (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

A friend posted on Facebook that their employer was hiring so I sent them my resume. I received a phone call from Fusion BPO recruitment about a week later inviting me to a group interview. I then received a confirmation email with detailed directions ("turn left when you exit the elevator"). As instructed, I arrived at the office for the interview 15 minutes early and presented myself to the receptionist, who told me to have a seat without asking my name.

The office appeared to be rented or borrowed space as the company name on the glass door was Phocus Solutions and overall the office appeared transitional (no branding, brochures, or any visible sign of Fusion BPO). While sitting in the waiting area I realized that "group interview" meant they were interviewing 7 candidates at the same time, not a panel interview as I expected.

Candidates arrived one by one and joined the group waiting awkwardly in silence. We were asked to find our name on a list and sign to confirm attendance. Finally we were placed in a conference room and asked to choose a seat. The interviewer introduced himself and asked us to go around the table and introduce ourselves. We were asked to reveal something about ourselves not listed on our resumes (hobbies, interests, musical instruments, etc).

The interviewer had copies of our resumes and put them in order based on our seating and made written notes on them then randomly selected candidates and asked some typical interview questions ("How would you deal with an abusive customer?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?")

The interviewer then described the company and showed us some photos of the call centre. Candidates asked some typical interview questions (supervisor/management support, opportunity for advancement in the company, etc). A second interviewer joined us and we were asked to introduce ourselves again, followed by another round of interview questions slightly more personalized and pertaining to our resumes.

Finally we were given a written test, containing 4 pages of common support questions, and told that a score of 80% was required to pass. The interviewers left the room as candidates completed their tests... candidates handed in their tests and were told they would be contacted in a couple of days.

The group interview was approximately 2 hours.

I received a call two days later from recruitment informing me I had been selected. They told me to come to the office again and ask for the recruitment officer with two pieces of ID and to sign some documents. When I arrived, the receptionist asked me "what campaign" so I responded I was hired for Technical Support. While waiting for the recruitment officer, two other candidates from the group arrived, including one that was falling asleep during the interview who says to me "I think they hired the entire group".

The recruitment officer coldly asked for our names, ID, and a blank cheque. None of the three candidates had been instructed to bring a cheque. They took our ID to make photocopies and returned with some documents: the Employee Handbook (dated September 2014), a confidentiality agreement, and a background check which states "You have applied for a position with Phocus Solutions..." and when I asked the recruitment representative for information about Phocus Solutions I was rudely told that I should already know and that I should "Google it".

As I did not sign a formal job contract, and none of the documents I received stated a starting date or salary, or even a written job description, so I sent an email to recruitment asking what the next step in the process was. They had "promised to call by mid week" and being Wednesday, training would begin the following Monday.

At this point, I have an outdated Employee Handbook and no written confirmation of a job offer.

Phocus was recently acquired by Fusion BPO (in 2013) which somewhat explains the lack of branding and discrepancies in their documentation. However, consistent branding (including email addresses) is absolutely essential for establishing trust.

The day after receiving the date/info about training, I sent an email to the hiring manager/recruitment telling them I was accepting a better offer. I did not receive a reply.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Tier III Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fusion BPO (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with quiz, Then in-person group interview with quiz, then second interview with the emloyers who were contracting the services of FusionBPO/Phocus Solutions. (when I went to sign paperwork, it was all for some company I'd never heard of before, all my information was being used by "Phocus Solutions" when I thought I was applying for a job at "Fusion BPO". Turn out they changed their name or got bought out over 2 years earlier, and still had not changed their hiring paperwork. Very amateurish.)

Group interview, then an incredibly basic quiz to make sure you know a few things about computers.

Being able to speak English properly was not a requirement, nor knowing your way around the inner workings of an operating system.

Overall, it was an assembly-line interview process, they needed to fill 80 positions within a matter of months, so any standards that might have existed near the beginning of the hiring process rapidly evaporated. It turned into a rubber-stamp factory.

The annoying part was that I had to come back 3 times for another subsequent interview and another to fill in paperwork. The whole process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the solution to a problem that you didn't know?   1 Answer

Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fusion BPO (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a 2 day interview process. On day 1 it was a technical round and communication. and on final day it was an interaction with the client.
    The technical round includes an hour test including questions on networking and troubleshooting
    The final round was to check how interested I am for this job.

Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fusion BPO (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interview
    -telephonic: received a call from the recruiter asking basic technical question
    -GD and technical : 1 hour written technical test with GD to check comm skills
    -HR/Client : final round

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fusion BPO (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

very easy interview, they will mainly test the language ability and aptitudes to make sales.
    interview is mainly verbal and a written section will be there also asking about your response in different situations, no difficulties at all.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fusion BPO (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

it wasn't difficult , and they were clear in their questions and kind, I was a bit nervous but after talking with them I felt is a good place to work

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself and your experience, and why you want to work here, and you can work part time or full time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

good, they told me they call me, and after 2 days they called me and I went there to work
     i started full time but they I changed to part time

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasig City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fusion BPO (Pasig City (Philippines)) in September 2013.

Interview

No exam. you just need to submit your resume, go with the HR interview and the SUP or Manager's Interview

Interview Questions

• NONE. questions are based on the information on your resume   Answer Question

Telephone Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasig City (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fusion BPO (Pasig City (Philippines)) in July 2012.

Interview

Exam regarding English proficiency and psychological skills. After is initial interview with the HR and final interview with the Operations Manager.

Interview Questions

• Choose one object and then do you best to sell that product.   1 Answer