Fusion Systems Japan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Fusion Systems Japan Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2018

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Bangor, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fusion Systems Japan (Bangor, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I did a Skype interview with the company's Chief Software Engineer, then their was a follow up interview with a company executive, with the executive, I was asked to do a coding challenge to write code that could calculate which numbers out of 100 could be calculated to return a specific result.

Interview Questions

• How long I have been programming and what programming languages did i know   1 Answer

IT Helpdesk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fusion Systems Japan.

Interview

Interviewer forgot she scheduled an appointment; was out-of-the-office when I came in at the scheduled time.

My advise: stay away from this company. If they don't value you during an interview, the surely won't value you as an employee.

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fusion Systems Japan (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

If you will join the Software Solutions (SS) team, you will always get the same two questions. You will also get asked basic questions like what kind of programming experience you have, why you want to work at this company etc.

Interview Questions

• Make a program which can calculate all prime numbers under a certain number.   Answer Question
    • How would you design a modular code, in which you had to add animals and their properties? Say you had to store in a database certain animals, like a dog, a cat and an elephant. How would you do this knowing that you have to edit/add properties of these animals and new animals later? For example, when you want to add how many feet they have without rewriting the whole code? And what about a certain set of actions they can perform?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fusion Systems Japan.

Interview

Be prepared to deal with unorganised people. Nobody came to our first skype interview and for the second one, they "were not able to find me on skype" (although I gave them my skype id and the email address associated to my account). After I added them as a contact I send them new dates to reschedule and didn't hear about them anymore.
    Waste of time and energy for me.

Swift Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fusion Systems Japan (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process is great,

I kind of don't understand the point,
    but the interview need to be little bit more precise to describe what its like working in the actual project.

Other than that is great.
    Clear task and explanation.

Interview Questions

• How do you setup security through bluetooth communication   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fusion Systems Japan (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

Started off being asked about background and projects I have worked on. Then has a 1hr-1hr30min technical interview. Was asked about computer science type stuff, like binary search trees, sorting algorithms, hashing etc. Also asked about big o of each of the data structures and algorithms

Interview Questions

• Difference between a clustered and non-clustered index in a database.   Answer Question

Interview

Tech criteria (skills and experience)
    Manager is a super confident and able Senior Engineer, articulate with the details, his experiences and is capable of great depth when talking of all manner of technology. He gave terrific account of methodologies: approach, design and implementation form things as varied as setting up 17km distant dedicated networks, to (building) buildings, power and dealing with government organizations. He is a devoted problem solver. He has deep and fluent understanding of process control/management. He is ITLS savvy. He lectures on many of topics of his expertise! He listened well, answered questions well and was able to construct open-ended responses on the fly. His certifications speak for themselves but more than that, his narrative on how he puts it all to use is insightful, inspiring and a pleasure to listen to. He is a technical ace.
    Maturity (character and communication skills)
    Sincere, eager and experienced, he has had a colorful career. He is confident, open, super, super personable and friendly. He gave many accounts of how he applied his savvy from past experience. He is strongly bilingual and clearly very driven. He is nearer the top end of Senior Consultant. He totally “gets” the big picture, his company’s needs, the service challenges, the growth opportunities. He has managed large and highly complicated and (way!) out of the box situations, projects, problems and people.
    Job specific savvy (Client facing skills)
    He is a capable, dependable sort and I could see the team feed off a personalized (FS) training course and utilizing his teaching skills. Business Development and strategic consulting are a domain he could well help us cultivate too. A please to talk with.

Account Executive/Project Manager Interview

Interview

At first, I had interview with a Partner who didnt much about their competitors. He asked me a few technical questions, very simple ones.
    The second interview was with their R&D head. It was quite simple and I wasnt impress by the guy. He was also selling me some possible positions which I could take. So, already made me believe that I will be in.
    He mentioned that the HR will contact me the following week which didnt happen. After I discussed with their partner about salary, package, I was too high for them even though my expectation is within the market.

They have a great products, but expensive and stale business. Not good business model.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Fusion Systems Japan (Tokyo (Japan)) in August 2009.

Interview

Met with multiple managers. Met with CEO. 90% of the interviews were not interviews. Instead of questions, I was forced to listen to manager's describing their greatness. There is no rhyme or reason to what happens in an interview. Some get technical interviews. Just depends of who the interviewer is.

Interview Questions

• What are the stages of developing a project?   1 Answer
    • What advantage do you bring to FSJ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't listen to the "prove yourself and then we'll pay you more" nonsense. Don't listen to how "tight" things are nonsense. Given the number of employees who have left recently, the company can afford to pay you...but they won't.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fusion Systems Japan (Tokyo (Japan)) in July 2009.

Interview

I was referred by another employee. After hearing the partner go on for hours about how great the company is, and how stupid I would be not to take the job, I told him I would think about about it and let him know later. He totally low balled me on my salary and offered a figure comparable to what I was receiving at my first IT job 10 years earlier, to which I whole heatedly decline.

He then tried to humiliate me by repeatedly asking my why I though I was worth so much, to which I kept answering that it was my current market value for a person with my skill set.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions other than, "when can you start"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I contacted that partner later to decline the offer stating that the salary was much too low. Afterwards, he left several messages and emailed me several times asking what's the "minimum" I would take to accept the position. I gave him a figure that was significantly less than what I was paid at my previous job, but said that he would pad it with an annual bonus that brought it up to about what I was making previously. Additionally, he made false promises of a leadership role at a "successful client site" which really turned out to be a hornet's nest of relationship issues with the client and Fusion Systems.

I eventually accepted the position only to learn that we were obligated to pay our own transportation expenses which is extremely unusual for a company in Japan. Furthermore. the annual bonus that was promised to me was paid only for the first year, and so my second year income was significantly less. When I confronted the partner about this, he categorically denied any mention of a bonus payment beyond the first year, but then made up some story about how the CEO was upset that he had made such a promise, and not having enough income to cover it even if he wanted to.

If you are really desperate for an IT job and have very little skills, Fusion will hire you. Just note that you will be paid a salary that you can barely live on. All you have to do is just agree to whatever the partners sling at you.