G Adventures Interview Questions | Glassdoor

G Adventures Interview Questions

2.6

Chief Experience Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at G Adventures (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The people who interview are really nice and easy to talk to. It is not intimidating at all.The questions were not easy but if you are experienced in customer service and have a great personality you will be fine.

Marketing and Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at G Adventures (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

You submit an online application and you are then contacted by "HR" if they like what they see. At some point early on during the process I had a phone chat with "HR" where they were open and honest with me about the salary expectations I had put in my application. The next step is to do an online interview where they have pre-recorded questions and you have a set amount of time to record your own answer. You only have one chance to answer. Once you submit that, the next step would be to go in for an in-person interview, and the final step (which I didn't personally experience) is a casual and fun experience between you and a few people at G. I heard they ask you random and silly questions and they look for the most creative answer. At this point you are essentially hired, and G just really wants to get to know you and your personality. The interview process can take months, but that's why they have a low turn-over rate. My suggestion: read as much as you can about the company (even order their brochures) and you should do great - let your personality really shine through during the whole process!

Travel Guide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G Adventures.

Interview

A few phone call interviews and then two Skype interviews with some employees at the company. The hardest part was answering the questionnaire before there were any interviews. it was very lengthy but not difficult.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather seat mayonnaise or let everyone see your internet browsing history.   1 Answer

Tour Guide (CEO) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Earth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at G Adventures (Earth, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview online was not with a live person. It consists of 8 questions that were recorded. You hear a question, get 30 seconds to prepare an answer, and then you have 3 minutes to answer and you get recorded - you only get one take for each question. 2 or 3 of the questions were in the local language, and the answers had to be in the local language too (i.e. the language I was required to speak for the region)
    Second interview was online with a person on Skype. Questions were regular interview questions, about the region and about the job skills.
    Third interview was the G Factor, with a person on Skype - a series of bizarre questions with the interviewer trying to gauge how much you fit the company culture.
    Fourth interview: This one was with a different senior person, and seemed more as a final check. Some regular and situational interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions:
      Q. Explain what is a *name of the most popular national dish of a country* (For example the Russian Borsch - the soup).
      Q. Anything you need to improve in yourself (i.e. what is your weakness)?
      Q. How would you make sure you don't feel lonely or homesick during the contract?
      Q. What is sustainable tourism for you?
      Q. Which day of the tour is the most important? (The first day!)
      Q. How would you handle a client on tour who is not satisfied with the trip?

Bizarre questions during the G Factor (3rd interview)
      Q. With which food family do you most identify with?
      Q. If you had to pick two celebrity parents, who would they be?   Answer Question

Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at G Adventures (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Submitted a short application via company website, had a video interview (5 questions), met with hiring manager, second interview met with team members and had G Factor interview back to back, provided references.

Interview Questions

• Video Interview - 4 HR related questions and 1 fun question (If I won the lottery what would I do?)
      Hiring Manager Interview - more of a conversation to review my experience   Answer Question

GCO Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at G Adventures.

Interview

It was a long process. Took about a month from start to end due to the 5 step interview process G Adventures has for it's employees. They do that to ensure the right people are being hired for the job since the company is focused on the company culture. Lots of interviews via apps, skype, phone etc, never in person due to my location.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at G Adventures (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

They reached out to me through a recruiter and invited me in for an on-site interview (no phone screen). The interview felt more like a regular job interview than a software engineering interview.
    I talked to 4 people, including the HR person, manager, and a couple engineers. The atmosphere was pretty laid back and casual, which was nerve calming. Also, the receptionist was really friendly and got me a glass of water.

They asked me all the typical questions about my background, hobbies, experience and so on, and also did some explaining about their tech stack and the sorts of problems that they were working on. The technical questions were very light, and there was no skill assessment at all. It felt more like an hour-long conversation than an interview.

It took them about 3 weeks to get back to me with a rejection email, which was a lot longer than they said it would take. They gave me some constructive feedback, and basically told me that the job was more business oriented than they had let on, and that it probably didn't suit my skill set as a programmer. I thought that was a little odd and that maybe they should have been more clear about that from the beginning. Nonetheless, they all seemed like cool people who I would like to work with, and aside from being rejected, the experience was overall pretty positive.

Interview Questions

• What is do you like and dislike about the Python programming language?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at G Adventures (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Online interview. 30 seconds to think, 3-4 minutes to answer via webcam and microphone. Basic interview questions-- who are you, why are you a good fit, what do you know about the company. Following this were a handful of technical questions related to the job. Pretty weak experience, I am located in the same city as them, this practice seems 'cold' and unnecessary.

Interview Questions

• General questions about yourself, why you would be a fit for the company?   Answer Question

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at G Adventures (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The recruitment process if broken down in three -

First there is an video application task - where you're given just 30 seconds to prepare (and talk about) an unknown question

After success of the first task you're then invited to either a Skype/or face to face interview. This is more of the generic style with the basic 'tell me about yourself/strengths/weaknesses' etc. They'll also quiz your geographical knoweldege

Again after success of the first interview you're interviewed again. Called the G Factor interview, you'll be interviewed by 3 random employees selected. They will select questions from a deck of cards and 'hat' and these questions are very random. Apparently the purpose of this interview is to embrace the 'bizarre', which is basically the motto of the company

The first two stages of the interview are manageable, however it took over a week until I got a response about the third stage. I found the G Factor interview quite messy. There was no structure between the 3 employees, and they didn't look amused to be there! Some of the questions were really pointless, and on several occassions I found myself getting lost inbetween all the 'banter' and innuendos flying around. I get that this company is trying to portray a fun, young environment, but I think they need to understand the boundaries of fun and formality.

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths/weaknesses?

What will you bring to our company?

Where's the favourite place you've eaten?

What would you do if you had one day left to live?

Name 5 things to do in your home town   Answer Question

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at G Adventures (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

A digital interview with generic questions and geographical questionnaire, followed by a quick phone interview and a skype one. At first quite easy going but then the skype recruiter showed a kind of distance by asking particular high geographical notions without showing interest in the candidate personal profile. Basically repeating the same questions over and over with exposure arrogance (it is not a national geographic context but an interview to better know the candidate). At the end a few samples to be written to examine your ability to answer an email. The feedback was very poor considering the time I spent for a all week.

Interview Questions

• general geograhical questions not adressed to the candidate experience   Answer Question