GAIN Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GAIN Capital Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.8

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GAIN Capital.

Interview

The interview only about an hour. The process was fast as well. The questions are technical, but more on definitions than actual concept and how you applied it. There is another take home test.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected question. The technical questions were pretty much by the book. What is C#? What is OOP etcc.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedminster, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GAIN Capital (Bedminster, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a two part interview on the same day. First i met with two junior personals, asked about general questions. Then interviewed with their manager. The interview was fairly easy and simple.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, what's your strength and weakness, what do you see yourself doing in 5 years.   Answer Question

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GAIN Capital (Bedminster, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Good interview with managers. Casually spoke on topics of financial markets and past experiences. Educational background was somewhat on the from lines since it was a entry level opportunity. Personal traits important for the job were also covered.

Client Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GAIN Capital (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Pretty simple interview process, nothing unusual. Interview lasted about thirty minutes to forty five minutes. Questions were asked about previous work experiences and how some difficult situations were handled along with with issues that arose and how they were delt with.

Interview Questions

• To describe a moment where a client was dissatisfied and how issue was handled.   Answer Question

FX Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GAIN Capital (New York, NY).

Interview

4 managers interviewed on me on one day. Offered me the position on the spot.

Negotiation

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GAIN Capital (Bedminster, NJ).

Interview

The process was ok, four interviews. They will claim they want to bring in external talent into an organization that is inbred, but once there you will be given nothing to do. They tend to bait and switch in the interview process fairly regularly, withdrawing the actual on-staff position and offering contracting instead, so they can do a "try before you buy."

Treasury Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GAIN Capital in April 2013.

Interview

I received an email to set up a phone interview with HR. The next day I received an email from HR requesting an on-site interview. I was supposed to meet with three people, Treasury manager, Team Leader and Treasury Director and was scheduled in for an hour and a half. The interview was very laid back, no real technical questions more about fit and open conversation. I waited nearly 20-30 minutes in between when my first interview ended and the second person arrived. Was told by the director the interview went well but no offer.

Gain Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GAIN Capital (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Very easy and smooth interview process if you prepare. Typical behavioral questions such as your interest in the firm and the markets and more heavy market based technical questions on charts and fundamentals. Be prepared to discuss current market events as well as forecasting future events based on personal analysis and general market consensus. Also be sure to know detailed information concerning other financial markets such as equities, options and futures and its impact on each other.

Interview Questions

• What impact does interest rates have on the direction of the USD.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GAIN Capital (Basking Ridge, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

I met with two very junior admins who were extremely pleasant in nature. The HR director asked about my past experience and was very interested in what I can bring to the company. She then reviewed my salary history and said that my past pay is higher than hers. It seems that this company would rather get junior level individuals then pay an experienced person.

The office was clean and modern.

Client Services/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GAIN Capital (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

The first "interview" was over the phone however it wasn't very formal and not really considered an interview to my standard. I was asked briefly about my background and what my knowledge of the company was. The interviewee went over the job description fully and asked if I was still interested. He then scheduled a date and time for the interview and instructed me to re-send my resume while he would reply with instructions pertaining to the interview (building access, floor and suite #, etc...).

The actual one on one interview was rather standard. Upon arrival I was asked to fill out an application. After I was done I met with 3 seperate interviewees. Two of which seemed genuinely interested in the interview process and the last which was totally disinterested to the point which I overheard one of the interviewees having to cajole him into speaking with me. All in all it lasted about an hours time.

Questions wise, they were standard entry-level interview questions. I tried to prepare myself by using About.com's article of interview questions and I could have sworn that one of the interviewee was using a print out from the website. There were multiple "about yourself" questions that he asked me in sequential order as it appears on their website that rang a bell. There were some technical questions which were finance related though from what I sensed they were not really meant to test your specific knowledge but to test your logic.

Overall, the office seemed professional yet laid back and full of young individuals. Everyone was nice and friendly. I have no complaints about the interview process or the company. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently if you could start your working life over?   1 Answer