GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2017

2.4

Program Assistant Interview

Interview

Recruited by a recruiter as s/he saw my previous experience via LinkedIn. Phone interview, then Skype interview, then onward to an in-person interview at the work location of the client. Very organized and efficient!

Senior Subject Matter Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Got a call from hiring manager. 1 h call. Said opportunity may be opening up and they want to be ready and prepared for hire.. After 4 months and repeated follow ups, get occasional response and stall tactics, Unfortunately, seem not organized and professional

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI).

Interview

The first phone screen was great; the recruiter was wonderful. After this, it went downhill very fast. The initial phone interview set up with a person who actually worked for the site was scheduled 3 times and each time, the interviewer never got in touch. When I finally did speak to him after the third attempt, he made excuses and tried to brush my concerns off. Never again.

Administrative Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) in April 2016.

Interview

Originally emailed for phone interview then scheduled a skype interview, not many questions asked during Skype interview and have had no response. Then was contacted by a different recruiter about same position who seemingly had no knowledge that I had already been contacted and gave no feedback, feel they are very unprofessional.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a two-step interview process. First a Skype interview and then an in-person interview on site. The Skype interview went well despite the technical difficulties. The interviewer was positive and pleasant and asked good questions. She promised that I would hear within a day or two if I made it to the next step, and she kept her word.

However, it didn't go so well for the in-person interviews about a week later. Unfortunately, the woman who ran the first of my in-person interviews was 15 minutes late. That meant my time was even more limited for the second in-person interview. Anyway, when we finally sat down, she seemed kinda sleepy because her eyes kept drooping. I thought I might have to get up on the table and do a song and dance to keep her awake. She asked a few questions and wrote a few words down when her eyes were open, but as the interview went on, I began to feel like she just wanted to end the interview. The second in-person interview went a little better, albeit hurried. She at least seemed interested in me, but the questions felt perfunctory. I think they already had their candidate by the time of my interview. It made me wonder if they were required to interview a certain number of people. She was looking to make a decision quickly and said someone from GAP Solutions would be in touch in a few days. I waited a week with no answer. Finally, I e-mailed the woman who I had the Skype interview with asking if a decision had been made, and I got the standard "thanks, but no thanks" e-mail.

Try to show more interest in your interviewees. People take off time from work to interview. Our time is just as precious as yours.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) (Arlington, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, followed by a Skype interview with two recruiters, and then an in-person interview at the job site with potential supervisors. This process took several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Foreign Service Institute?   1 Answer

Secretary II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) (Reston, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Brief and easy. I met with a recruiter as well as the project manager. I then was able to meet the onsite PM which was as well easy and short.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about GAP Solutions? Where have you previously worked? What are some skills you possess?   Answer Question

Interview

They found my resume on Monster.com and had several interview stages. First was an online technical skills test for Microsoft Office. Next came an interview at GAPSI headquarters for more about my knowledge and skills. Finally there was an interview at the contract site with the team to make certain I was a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• As an inexperienced interviewee, I was unprepared for a question about my expected salary. Surprisingly, GAPSI gave me a good deal more than the minimum that I specified, despite it being in the normal range. I was grateful for that, and I likely stayed with the company longer than I would have otherwise.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) (Arlington, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very professional, clear concise information regarding the company,expectations and positions available. The staff was very friendly, honest and out going about what is expected and the processes as a whole. Benefits were explained and how they staff compared to other companies was very easy and comfortable process.

Interview Questions

• What are your long/ short term goals?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) (Reston, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

I first interviewed with a recruiter who referred me to the Director and the final interview was with two people I presumed were my potential co-workers. The first two interviews were great but the final one didn't feel great at all, I was asked questions that were common knowledge at the Senior level and to me it was more of a "will you fit into my family" type of interview and that was my deciding point that this was not the company for me, in conjunction with the fact I never received any updates it was as if the interview never happened and feedback is very important because If I took the time to show up, at the very least it should dignify a response.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions just ridiculous questions during the third interview.   Answer Question