GDS Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.7

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter then in-person with both the recruiter and Senior HR Manager. The HR Manager was extremely condescending and insulted her own recruiter as the recruiter watched on silently. For various reasons it wasn't a fit on either end, but even if it had been a perfect match I would never work for someone who would treat her own employee with such disrespect. I've never experienced such ego, and I've interviewed at everything from their competitors to Fortune 50 companies.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Tell me about yourself.
      What are your 3 greatest strengths?
      Answer Question

Delegate Acquisitions Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY).

Interview

They were very friendly and were specifically impressed with the intensive research I had done into the role and the questions I asked about it. I could tell they were very intuitive and discerning about the process. They are looking for people who are money-hungry, hard-working, sharp, confident, and have drive.

Delegate Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on a Friday, had second interview on Saturday. Got an email with an offer on Saturday. Started Monday. Fairly easy interview. Met with Christina the recruiter, then Ollie and Elliot to see what they thought. All three gave me the OK between 1st and 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience. What did you do. How did your previous industry work, etc.   Answer Question

Moderator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Two words: Unprofessional and Deceptive -
     Research this company. Nothing is updated on their site and the testimonials are 5 or more years old and they have a slew of complaints and lawsuits in recent years.
    Phone interview and then face to face with recruiter who was inappropriately dressed, chewing gum and extremely unskilled to deal with corporate professionals. She had no substantial experience in the industry, or business and could not define the business culture beyond incentive meals and 8:30 AM start time to 5PM. She could not answer questions about the GDS categories. She asked for times for subsequent interview since the person in the office did not make himself available to meet.
    They size you up and if you are too well put together he does not come out to meet the candidate. Overheard desperate sales calls with lots of name dropping while sitting in a distressed office space where all the doors and walls are glass.

Interview Questions

• No real questions of challenge or relative to the needs of the role. The level of unprofessionalism is what makes this a " Very Difficult Interview" Questions from a sheet of paper lacked depth. She was evasive to describe what they were looking for or when the role would need to be filled. Very disconnected and not someone qualified to be a business partner.   1 Answer

Moderator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Responded to resume quickly. Phone interview, then in-person in NYC, where 20-something sales people were playing ping pong at 9:45am. During the second interview, I was told I would Skype with a supervisor in the U.K. only to receive a blanket email saying they weren't going any further with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you transition from news reporting to business?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process took 2 weeks. Very professional. I had a phone interview then an in person with the Recruiter and the VP. The interviews were straight to the point and very transparent on the expectations. Was offered the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe what skills you think will make you most successful here.   1 Answer

Sponsorship Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

HR person grabs you from the lobby. Brings you around the floor, which is set up in pods. Everyone looks too scared to look up from their computer. Even when she brought me to a pod, not one person greeted me from that pod. They just pretended like we were ghosts I guess.

She then brought me to the conference room, brought a senior level person to try to sway me over on how great the company is. He told the expected OTE was 20,000 under what HR had told me. Big red flag.

Bottom line, no one except the desperate should take this job. It's churn and burn sales for 40K base in NYC. I should have did more research before I took this interview and they shouldn't have spun the truth so much.

When I sent them an email saying I would not be joining their team, they never even responded back. More proof that they're not the professional type.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you overcome a no, when you're pitching   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with the head of onboarding twice before meeting upper level management. On the third interview I met the SVP of Sales. I was sent my offer after the 3rd interview.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in GDS? What sales experience do you have? Can you see yourself here long term?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GDS Group (Miami Beach, FL).

Interview

Fairly easy interview, really just interested in sales experience. I was referred by a current employee, maybe it was easier for me because of that. They don't really explain the actual job there, that comes with training. But base salary offered was $40,000 for a 3 month at will employment offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you used to rejection in sales and how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was relatively breezy. They want people who are personable, have some character, personality, and would ideally be good on the phone. Talk about your time in team sports or your entreprenuerial spirit. Also, be exciting to speak to. This job requires a lot of enthusiasm as you will be selling all the time.