GDS Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GDS Group Interview Questions

Interviews at GDS Group

2.7

Business Development Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GDS Group.

Interview

Very bizarre process. Phone call interview with HR representative, interview was driven to background and details about position and company. Was then asked to come in for an in person interview and then never heard back from the rep again. Was told i would receive an email with instructions on the in person interview date and time and never got the email or a response back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background. Why do you want to leave where you currently work?   Answer Question

People & Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

I went in for a 30mins interview onsite. They sent me an email a couple days after I applied online and scheduled an onsite 1 on 1 interview 2 days after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

Applied to GDS group through indeed in early December. In mid-December, I was sent a time and date for a phone interview (which was the next day) and I was asked to confirm. I confirmed the interview and I was then sent a confirmation email. I never got a call from the woman that was supposed to interview me. I email her about 30 minutes after our phone call was supposed to begin and she never answered me. Hands-down the most unprofessional experience, I've ever had. She didn't even have the decency to email me back. I scheduled my whole day around this interview. Also, they didn't even ask what times/dates worked for me they just scheduled a phone interview time. This company is clearly poorly managed and does not care about people's time. Stay away.

Business Development Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GDS Group in June 2019.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter & Sales manager, we talked about the position, my work history, why I am interested in the company, they wanted to see how I was on the phone since that's a huge part of the role.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GDS Group (Miami, FL) in February 2019.

Interview

phone interview, asked to come in... spoke to all the managers, the got a call back letting me know I got the job. Once I got the job they asked me to come in and fill out paper work which then started a 12 weeks training schedule, with the ending being that you become a Business Development Executive.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GDS Group (Miami, FL) in July 2018.

Interview

Good insight into the history of the company, key responsibilities and KPIs within the role. Clear understanding of products and services. Also had the opportunity to listen and review to calls.

Business Development Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GDS Group.

Interview

In-person interview. The interviewer was very friendly and I enjoyed speaking with him. Asked comprehensive and relevant questions to really get to know you. The office space was great, very open and modern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

I had applied for the job on Indeed, and I received a call from HR Manager/Recruiter in the UK, who was very courteous, friendly and knowledgeable about the company. After a couple conversations, she set me up with an in-person interview with the Sales Managers in the New York office. Any experienced sales professional could tell this was a winning team led by a very competent manager. I had time to listen to live sales phone calls on the floor and speak one-on-one with the other more-junior sales executives. I thought it said something about the integrity of their hiring process to give me that experience. Overall, I had 2 phone-screening interviews and in-person meetings.

Interview Questions

• More conversational. The sales manager is clearly looking for the right fit - which is what good employers do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Received an email from someone at GDS in response to my resume. Assuming I either applied via Indeed/Glassdoor or they found me somehow.
    The person scheduled a phone interview and then never called me at the scheduled time.
    Kind of glad that they never called because I failed to Google the company before accepting the interview. Knowing what I know now, I would have passed. Do yourself a favor and read the REAL reviews on Glassdoor and LinkedIn. Also check the company with Ripoff Report/BBB/Google etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter after applying online and conducted a very brief phone interview that centered around my background and experience. After that call, I was invited in for an in person meeting. The meeting was very straightforward, but the recruiter brought in a "visual aid" to demonstrate how their events are set up and who is on each side and asked me several times if I understood what she was explaining to me, which started to feel a little condescending. I decided to remove myself from the process before going back in for another meeting, but she made it clear that they had a hiring class training right around the corner and wanted to get their new hires in the door ASAP, so the process would have taken less than 2 weeks in total if I had continued.