GDS Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.7

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter after applying online and conducted a very brief phone interview that centered around my background and experience. After that call, I was invited in for an in person meeting. The meeting was very straightforward, but the recruiter brought in a "visual aid" to demonstrate how their events are set up and who is on each side and asked me several times if I understood what she was explaining to me, which started to feel a little condescending. I decided to remove myself from the process before going back in for another meeting, but she made it clear that they had a hiring class training right around the corner and wanted to get their new hires in the door ASAP, so the process would have taken less than 2 weeks in total if I had continued.

Sponsorship Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Was called by the internal HR person for the phone screening part then to the office in NYC for a face to face. Nice girl young and friendly great conversation along with some interesting questions. Brought in a visual aide chart on the sales process wanted to make sure I could follow along.

Second face to face interview with the VP of the NYC Office. Nice guy good conversation seems to be overwhelmed by the office

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Received an email from someone at GDS in response to my resume. Assuming I either applied via Indeed/Glassdoor or they found me somehow.
    The person scheduled a phone interview and then never called me at the scheduled time.
    Kind of glad that they never called because I failed to Google the company before accepting the interview. Knowing what I know now, I would have passed. Do yourself a favor and read the REAL reviews on Glassdoor and LinkedIn. Also check the company with Ripoff Report/BBB/Google etc.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GDS Group.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with recruiting. Did an in person interview and then met with the Sales Manager. Seems like a great growth opportunity and fun culture for the right person. Recruiter was very thorough and nice, as was the team manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about sales?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter then in-person with both the recruiter and Senior HR Manager. The HR Manager was extremely condescending and insulted her own recruiter as the recruiter watched on silently. For various reasons it wasn't a fit on either end, but even if it had been a perfect match I would never work for someone who would treat her own employee with such disrespect. I've never experienced such ego, and I've interviewed at everything from their competitors to Fortune 50 companies.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Tell me about yourself.
      What are your 3 greatest strengths?   Answer Question

Delegate Acquisitions Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY).

Interview

They were very friendly and were specifically impressed with the intensive research I had done into the role and the questions I asked about it. I could tell they were very intuitive and discerning about the process. They are looking for people who are money-hungry, hard-working, sharp, confident, and have drive.

Delegate Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on a Friday, had second interview on Saturday. Got an email with an offer on Saturday. Started Monday. Fairly easy interview. Met with Christina the recruiter, then Ollie and Elliot to see what they thought. All three gave me the OK between 1st and 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience. What did you do. How did your previous industry work, etc.   Answer Question

Moderator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Two words: Unprofessional and Deceptive -
     Research this company. Nothing is updated on their site and the testimonials are 5 or more years old and they have a slew of complaints and lawsuits in recent years.
    Phone interview and then face to face with recruiter who was inappropriately dressed, chewing gum and extremely unskilled to deal with corporate professionals. She had no substantial experience in the industry, or business and could not define the business culture beyond incentive meals and 8:30 AM start time to 5PM. She could not answer questions about the GDS categories. She asked for times for subsequent interview since the person in the office did not make himself available to meet.
    They size you up and if you are too well put together he does not come out to meet the candidate. Overheard desperate sales calls with lots of name dropping while sitting in a distressed office space where all the doors and walls are glass.

Interview Questions

• No real questions of challenge or relative to the needs of the role. The level of unprofessionalism is what makes this a " Very Difficult Interview" Questions from a sheet of paper lacked depth. She was evasive to describe what they were looking for or when the role would need to be filled. Very disconnected and not someone qualified to be a business partner.   1 Answer

Moderator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Responded to resume quickly. Phone interview, then in-person in NYC, where 20-something sales people were playing ping pong at 9:45am. During the second interview, I was told I would Skype with a supervisor in the U.K. only to receive a blanket email saying they weren't going any further with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you transition from news reporting to business?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process took 2 weeks. Very professional. I had a phone interview then an in person with the Recruiter and the VP. The interviews were straight to the point and very transparent on the expectations. Was offered the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe what skills you think will make you most successful here.   1 Answer