GDS Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GDS Group

2.7

Sort:

Business Development Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GDS Group.

Interview

In-person interview. The interviewer was very friendly and I enjoyed speaking with him. Asked comprehensive and relevant questions to really get to know you. The office space was great, very open and modern.

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter after applying online and conducted a very brief phone interview that centered around my background and experience. After that call, I was invited in for an in person meeting. The meeting was very straightforward, but the recruiter brought in a "visual aid" to demonstrate how their events are set up and who is on each side and asked me several times if I understood what she was explaining to me, which started to feel a little condescending. I decided to remove myself from the process before going back in for another meeting, but she made it clear that they had a hiring class training right around the corner and wanted to get their new hires in the door ASAP, so the process would have taken less than 2 weeks in total if I had continued.

Moderator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Two words: Unprofessional and Deceptive -
     Research this company. Nothing is updated on their site and the testimonials are 5 or more years old and they have a slew of complaints and lawsuits in recent years.
    Phone interview and then face to face with recruiter who was inappropriately dressed, chewing gum and extremely unskilled to deal with corporate professionals. She had no substantial experience in the industry, or business and could not define the business culture beyond incentive meals and 8:30 AM start time to 5PM. She could not answer questions about the GDS categories. She asked for times for subsequent interview since the person in the office did not make himself available to meet.
    They size you up and if you are too well put together he does not come out to meet the candidate. Overheard desperate sales calls with lots of name dropping while sitting in a distressed office space where all the doors and walls are glass.

Interview Questions

• No real questions of challenge or relative to the needs of the role. The level of unprofessionalism is what makes this a " Very Difficult Interview" Questions from a sheet of paper lacked depth. She was evasive to describe what they were looking for or when the role would need to be filled. Very disconnected and not someone qualified to be a business partner.   1 Answer

Moderator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Responded to resume quickly. Phone interview, then in-person in NYC, where 20-something sales people were playing ping pong at 9:45am. During the second interview, I was told I would Skype with a supervisor in the U.K. only to receive a blanket email saying they weren't going any further with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you transition from news reporting to business?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GDS Group.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with recruiting. Did an in person interview and then met with the Sales Manager. Seems like a great growth opportunity and fun culture for the right person. Recruiter was very thorough and nice, as was the team manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about sales?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GDS Group (Miami Beach, FL).

Interview

Fairly easy interview, really just interested in sales experience. I was referred by a current employee, maybe it was easier for me because of that. They don't really explain the actual job there, that comes with training. But base salary offered was $40,000 for a 3 month at will employment offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you used to rejection in sales and how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

two interviews. nothing out of the norm - basic questions. they were honest and upfront and I appreciated they're communication. professional across the board

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fair.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was relatively breezy. They want people who are personable, have some character, personality, and would ideally be good on the phone. Talk about your time in team sports or your entreprenuerial spirit. Also, be exciting to speak to. This job requires a lot of enthusiasm as you will be selling all the time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

I met with the Office Manager, Oliver Smart, and the Global Office Director, Elliot Lee. I was asked to come in for a second-round interview, which was ultimately the make or break meeting. I chose to come in for a third to further evaluate the company, economics, and what my role would entail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The highest someone will get paid is 45k base, but that requires previous sales experience. Despite not having any, I made a case for why I should be paid 45k.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GDS Group (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with the head of onboarding twice before meeting upper level management. On the third interview I met the SVP of Sales. I was sent my offer after the 3rd interview.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in GDS? What sales experience do you have? Can you see yourself here long term?   Answer Question