GLG Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GLG Partners Interview Questions

2.8

Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GLG Partners (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a phone interview with a women from HR who seemed very rushed, sounded like she was reading off a script and did not allow me to even get a decent word in.I then was asked to do a second phone interview with a member from the team, the second one was much better, the woman i spoke with was very polite, seemed interested in what I had to say, and gave positive feedback which boosted my confidence and made the phone call more pleasing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a stressful situation?   Answer Question

Council Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GLG Partners (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Mostly consists of phone interview, followed by a series of questionaires to ensure you are qualified for the areas they designate you for. After that it is individual qualification surveys for each respective job. The process is a little tedious, but well worth it to establish yourself on the site.

Interview Questions

• Each question is very specific to the area of expertise you are chosen for. For example, How many years working in this area? What types of roles have you performed?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GLG Partners.

Interview

Was recruited on campus. The first two interviews were on campus in which I was mostly asked about the company's buisness model and what I understood about the position. The second round was a take home case that paralleled the sort of work one would do at GLG. This was followed up by a 30 minute phone interview. Subsequently, I was flown out to Austin where I had an informal breakfast interview with younger employees. They were really pleasant and gave me tips for my following interviews while telling me more about the company and why they liked it. Then I had 4 interviews with senior management. Again, everyone was very conversational and pleasant. I was contacted the next day for a final round interview with the global head of the department I was interested in. Again he was comfortable to interview with. The questions were pretty straightforward and involved thinking about my experiences and explaining how they are relevant to glg. Pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Why would a company not just use google to find their own experts, why pay for GLG?   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GLG Partners (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Process took about 3 weeks.
    Had a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Was asked to give overview of resume and then expand on some portions.
      2. Asked to describe the GLG business model.
      3. Asked about a challenge I faced during my work history and how I reached a solution/goal.
      4. Asked why I was interested in the position/what I hoped to gain   Answer Question

Member Solutions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GLG Partners.

Interview

I was contacted to set up a phone interview. The first interview was only about 20 minutes. They only wanted to know if you understood what their company is about. The following phone interviews where repetitive. How many time are you going to ask me to describe myself? They asked the same questions over and over. Do your research.

Associate Program, Professional Services Firms Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at GLG Partners (Austin, TX).

Interview

Quick to respond. First round was behavioral questions. I asked a lot of questions about the company and answered basic question about my resume, past experiences.
    A description of the position and role was provided.

Second round interview was very much the same as the first. I was asked to describe the roll as it was described to me and explain why I was a good candidate. I was also asked to explain why consultants might prefer the service to industry clients.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain why consultants might prefer the service to industry clients.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GLG Partners (Tokyo (Japan)) in September 2013.

Interview

Web Intervew

Research Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GLG Partners in January 2012.

Interview

An individual contacted me based on something I had written that he liked. We spoke for about 45 minutes, then he said he'd like me to speak with someone else who would give me compensation information & answer any further questions I might have. The other person, however, was very terse. He asked me almost no questions. He also provided so little information I was left wondering what the status of my application was. Now, it appears that the first individual believes I have come on board, but I literally wouldn't know how to do so if I had.

Interview Questions

• But what do you know about telecom?   1 Answer
    • Who do you know in telecom?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The first individual has contacted me several times, but when I try to reach him, he is not there. He is, nonetheless, very anxious to have me on board and has said so several times. I am just scratching my head.