GMR Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.5

NightLife Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GMR Marketing (Amarillo, TX).

Interview

There was a phone interview first. Then a Skype interview with the regional manager. The questions were based on experiences, personality, and strategies. Questions like your greatest strengths and weakness.
    Stick with the STAR strategy. Situation, task, action, result- for every question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiations were able to be made.

Director, Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Berlin, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GMR Marketing (New Berlin, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

In general, I felt that the interview process was very efficient and HR did go out of their way to be accommodating and communicative. I felt the team was professional and easy to talk to. If I had a complaint it would be that I wasn't offered the job due to lack of experience in a particular area that we had covered from the beginning of the process. I felt as though my time was wasted in this regard, and would have preferred if the company knew they were looking for someone with that specific experience that they have eliminated me sooner in the process.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing your former team would have said about your management style?   1 Answer

GMR Marketing Response

Jul 18, 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback, and we are glad that you felt comfortable and accommodated during the application and interview process! The Director, Social Media position is a critical ... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GMR Marketing (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 minute interview with someone in Human Resources. A few days later, I had an interview with the team I would be working with. They then asked HR to send me a project to complete and present a week later. The presentation was over Skype and took about 45 minutes to an hour.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Berlin, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GMR Marketing (New Berlin, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

3 to 4 step interview process. Qualification interview with staffing department. Direct Manager interview, Program Director interview and Client interview. Ask a lot of personal questions to get to know your personality.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation of an insubordinate employee?   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GMR Marketing (Savannah, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Before getting hired I worked another event with the team, so when I went in to get interviewed it was more about what I would be doing and my availability. It was easy going and very casual.

Interview Questions

• If I had a car for transportation.   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Berlin, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GMR Marketing (New Berlin, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview done by someone who's only been in position 8 months, called 5 min. after scheduled time, and then proceeded to put me on hold because her dog was getting into something...apparently it was "bring your dog to work day". Really?? Wouldn't you put your dog in a crate while you are conducting a phone screening?? I thought the HR person was very unprofessional and naive about the job position. When I asked more about the job and workplace, all she could come up with was "We work hard and play hard, we have a "barcade" for fun, and bring your dog to work day". Did not give any insight as to what the position would be doing or how a Marketing Coordinator interacts with the rest of the team. She seemed to be stuck on asking how well I knew PowerPoint.

Interview Questions

GMR Marketing Response

Mar 14, 2016

Thank you so much for your feedback on your interview experience. Here at GMR, we pride ourselves in our fun and lively work environment. I'm sure that's what your interviewer was trying to ... More

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Berlin, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GMR Marketing (New Berlin, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview, an in-person interview, a 2-hour test and then another interview with the leader of the teams. I applied in December and did not get hired on until the middle of March. It is entirely worth the wait though for a quality position that you love.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GMR Marketing.

Interview

It was easy because I had been working already with the company so they asked me about what I would do make my market better. All together I had worked for them years ago under a different manager who put in a good word for me.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Berlin, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GMR Marketing (New Berlin, WI).

Interview

One phone interview and two in person interviews. Meet with peers and direct reports along with senior leadership. They asked solid questions that were related to the job.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Berlin, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GMR Marketing (New Berlin, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial process went smoothly but was spread out over two months; I met with HR contact (via phone) then moved on to direct report (via phone) several weeks later. Had initial discussion about the role for about 20 minutes and was told they'd be in touch to discuss in person interview in next couple weeks. After following up a couple weeks later and hearing back from HR once, no additional contact was made.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience - size of account managed, team leadership, etc.   Answer Question