GP Strategies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GP Strategies Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.7

LMS Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GP Strategies in November 2017.

Interview

This ended up being one of the best experiences of my life. I applied online and had an initial phone interview for a similar role 3 months ago. I ultimately did not get that role, but kept in contact with someone in HR and when another role came up that was a good match for me she contacted me for that one. I had a phone interview and was extended a job offer which I accepted. Working with someone in HR who not only remembers you, but makes the effort to look for other opportunities that would fit you is a rare thing these days, but GP has the right people in place to make these connections happen. Outstanding!

Interview Questions

• What made me want to pursue LMS Administration as a career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online, contacted shortly after by their amazing recruiter Aimee, had a phone intervew with her then another phone interview with hiring supervisor then.in person interview with supervisor and manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my daily tasks in my current job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by Aimee Benica (who was fantastic!). First contact was via email to give additional info about the position and to let me know what the expected compensation would be. Aimee also conducted the initial screening interview to get a feel of whether or not I would be a good candidate for the position. Next step, a phone interview with the hiring managers. I participated in a conference call with 2 of the hiring manages. They conducted the formal interview. From my initial application submission to the results of my interview it was about 2.5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• State a challenge that you encountered at your last position and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Princeton, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through a job post on LinkedIn. 10 days later, I received a call from HR Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist Aimee asking if I was still interested in the position. She asked me questions about my current Training Coordinator position, and the responsibilities in the role. We discussed the responsibilities of the open position, and how my qualifications aligned with what the client was looking for in a Training Coordinator. She then scheduled a FaceTime interview with the hiring manager Michelle. After my interview with Michelle, I was invited to interview with the client. After two interviews with the team I would be working for, I was offered the position. Aimee was so helpful, attentive, and responsive to e-mails throughout the entire interview process. After the initial phone screening, I received a detailed e-mail regarding the position and expected compensation and benefits, which was so helpful to receive early in the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• How did I institute a change in training procedure or policy in my current position to make a process better or more efficient?   Answer Question

QA Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GP Strategies in September 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interview describing the job requirements and duties. They seemed really excited about the prospect of me joining the company but did not return my emails after two weeks. I just received a standard rejection email from them without any explanation as to why I didn't receive the job offer.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

HR has been jerking me around intermittently for the past year, promising a job, having me interview with another project team, saying I'm a good fit, and then not making an offer with no explanation. This time they finally made an offer and, despite knowing in advance my pay rate of $50+ per hour for part-time work with no benefits, had the nerve to put a measly $35 per hour in the offer letter. Beware--this is strictly a 20th century rate for IDs. What kind of company lowballs its candidates? They're obviously putting cost savings well over quality workers. I feel well rid of them. Don't let 'em jerk you around--get the rate upfront and walk if it's lower than you're worth!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a client's objections to instructional design recommendations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Groton, CT) in May 2017.

Interview

After applying for the position online, I had a brief phone interview with HR. I had a casual one-on-one interview with the hiring manager. Then, I had a one-on-one interview with the client where the position was located. HR informed me two weeks later that they would be postponing hiring. Approximately one month later, they reopened the position and had me meet another of the clients manager. I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your ideal work style/situation?   Answer Question

Training Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at GP Strategies in January 2017.

Interview

Standard interview questions. Nice people; however, the follow-up is unprofessional. You may have to make contact several time before just assuming you have not been selected to move forward. (They won't tell you either way of your status, so you must assume you didn't get the position and are no longer in the running.)

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GP Strategies.

Interview

I applied for the position through the website. Once I heard back, we set up a time to do an interview via Skype. I received my offer via phone call.

Interview Questions

• Automotive technology questions, asked to give a presentation   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Huntersville, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

sitting across the table from 3 people interviewing you. The interview was more conversational and lasted an hour. All three interviewers asked questions. The interviewers were not at all intimidating and very friendly. The only thing I was disappointed with was that they told me they would follow up with me on whether or not I would get a second interview because they don't like to leaving anyone waiting and I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• What would be your ideal job   1 Answer