GP Strategies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GP Strategies Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.7

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GP Strategies.

Interview

I applied for the position through the website. Once I heard back, we set up a time to do an interview via Skype. I received my offer via phone call.

Interview Questions

• Automotive technology questions, asked to give a presentation   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Huntersville, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

sitting across the table from 3 people interviewing you. The interview was more conversational and lasted an hour. All three interviewers asked questions. The interviewers were not at all intimidating and very friendly. The only thing I was disappointed with was that they told me they would follow up with me on whether or not I would get a second interview because they don't like to leaving anyone waiting and I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• What would be your ideal job   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Standard initial phone interview, standard questions. Interviewer was 3 states away from where I was to be hired. Connection in the middle of the interview got bad, she had me on speaker phone. She disconnected and called me back. Interview was for a remote contract job that they have for Electric Boat. I was contacted that day with specifics on second interview in person with Electric Boat Training personnel.

Interview Questions

• 1. tell me about yourself
      2. what are your strengths
      3. describe a significant challenge
      Answer Question

Multimedia Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

This interview was for a multimedia role supporting a training effort at Texas Instruments. I was contacted by a HR specialist at GP Strategies for an initial phone screen. I then spoke to another GP HR/Talent manager over the phone a few days later who asked more detailed questions based off of the job posting. Shortly after that, I was sent an email request for an in-person interview at TI. With a company like TI, one would expect a certain level of professionalism over let's say a start-up that just crawled out of the garage. Unfortunately, that was not the case. The GP rep conducted the interview in the most stale, pretentious, and pointless way possible. Most good interviews are handled like an intelligent conversation and less like a sorority initiation. For extra fun, the panel was flanked with TI engineers who could have provided real insight into the role and its expectations. Instead, when they weren't nitpicking over the semantics of my responses, they just sat there like two sacks of sawdust, watching the show. There should have been a concession stand in the lobby (where the interview was actually held) so they could have purchased popcorn. I write this review not so much to vent over one experience, but to hopefully point out red flags that I am seeing all to often these days during the interview process. If a company pulls you into a P2P interview and turns the interview into anything other than a discussion about a specific job and it's requirements, proceed with caution. While respect may have to be earned, civility is just a common courtesy. If you aren't treated with as much when first walking in the door, it's not worth your time. My conclusion was that GP Strategies and its "talent specialists" have no better clue how to hire for quality professionals than Walmart does. And to the devil with TI. Whatever genius used to float through their facilities has apparently evaporated, as evidenced by the "Homer Simpson" version of an engineer on the interview panel.

Interview Questions

• My favorite was when "Homer the Engineer" asked me: "So, who pushed the button on a video camera when capturing a training workshop?"   1 Answer

Inside Sales Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Baltimore, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

Long and disappointing. I went through four interviews and then after a Skype interview, I never heard back from them. I even called the scheduling person and my call was never returned. I then heard form others online that this is typical of this company. They waste your time to see "what's out there" for projects they don't have yet. I wouldn't have minded this so much if they had returned a call or followed up after the interview. Unprofessional and rude.

Interview Questions

• Typical ISD questions. They threw in a lot of theory which is all well and good but not realistic out there in the work environment.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GP Strategies.

Interview

Interview went very well. Meet with 3 individuals and they asked a lot of very thoughtful technical questions about my work experience and wanted to see examples of all of my past projects. Come prepared with a full portfolio of work.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I interviewed with three people in the baltimore office. (which I perfer because it helps build rapport between the interviewer and interviewee) Asked me to describe my resume and why I would be the right person for this position. Focused on why my qualifications would be correct for this position.

Interview Questions

• Asked where I saw myself in 5 years and did I have a problem with traveling. (as this was a traveling position)   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR via email by a very nice woman who was concientous about every aspect of my process as an interviewee and then I had a phone interview with her. After that I was scheduled for a face to face interview where I met with 3 people. It was the hierarchy of their team and two had come from other states. They were all 3 the nicest, most gracious and warm people.
    It was a really nice experience.

Interview Questions

• If I've ever had a disagreement or difference of opinion with another co-oworker and how did I handle that, what did I do about it.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Columbia, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email from an HR rep requesting a date and time I could attend a phone interview. After the phone interview they said I was a good candidate and a formal in-person interview was set-up. The next day I was asked to complete a job application and provide 4 references. The next day I received a call from HR with a formal job offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several questions about my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Columbia, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview that was simply behavioral. After that, I had one in-house interview and was offered the position two days later. The in-house interview was straight forward. My interview was a conversation between the two people interviewing me. They don't ask you any trick questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most essential trait to being successful in this position?   Answer Question