GP Strategies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Multimedia Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

This interview was for a multimedia role supporting a training effort at Texas Instruments. I was contacted by a HR specialist at GP Strategies for an initial phone screen. I then spoke to another GP HR/Talent manager over the phone a few days later who asked more detailed questions based off of the job posting. Shortly after that, I was sent an email request for an in-person interview at TI. With a company like TI, one would expect a certain level of professionalism over let's say a start-up that just crawled out of the garage. Unfortunately, that was not the case. The GP rep conducted the interview in the most stale, pretentious, and pointless way possible. Most good interviews are handled like an intelligent conversation and less like a sorority initiation. For extra fun, the panel was flanked with TI engineers who could have provided real insight into the role and its expectations. Instead, when they weren't nitpicking over the semantics of my responses, they just sat there like two sacks of sawdust, watching the show. There should have been a concession stand in the lobby (where the interview was actually held) so they could have purchased popcorn. I write this review not so much to vent over one experience, but to hopefully point out red flags that I am seeing all to often these days during the interview process. If a company pulls you into a P2P interview and turns the interview into anything other than a discussion about a specific job and it's requirements, proceed with caution. While respect may have to be earned, civility is just a common courtesy. If you aren't treated with as much when first walking in the door, it's not worth your time. My conclusion was that GP Strategies and its "talent specialists" have no better clue how to hire for quality professionals than Walmart does. And to the devil with TI. Whatever genius used to float through their facilities has apparently evaporated, as evidenced by the "Homer Simpson" version of an engineer on the interview panel.

Interview Questions

• My favorite was when "Homer the Engineer" asked me: "So, who pushed the button on a video camera when capturing a training workshop?"   1 Answer

Multimedia Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkridge, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Elkridge, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

Typically phone interview then in-person. Went very well and overall was good.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to look at live sample to debug an issue.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a base rate but it was better than what I currently had.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GP Strategies.

Interview

First interview involved a 15 minute interview with a HR representative who asked questions about my engineering projects listed on my resume and if I had the necessary skills/background for the role. Second interview involved a 40 minute interview with the applications engineering team (four of them), in which they asked about how I would be a good fit for the role and why the position interests me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself - what do you have to offer for this role?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Columbia, MD).

Interview

applied online, heard back from the recruiter (very nice lady), and kept in touch with the recruiter. A few weeks later did a informal quick phone interview, then went in for a formal interview. hired the following week.

Interview Questions

• After explaining the project they asked, "What can you bring to the table?"   1 Answer

Training Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Denver, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

Initial interview with a company consultant to answer general questions about the company; then Group interview with 2 people describing the typical projects you might work on and asking performance based questions about your experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GP Strategies.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minor negotiations to get a slight increase.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GP Strategies (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from the Implementation manager onsite at Cisco systems (each site is different). Scheduled a 1:1 interview. Had a form from which she asked standard questions. Quick interview and I felt like it went really badly. A week later I got a call from the Supervisor and she had a phone interview with me.That went really well. A week later I got a call from the HR rep. and she offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What type of learning management systems have you used?   1 Answer
    • Fairly standard questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but I wish i had. They offered 48,006 but the cap on the salary is 50k.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GP Strategies (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was emailed and called asking to interview with GP Strategies. I was interviewed by a Training Coordinator Specialist and her boss via telephone. I was asked about 15 questions and the interview took about 45 minutes long. I was told to expect to hear back from them within two weeks. Its been five weeks now and no one is replying to my emails or phone calls.

Interview Questions

• What is it about the people you work with that you enjoy the most?   Answer Question

Training Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at GP Strategies in February 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. First with manager then with possible co-workers and then client who I would be working for. All in all interviewed with about 12-15 people. Hard to please so many people. I did, however, job was given to an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you when out of your way to please a client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GP Strategies (Huntersville, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

sitting across the table from 3 people interviewing you. The interview was more conversational and lasted an hour. All three interviewers asked questions. The interviewers were not at all intimidating and very friendly. The only thing I was disappointed with was that they told me they would follow up with me on whether or not I would get a second interview because they don't like to leaving anyone waiting and I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• What would be your ideal job   1 Answer