GSA Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at GSA Capital

3.4

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GSA Capital (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 men onsite, each for about 1 hour. One focused on research experience on resume and coding, one focused on technical math/stats problems, the last one is a senior boss and asked you to find alpha given a specific scenario.

Interview Questions

• What is the MLE of the parameter of a Poisson Distribution?   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GSA Capital (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied on the website and they gave me a phone interview. And the interviewer was patient and stated his question very clearly. But it seems I don't have enough knowledge for statistical learning. So I failed in the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GSA Capital.

Interview

Only made it to the phone interview. Interviewer was very nice and patient when working through math/quant problems. Asked him about the overall hiring process and he said it starts with a phone interview, then a second phone interview, then a mathematical modeling problem, then another interview about your model, then they fly you over for a final interview.

Quantitative Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GSA Capital (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First stage is a set of interviews, for a total of 3 hours (1hr per interview) on the same day. Questions include basic statistics, and math. In the second stage, they sent a project and you need to finish with a limited time. And the last stage is on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• Law of large numbers, central limit theorem, approximate probabilities, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Started with 3 on site 1-1 interviews. All of them were half focused on coding (java mainly) and other half on Maths (linear programming, probabilities, mathematical induction...)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

I had a first round interview by telephone and I wasn't too sure what to expect after reading the negative feedback on this site. The interviewer on the other side of the phone was very professional and friendly so ended up having a productive two-way conversation. I got to find out about the company, how it operates and the interviewer took an interest in the software I have built.

I was too hesitant so I wasn't asked for further interviewers however I got a good impression of its people as they seem to have the top 1% of developers working there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was interviewed 7 times in total across two separate visits. They also asked me to complete a (untimed, and relatively short) programming exercise in my own time. All of the interviewers were friendly, interesting, and came across as very intelligent. They were all actively interested in and working with, new technologies. Overall I got the impression that the people at GSA were pretty great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I think the interview process varies somewhat but in my case it was 2 phone interviews and then an 3 hour on-site interview. In general the interviews were quite challenging but they were still very enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Given an arithmetic expression in a string format (e.g. "(2*3)+((1+2)*7)") create a function that evaluates the expression, taking operator precedence into account, and returns the result as an integer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GSA Capital.

Interview

9 interviews - some technical, some culture fit, and coding practical. questions on algorithms, coding, basic functional programming, computer science fundamentals, object oriented design. quick response and hiring decision, pleasant interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at GSA Capital (London, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied for the A-Tech team which does development more on the operations side of things. I was given a coding exercise where I had to build an application from scratch that fulfilled a given specification. The exercise went well, so I was invited to an on-site interview.

I was very nervous having heard about how difficult the interview process is at GSA Capital but the interviewers were very friendly and made me feel at ease. All the interviews were 1 on 1 and I ended up really enjoying solving the problems they were giving me on the whiteboard. I got the sense that GSA was a great place to work at.

The challenges were based around Garbage Collection, a particular .NET data structure and its internal workings, a system design task, and a mathematical/logic puzzle.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a Dictionary class like the one in .NET?   Answer Question