GVA Property Consultancy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GVA Property Consultancy Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at GVA Property Consultancy

Graduate Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GVA Property Consultancy.

Interview

Answered application questions in September, Psychometric tests in October, Phone interview in December. My answers for the pyschometric tests didn't submit, so I was asked to do them again which was slightly annoying, but turned out they could use ones I did for a summer placement that year.

Interview Questions

Graduate Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GVA Property Consultancy (London, England (UK)) in January 2010.

Interview

I originally applied online for their graduate scheme and was called back the same day and offered an interview.

The interview was held with an HR Manager and the Director of the department in which I was to be placed.

The interview consisted of background questions;

- Why a career in property
    - Related work experience

Job related questions

- Brush up on development appraisals, how would you break back to a land value figure to make an offer given a development final figure.

- Market knowledge, how is the market? What is stopping transactions at the moment?

- How do you keep up with what is happening in the market?

- Deals done by the company, what do you know about them?

- What do you know about the company?

- What % would a developer take as profit on a typical project?

Interview Questions

• What % would a developer take in a typical project?   1 Answer
    • What is the main thing stopping the market from picking up in your opinion?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I think in a market that we are in at the moment, and especially given that this is a graduate role, you NEED to stress that the money is not the motivator, the excellent training available within a large corporate company with dedicated advisers needs to be top of your list.