GXS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.8

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GXS (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• They asked what you could bring to the company 4 interviews one by phone one online test meet ceo meet the entire team. I have 3 face to face with ceo went to lunch with the director. Had a team outing with whole team did a google puzzle 4 interviews one by phone one online test meet ceo meet the entire team. I have 3 face to face with ceo went to lunch with the director. Had a team outing with whole team did a google puzzle   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GXS (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Phone call first, then in person. Spoke to 3 different people

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty straightforward

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GXS (Gaithersburg, MD).

Interview

Process is very casual

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Expect to let people know your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GXS (Gaithersburg, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

The overall process took less than 2 weeks but the interviews were very basic, nothing challenging. It began with an initial recruiter screen, mainly to see if there was a fit salary-wise. This was followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager and then a half day of on-site face-to-face interviews. People seemed to like to talk about themselves so I let them...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got what I was asking for.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GXS in August 2013.

Interview

Process is phone interview arranged by administrative assistant for the executive conducting the interview. All arrangements and communications were timely and very professional. Interviewer was well organized and conversant with the firm and the position. Followed by in person interview. Again all arrangements were very professional. Dress at the executive level is suit and tie.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions. You need to be able to prove that you have done what you say on your resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GXS (Gaithersburg, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

Conference interview with team lead, location supervisor, and my academic advisor. We went over my qualifications, test scores, previous training, and expectations. Afterwards I spoke with my team members to offer what I could bring to the table as well as what I would gain from the experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to find solutions to problems that aren't seen everyday?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GXS.

Interview

Initial communication was a telephone interview followed by an in person interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We negotiated mainly on vacation time

Data Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brook Park, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GXS (Brook Park, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is very extensive. This is primarily do to the nature of the business. First you apply online and submit your application. There are 2 interviews and if offered the postion you go through all of the normal highering steps and then some including more online steps and security clearences as well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GXS (Latham, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

They are very inexperienced at interviewing. I left with the assumption I did not have a chance of getting the position. Everything is done through a Staffing Firm. The first interview was with a group of 5. I was asked about 3 questions from each of them about my previous experiences and theoretical questions like how I would deal with certain situations. The entire experience was very odd; it was not friendly at all. Many of my answers to their questions, about my Java experience or if I knew what certain technical things are or do, were given responses like "We have no clue either" or "Yeah, that doesn't even exist". It just felt like a lot of character testing.

Interview Questions

• You are in a boat with a 50lb weight in the middle of a lake and you take the weight and throw it in the water. What happens? Does the water or the boat rise or sink?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. In such an economy there is little to no negotiation room with entry level positions.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brook Park, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GXS (Brook Park, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

The company first ask me a few questions on the phone. Then schedule a time and date to come in for a 1 on 1 interview. The interview consists of several questions related in the field I was trying to go into. It also included a drug screening process and a back ground check. The people that I spoke with and seen seemed like the type of people I could work with and get along with.