Galileo Financial Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Galileo Financial Technologies

2.7

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Galileo Financial Technologies (Sandy, UT) in January 2018.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter on LinkedIn, pretty standard stuff. Did a phone screening, and an on site interview.

First I was interviewed by Project manager / Director and Lead Architect. Mostly talked about stuff on my resume.

Then interviewed by the whole Development team. Asked me specific things about my experience, what sort of things I had built in the past and different problems I had to solve. Asked me a few questions about lower level PHP development (they are a Zend shop), stuff you might not know about if you have done most of your work within a framework. I thought that was pretty interesting. They also whiteboarded me.

Lastly I had an interview with the CEO who asked me to "design amazon" on a whiteboard. Probably just trying to see how much I knew about developing an app start to finish. Kind of an interesting exercise I suppose.

Overall I thought the interview process was very thorough, which I liked, but sort of antiquated. I haven't been whiteboarded in a long time, and it was really off-putting and fairly pretentious. I thought it was weird, but after my in person interview, they decided to send me an online skills test and then told me not to take it after all. Also, after extending me an offer, they told me I had to take a drug test... who does this in IT?

I got an offer from Galileo which was very competitive and would have definitely accepted if I didn't receive another offer at a company that I decided to choose. Seems like a great company, just didn't end up being a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you protect from a CSRF attack?   1 Answer

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Galileo Financial Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2018.

Interview

Talking with Jeremey and Ashely, they are nice. The other two programmers seems to ask trick that we may not know. If you do not have experience with web or secury security. Dont go there to waste your time.

Interview Questions

• How do you protect from a CSRF attack?   1 Answer
    • How do you protect from a XSRF attack?   1 Answer
    • How do you protect from a SQL injection attack?   Answer Question
    • How do you describe MVC as part?   Answer Question
    • What is interface and abstract?   Answer Question
    • What are design patterns and do you use them in PHP?   Answer Question
    • What framework you use/ how many SQL experience do you have? How long you use it ? How many experience do you have on that?   1 Answer
    • Do you know how SQL escape works? explain how it is works.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Galileo Financial Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Very cordial, and timely. I met with the hiring team, and a few non-programming managers. They were specific about their needs, encouraged honesty and allowed their personalities to show, which set me at ease.

Interview Questions

• What do you generally prefer - Front End or Back End development?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Galileo Financial Technologies (Sandy, UT) in April 2018.

Interview

I had two interviews with Galileo, The first went fine but after the second I wasn't interested in the job anymore. The first interview was with the development team I would be working with. I had to complete a SQL test and write out some functions they described on the whiteboard. Overall the first interview wasn't bad. The team members were supportive and did a good job describing what would required in the position they were hiring for. At this point my outlook was still positive about the company.

My second interview was with some lead developers and the development team lead. The feeling in this interview was completely different. They mention in the emails for the interviews they hire based on the values they have posted on their website. Never in the whole interview process did they attempt to find out if I held the same values. They just want to know if you have the right experience for the position. They seemed to already have determined I wasn't what they were looking for and just asking questions to reaffirm their bias. The lead developer skyped in but then cut his video feed and never had any input so he was kind of there but not there at the same time. They had me solve more programming questions on the whiteboard and were really nit-picky about little things on my resume and throughout the whole process I never felt I was given an opportunity to present my strengths. Maybe I'm just disappointed the interview didn't go better but out of all the tech jobs I've interviewed at this is the only interview that has left me with a bad taste in my mouth for the company.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to describe the quadratic equation.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Galileo Financial Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2019.

Interview

I got an interview from them after the STEM fair of the University of Utah, I was called to go their onsite directly to meet with their VP. the conversation with their VP went well, and then two of their software engineer just came to give me a technical interview. I did three medium level algorithm stuff first using C# on the whiteboard. I'm pretty sure my code works from the face of their engineer, that guy was really satisfied with me! and then another guy just asked me something about computer security, I didn't get all of that part, but I at least got half. after they left, their VP came back and told me he wanted me to meet with their CEO. and he said he wanted hire me, meet with CEO is the last step. I just waited at there for 15 min, and their recruiting manager came to tell me, their CEO was very busy, and I need to come again on the second day, and he told me all of them give me a high feedback. after I left, I did not get any email from them. on the second day, I called them, and they tell me they move to other candidates because I don't have enough industry experience. I feel really confused about it. if they need someone has lots of industry experience, why don't they check my resume firstly? I am not complaining their VP agree to give me an offer but they don't. however, I think if they said meeting with CEO is the last step of their interview process, and I get the chance to that step, they at least need to let me meet with the CEO first, and then reject me. Above all, they make me feel very disappointed. I will never apply for any positions at Galileo Processing, or give my resume to their HR.
    Maybe they are professional in their area, but they are completely not integrity!
    I showed my great respect to them during the interview. but they never respect me from the start to the end.
    if they just wanted to change another way to reject others, I promise it's not a good way! Please keep the traditional way to tell your future interviewers you don't want them, instead of telling them to meet with VP, then tell them they are bad!.

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Galileo Financial Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2012.

Interview

I was found by a recruiter from ConsultNet. I had the interview within days. The interview consisted of a programming test, a QA test, a personal interview with the manager, and a group interview with the team. Both the manager and the team asked technical questions as well as personal questions. They love their tests and brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• You are in a room with no windows and three light switches. Each single light switch is connected to one single and distinct incandescent light bulb in the opposite windowless room. There is no immediate way of telling which light switch is connected to which light bulb. You are allowed to enter the room with the light bulbs once and only once, and only after you are ready to make the determination. How can you determine which switch is connected to which bulb?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me what I wanted from the start. There wasn't much of a negotiation

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Galileo Financial Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews with Galileo Processing. Firstly, with the VP over Account Management/Call Center and with my immediate supervisor. Second interview was with the Project Manager and Front end manager reviewing my skills and how an account manager interacts with clients. Also chatted with the CEO.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Galileo Financial Technologies.

Interview

Lengthy and convoluted. They are in dire need of resources so they do not fully vet out new staff. Go in, get the job, and plan to leave within 18 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just a call with the HR Rep. Low ball at first but they ended up meeting my asking price.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Galileo Financial Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2018.

Interview

The HR Director used my wrong name in the email and was out for the actual interview. Interview was easy. Asked questions that they could of just looked at my resume for the answer. Be prepared with lots of questions yourself, the interview was basically me asking them questions. Everyone was nice, just a very odd interview. I don't think they know what they are looking for or really quite what the position will do yet either, as this position would be the only marketing one in the company (they outsource the rest).

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience doing (list of what's on the job description.   1 Answer

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Galileo Financial Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Describe events in which you resolve conflicts, excel at your job, outstanding performances. Qualities you have, describe them, and how your skills best help grow the company and also in your community as well.