Galliford Try Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Galliford Try Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.8

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Galliford Try in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the graduate civil engineer in GallifordTry. It took about 2 weeks to get invited to next stage phone interview. The interview itself was easy. it lasted about 15 min. the next stage is the assessment center. I did the phone interview in early January and I am waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your education.
      why did you choose to apply for this role?
      what three skills can you bring to us from your previous job?
      what the safety procedures in our industry?
      Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Galliford Try.

Interview

Informal and yet friendly, asked me about my computer skills and customer care service skills. They told me about their environment, hours and what sort of questions are most popular on the switchboard.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about multi tasking at the front desk?   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shilton, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Shilton, West Midlands, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was 3 stages, a telephone interview (15 mins) followed by a face to face interview at the Galliford Try offices with a recruitment partner (90 minutes). Then a face to face interview with 2 technical senior management from Galliford Try (90 minutes), including a short 20 question technical written test at the end.

All stages were conducted in a relaxed conversational style rather than an interrogation. It took a little longer than expected to get a decision, and I had to chase for feedback, though overall It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• - Was asked to talk through roles\responsibilities on my CV.   Answer Question
    • - Asked "If you and another candidate are both equal in terms of technical ability, what other criteria should be used to decide who gets the role?"   Answer Question
    • - (from written test) "What are the 5 Active Directory FSMO roles?"   Answer Question

Engineering Survey Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton Abbot, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Newton Abbot, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Normal face to face interview, but with only a single manager. Reasonably informal chat on site.
    Role specific questions, requiring exact answers.
    No testing, or written sections, just direct questions
    Upper management declined to attend the interview.
    No Human Resources personnel attended the interview.

FM Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inverness, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Galliford Try (Inverness, Scotland (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

appalling, held in costa coffee of all places. totally useless and untruthful so-called contract manager with no idea of what the post was to entail, the type of skill set required, the basis upon which i was initially contacted by a recruitment agency, the salary range, the team required to support the role, the management structure to support the role or anything useful whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job?
      what experience do you have?
      how will you travel to work?
      1 Answer