Gap International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gap International Interview Questions

2.7

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gap International (Springfield, PA).

Interview

I met with couple Directors and also Vice Presidents in person and by phone. They really made me feel like I am at home. They had some questions about my perspectives for the team work and performance which I believe I did a good job answering since I came from a professional team work environment.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember because it was so many years ago. But my experience and how they made me during interview was great. It was more about my background and what I would like for the future. I thought it was great but at the same time not scary.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap International.

Interview

I found Gap International through LinkedIn. I knew I wanted to work in branding or management consulting in the Philadelphia area and Gap fit the bill. I did not know much more other than what I could find on their LinkedIn profile, website, and reviews here on Glassdoor. My resume was accepted and I entered the interview process.

My first interview was over the phone with an associate at Gap; it certainly felt at first like I was interviewing them rather than the other way around. Part of this came from the almost total lack of information about the type of consulting Gap does readily available. I left the conversation satisfied, with a second face to face interview promised and the feeling that I had just had a great conversation, not an interview.

My first face to face interview was at Gap International Headquarters in Springfield. They were professional, cordial and obviously knew how to handle the process. I was brought into a holding room early in the morning and told that over the course of half a day I would be meeting with 4 separate ‘director’ level consultants. I was anticipating the usual, rote interview process 4 times in a row and steeled myself for it; what I had instead were four incredibly in-depth conversations. I ended up learning much more about my interviewers than I did about the company. I wrote this off at the time as prep work for the next round of interviews, which I was offered.

The next round of interviews was of similar structure and lasted the whole day, during which time I was more than adequately snacked and lunched. This time I was meeting with VP level executives. I prepared myself for the tough questions and statements of undying work ethic, only to find myself again engaged in deep conversations about how I felt in certain times of my life, and how they connect and relate to me in various ways. I felt suddenly like I was being wooed by the company rather than interviewing for the company.

When I left, I found myself reflecting deeper and longer on the many people and conversations I had met and had than any interview I had had with other companies. It hit me that they were not telling me what sort of consulting they do… they were practicing it actively during the interviews themselves. This was why I was left with such strong impressions after and found myself thinking back on the conversations for weeks afterwards. I realized that a company that could make that sort of impression in 45 minute ‘interviews’ was the sort of company that I really wanted to be a part of.

For the final interview, I was brought into a boardroom with the entire executive team present (22 VP and C-Level executives). They asked almost no questions and opened the floor for me to speak as I pleased. It was in fact the most intimidating form of interview I have ever engaged in, the weight of which I sensed at the time and sticks with me now.

It was a rigorous, long, and mentally stimulating interview process that I’m glad to have been involved in. If I hadn’t been offered a position (I was and I took it) I still would have been better for it. Other interviews look simple in comparison, and never have had me reevaluate how I’ve presented myself to interviewers.

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap International in July 2015.

Interview

Very lengthy interview process and very personal. No case studies. Very much so more focused on how much you believe in your methodology and how much are you willing to commit to their company. They expect long hours and working weekends. They are nothing like any other consulting company so if you did want to leave, I don't see how the skill set developed would be very transferable.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap International.

Interview

The interview process was a basic phone interview. Unfortunately it was difficult to understand the person who was interviewing me and I felt bad asking the person to repeat themselves.

There were no difficult or unexpected questions. There was an alarming amount of redundancy in interview questions. They even repeated all the questions that I had answered on an application questionnaire. THey then told me I would be sent the Breakthrough Diagnostic test to see how I think in a situation that is applicable to their everyday work. Overall, the process seemed lengthy and time consuming.

Interview Questions

• How you could contribute to Gap International
      Why they should hire you
      Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview process is extensive. Mine was a little over a month.

The executives you interview with know what it takes to be here, but they want to make sure that you get it too. As busy as they are, they take the time to sit down and interview you, because they know that you could very well be sitting in their chair one day—which is really, really cool.

You will have conversations with a lot of smart, driven, and accomplished people. You will most likely come into the office two or three times, and you might even be invited to participate in one of the introductory courses they provide for their clients. Try to take advantage of the opportunity, because it’s all for your benefit.

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gap International.

Interview

5 phone interviews over the course of two weeks with members of HR and hiring team
    Requested to attend an uncompensated weekend long workshop PRIOR to face to face interview (I declined)
    1 day of face to face interviews with 6 VPs - lots of VPs - apparently I was supposed to have met more the second day which I cancelled.
    1 VP discussed their weight loss and horrific divorce
    1 VP decided the were too tired to meet and cancelled
    1 VP took two personal phone calls that were non-emergent during our interview

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. There was an alarming amount of redundancy in interview questions and inappropriate personal matters were discussed with this candidate. Surprisingly I was told that my personal time would pretty much be non-existent based on the questions I asked them about a typical work day and the environment. Very frustrating and time-wasting experience. I did not choose to continue to interview as the process was to take about 6 weeks and consist of many more meetings.   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gap International.

Interview

A ton of meetings - it's a serious time commitment and at times it's very disorganized. There were multiple occasions where we were supposed to be video chatting and I'd be stood up. After a ton of skype interviews they'll fly you to philly to do in person ones. There's a lot of redundancy and by the end of it you're left pondering whether it's even worth finishing the process. Don't apply on a whim you'll be sucked up into this process that takes so long.

Interview Questions

• Lots of: what would you find most challenging here? And at one point I was literally asked what I was hiding.... just a very bizarre experience. They want to know your damage.   Answer Question

It's just sort of creepy. Also it's not really consulting, it's more like leading those teamwork building sessions that everyone dreads.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gap International (Springfield, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process was quite time-consuming. I had an initial phone interview and went into their office three times to meet with 3-4 employees each visit. Each session was one hour long, which meant that I spent over 12 hours alone "interviewing" with them. On top of that, they make you complete an interactive online "Breakthrough Course" before the interviews, which was about 2-3 hours in itself. The actual interviews themselves were completely behavioral if even that. They really were just ordinary conversations and I really enjoyed talking to some of the consultants. Despite that, the sheer amount of back to back, hour-long "interviews" were rather draining.

They also want to make sure that you're dedicated to accepting an offer and committing yourself to the company long-term before actually offering you a position, which is completely justifiable but I'm certain they chose not to continue with my application because I had mentioned that I was interviewing with and considering other companies and then had a not positive reaction when I was told I would have two days after the offer to accept or decline. TWO DAYS. Sounds fair right.....

Other than that, everyone there was incredibly friendly. There definitely isn't that overtly "corporate" feel to them, which I really appreciated. Definitely a "family" vibe.

Interview Questions

• What are three words to describe yourself? Why did you pick this major? Why did you decided to apply here? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gap International (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Very long, many interviews. In one month I had about 15 interviews. Most interviews were over the phone and through video chat. I had four face-to-face interviews. They flew me in and I spoke pretty casually to various employers. They mostly wanted to see if I would be a good fit for the company culture.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about our recruiting process? What are the pluses and minuses of the interview process we have established?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. Set up a phone interview the next day. A few weeks later I took their BCO and had two days of interviews with their directors and vice presidents. Everyone was very friendly and conversational. Not a typical interview process

Interview Questions

• What is it about yourself that causes you to feel and act negatively?   Answer Question