Garage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 26, 2016

2.4

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Garage (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was called by an emplyoee of the company and asked if I was still interested in the position and if I would like to meet for an interview. The interviewer was friendly. We spoke about my resume and I was asked basic interview questions. I was asked what I would do in certain situations with customers/work.

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garage (Spring, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Filled and submitted application, few days later they called me to schedule interview. Went on interview, manager took me outside of the store on a bench, since it's pretty loud in. Not up tight conversation at all, felt like i was talking to a friend. For them everything is really about exceptional customer service, so point that a lot while talking. They are looking for someone who has fun personality, (can't be shy), who is outgoing, doesn't have a problem approaching people etc.. 3 days later manager called me to make an offer for sales associate and asked me when can i come to finish the paperwork.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garage (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Manager say me down in the mall and asked me about my retail and job experience, very casual, I dressed nicely but she was in garage. Fairly typical interview questions other than that though.

Part Time Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Garage.

Interview

very quick and easy and i was not nervous at all. i was introduced to my workers and i trained a couple days after. I had to fill in some papers but i worked about 3 days after the position was offered. Great experience and fun managers. I was informed about the companies and the availabilities to move up in my career there.I had lots of fun. i dressed in Garage clothing and i went business casual just in case but i shouldve gone casual. This was a dun experience and the manager explained my role and they introduced the policies and the principles of the company. i was trained on how to handle shoplifters and i was trained on every common situation. that is all i have to say for now

Interview Questions

• they asked me to sell the items i was wearing and describe the benefits   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garage (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I was accepted by the manager through a referral. It was completely through the phone. I was at college out of state and I had applied through a friend because i needed a job when i came home. I just took the survey and the background check and as soon as I got home I went in to fill out my final paper work. After a week i started my first day.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Garage in October 2015.

Interview

My interview was super laid back, I felt like I was talking to one of my friends. Lucky for me I knew majority of the managers because my best friend worked there.

The interview itself was held at a little sitting area down the hall from the store and we barely talked about work related things. However when one of the managers did ask me questions (from a sheet of paper) she would write down everything I said word for word.

The questions were basic retail questions.

My advice for if you want to be a regular employee apply right before they do seasonal hiring that's what I did and my manager also said that's when they hire most regular employees.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you dealt with an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • name a time you went above and beyond to perform exceptional customer service?   Answer Question
    • what would you do if you caught a customer stealing?   Answer Question
    • tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • what characteristics do you think a garage employee should have?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garage in August 2015.

Interview

I applied in person, and a day later was called for a phone interview. I was told that since I applied in person, there was no need for me to come back to the store. The interview was very brief (under 10 mins.)

I was asked "Why do you want to work at Garage?", "How would you describe your style?", "Are you an outgoing person?" After answering, I was told a basic description of the job, that I'd be stocking, working the register, etc.

If you do well on the interview, they'll refer you to a background check before deciding whether or not to hire you.

Tip: Try not to come off as too shy or nervous during your interview. They're much less likely to hire you if you're not a "generally outgoing person", as the job involves a lot of talking to customers.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garage (Miami, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview will be outside of the store. Mines wasn't a group interview which is great. Make sure you talk more about yourself than anything else and don't be shy ! They want outgoing people with energy.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment ?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Garage in August 2015.

Interview

The more they talk and I asked questions it seem to good to be True. They really want you on board so they try to sell you a dream. It's not my first management job so I knew there was no way. Maybe with a new manager they could .

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Read previous post and it did not sound like a company I wanted to be a part of.

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Garage (Towson, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Tge interview was easy. The lady was very nice and she had a sense of humor. Just come early and dress business casual with some garage clothing mixed in with it and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• If a lady came in stressed about not being able to find an outfit and talks for 15 minutes, what do you do?   1 Answer