Garage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Garage Interview Questions

Interviews at Garage

2.3

Sort:

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garage.

Interview

one interview, easy basic questions. interviewer talked more than I did. recruited.

Interview Questions

• not difficult at all. basic questions about customer service and talk about what numbers are expected and how the company regulates your numbers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiate for a higher pay than what you typically would.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Garage (Wauwatosa, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

They were in need of help, badly so the turn around was pretty quick. I knew within 48 hrs I had the job. I was approached while working with customers from a different store, set an interview for that Friday, accepted the job that Sunday.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Garage (McLean, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

The manager had called to make an offer for an interview, but I initially declined. A few weeks later, I went to the store and she still offered me an interview. I interviewed on the spot with her and the Area manager, and a few days later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your approach to customer service?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Garage (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

I interviewed first with the assistant manager then with the store manager. Everyone loved me and seemed like they really wanted me to get the job. The next step was interviewing with the dm. They wanted me to drive all the way to Cherry Hill, NJ (I live near Philly) to interview with her. I said okay because I really wanted the job and I just happened to already have plans to go to Jersey that day anyway to visit a friend. So I get a call and the store manager, Liz, tells me the DM is too busy so it will have to be a phone interview. I said okay and went through with it. I interviewed with her for probably 40 minutes on the phone and everything went exceptionally well. Liz had even given me her number in case I had any questions about the interview with the DM- all signs showing she really wanted me to get this job. Everything was great, the DM loved me so we moved forward and they did a background check on me. I guess during this time a lot of employers were doing background checks because I waited for almost two weeks and it still hadn't finished yet. Next thing I know I'm receiving a TEXT MESSAGE from the store manager telling me I wasn't going to get the job. Seriously? A TEXT? How unprofessional can a person be??? Everything about the way she did things was so unprofessional and disorganized. If this is how they handle situations, I can only imagine what it would be like to work for that company. I wasn't even given a reason as to why they didn't choose me; but I'm assuming it's because they found someone who wanted less money than I did. It's King of Prussia mall for pete's sake, they must make good money. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness? (It's an easy question but for the longest time I didn't know how to answer it)   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Garage (Langhorne, PA).

Interview

I come from a luxury retail background and I was recruited and interviewed prior to changes being made in the store. After some months and changes being made I interviewed with a new manager. The interview was on a whim after my current job so I didn’t have time to change so for this interview I was professionally dressed, which isn’t exactly their aesthetic. However, I made sure that it was fine prior if not I would set up another time to come in. I was asked about basic retail metrics, selling knowledge, where I shop for clothes and operations. After the formal interview I was then asked to put together an outfit to sell from around the store. The interviewer then asked me to try the look on. I declined after I mentioned In the formal part of the interview that I could fit the tops from the store but not the bottoms. ( I’m plus size which was fine with the previous managers), The interviewer insisted after saying that everything runs big. The entire interview experience felt very uncomfortable and unprofessional.

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garage (Yonkers, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Went to store, filled out application, gave to Store Manager, set up interview for next day. Interviewed, received a phone call the day after with an offer. Accepted offer and completed paperwork. Started a training on the computer and sales floor for a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• If you are a cashier and are helping a customer, and another customer enters the store upset because they saw the shirt online that they just purchased for cheaper. How will you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Garage (Tacoma, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter, DM, and then the RM. Usual chain of command interview process as well as a background check. Intotal, it only took about two weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Garage (Tulsa, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

Spoke with DM, and Directors before being hired about a two week process. It was over an hour long with both. They were very transparent but nice. Just kept it really and showed them who I was. Great interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't need to the offer was more than expected

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Garage in August 2015.

Interview

The more they talk and I asked questions it seem to good to be True. They really want you on board so they try to sell you a dream. It's not my first management job so I knew there was no way. Maybe with a new manager they could .

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Read previous post and it did not sound like a company I wanted to be a part of.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Garage.

Interview

I applied in June and I didn't get a call back for an interview until the end of August. I got the application from the store with my friend, and turned it in that day. I got called in for the interview and scheduled it for early September. During the interview the manager asked basic questions like "tell me about yourself" "Why do you want to work for Garage" The interview lasted about 10 minutes then you had to take a short "quiz" it was basically a bunch of scenarios and you had to pick the best answer. After all of that was done with they said they would have their decisions within the next week. Overall I thought the interview went well I kept the manager laughing and smiling but ended up not getting the job.

I must warn you guys there was a race issue (at least at the location I applied at) that stop me from getting the job (it was a serious issue might I add) with not only me but 2 other African Americans that had interviews before me.

Interview Questions

• "if you caught an employee stealing what would you do?"
      "if you cam across and angry customer how would you handle it?"   Answer Question