Garage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.4

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Garage (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

I was recruited from a different store and had one interview. Although the interview covered key aspects of the job, it wasn't an accurate representation of what I ended up being hired for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how many people I'd managed and other skills related to being a comanager   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Garage.

Interview

A District Manager from another area reached out to me regarding the opening and whether I would be interested in interviewing. I agreed and an interview was scheduled with the US Director of stores. This woman was extremely rude throughout the interview, often speaking over me when I attempted to answer her questions. She at one point questioned my integrity in taking the interview when I answered her question of why I was looking for other employment by responding that I wasn't looking just open to an opportunity that was presented to me. I ended the interview and withdrew my interest:

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Garage.

Interview

This interview process was different. We were not notified until we got there that it would be a group interview with 2 others (so three total). But it was very laid back and easy.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Garage (Wauwatosa, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

They were in need of help, badly so the turn around was pretty quick. I knew within 48 hrs I had the job. I was approached while working with customers from a different store, set an interview for that Friday, accepted the job that Sunday.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Garage (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was called by an emplyoee of the company and asked if I was still interested in the position and if I would like to meet for an interview. The interviewer was friendly. We spoke about my resume and I was asked basic interview questions. I was asked what I would do in certain situations with customers/work.

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garage (Yonkers, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Went to store, filled out application, gave to Store Manager, set up interview for next day. Interviewed, received a phone call the day after with an offer. Accepted offer and completed paperwork. Started a training on the computer and sales floor for a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• If you are a cashier and are helping a customer, and another customer enters the store upset because they saw the shirt online that they just purchased for cheaper. How will you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garage (Spring, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Filled and submitted application, few days later they called me to schedule interview. Went on interview, manager took me outside of the store on a bench, since it's pretty loud in. Not up tight conversation at all, felt like i was talking to a friend. For them everything is really about exceptional customer service, so point that a lot while talking. They are looking for someone who has fun personality, (can't be shy), who is outgoing, doesn't have a problem approaching people etc.. 3 days later manager called me to make an offer for sales associate and asked me when can i come to finish the paperwork.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Garage (Tacoma, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter, DM, and then the RM. Usual chain of command interview process as well as a background check. Intotal, it only took about two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Garage (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Manager say me down in the mall and asked me about my retail and job experience, very casual, I dressed nicely but she was in garage. Fairly typical interview questions other than that though.

Part Time Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Garage.

Interview

very quick and easy and i was not nervous at all. i was introduced to my workers and i trained a couple days after. I had to fill in some papers but i worked about 3 days after the position was offered. Great experience and fun managers. I was informed about the companies and the availabilities to move up in my career there.I had lots of fun. i dressed in Garage clothing and i went business casual just in case but i shouldve gone casual. This was a dun experience and the manager explained my role and they introduced the policies and the principles of the company. i was trained on how to handle shoplifters and i was trained on every common situation. that is all i have to say for now

Interview Questions

• they asked me to sell the items i was wearing and describe the benefits   Answer Question