Garretson Resolution Group Software Applications Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Garretson Resolution Group Software Applications Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Garretson Resolution Group

1 Interview Review

Software Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Garretson Resolution Group (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

I actually had a couple of different recruiters approach me about the same opening at Garretson. The first recruiter told me they were looking for someone who matched up with my experience in a couple of particular areas. They ended up setting me up with an onsite interview for later that week.

The day of the interview came. The person who was supposed to interview me decided to work from home that day in spite of the fact that they had confirmed the time of the interview just a day or so prior. They scrambled to find somebody else to interview me who had no knowledge of the open position or what the requirements were. It really wasn't much of an interview. He took a cursory scan of my resume and asked maybe one or two questions. He noted a lack of experience in one particular area that wasn't part of the job description and said he wasn't sure whether it was an issue or not.

I touched base with the recruiter after the interview and was reassured that the one area the interviewer had brought up was indeed not a part of the job requirements and that they were told this explicitly by their contact at the company. When I heard back from the recruiter later on, they told me that they heard back from their contact and that the job requirements were completely changed just prior to my interview there and that they did indeed want someone with experience in the aforementioned area.

I understand that it wasn't a fit and no hard feelings in that regard. It happens and I wouldn't want to be put in a position where I wasn't set up for success. I wish they would have informed me sooner of the change in job requirements before wasting my time in coming in there. It also would have been nice of the actual interviewer to show up!

Interview Questions

• Really no substantive questions were asked. It actually would've been nice to have been asked some meaningful questions.   Answer Question