Gateway Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gateway Foundation

2.3

Clinical Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gateway Foundation (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

Two interviews, first was with the hiring manager. Second was with the hiring manager and two other employees, one with management, and the other a director. Interview process was fair. Behaviorally-based questions. As long as you are prepared with answers to behaviorally based questions like "Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict with a co-worker. What did you do?"

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any as I was well prepared for the interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate, as I was happy with the salary offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gateway Foundation (Aurora, IL).

Interview

Spoke with main supervisor to set up interview. Was asked during interview what my goals, experience and such were. Was granted a second interview with the whole team of IOP counselors with their interns. Each person took time asking about goals, exp, why I wanted to be there and such. There were about 12 people interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern here?
      What experience do you bring with you?
      What do want to do with your career?   Answer Question

HRBP Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gateway Foundation.

Interview

A recruiter within the organization reached out to me stating the organization had an HRBP role open. He sent me the "job description" which was really only the requirements for the role not any of the action items and a "blurb" about the company. Very informal documents looked as though they were cut and pasted into a word document. I looked on the website there was no HRBP role listed but an employee relations specialist. The two positions are very different in the HR world. Once I spoke to him about the role, sure enough it was the employee relations specialist role that he was trying to recruit for not an HRBP. I looked back on their website under the Employee relations role and it was the job description from the website except the action items were deleted. Very deceiving and quite sketchy if you ask me. Just be open and honest about the role you are recruiting for. Why bother recruiting if you are trying to hide what the actual role is?

Interview Questions

• Is this something that would interest you?   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gateway Foundation (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

2 interviews, meeting with CFO and Directors, HR recruiting was helpful people were easy to schedule with location was easy to find timing was convenient. Staff was helpful. feedback was quick and informative. office was bright and professional

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gateway Foundation (Chicago, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

Efficient, quick, thorough, and very professional. It was done in a timely manner and I wasn't kept waiting to hear back for the second interview and for the third interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you recruit hard to fill positions? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gateway Foundation (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The Director of HR emailed me to set up a time for us to have a phone interview. The HR Director called me and we discussed the opportunity as well as my background. I was told they would follow up within a few days and never did. I sent her a thank you email and you would have thought she would have at least said "Thank you for your time but we have decided to pursue other candidates at this time". HR Director never responded back to my email which I feel was very rude and ignorant.

It was probably a blessing not to get this job. I would like to move into a Recruiting Manager role in the near future and honestly I don't think there is room from advancement here.

Interview Questions

• Typical just asked me about the company's I worked for and my experience.   1 Answer

Substance Abuse Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gateway Foundation (Aurora, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

The job described in the interview is not the job you get once you go through orientation and present for work. Management is very dishonest with job descriptions in general.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult or unexpected asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

With Gateway it is a take ot leave it, like it or lump it world.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caseyville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gateway Foundation (Caseyville, IL) in April 2019.

Interview

Received a call for an interview. Initial interview was 1:1 and informal. The second interview involved three other people that would be my coworkers. The interview was informal and conversational. I felt at ease to ask the questions that I needed in order to determine if this was a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple tasks. How have you handled working with difficult people.   Answer Question

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gateway Foundation.

Interview

one phone session, two in person interviews with four different senior employees, followed by a tour, very god interview process, made me feel like I was getting into a job that valued the work that went on there.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to counsel, things about boundaries   1 Answer

Counselor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brownwood, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gateway Foundation (Brownwood, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process begins with an application. After that, the director or the assistant director will call you for a telephone interview. Following that, the director or clinical director will call you for a face to face interview. A third interview will follow with fingerprints and a background check.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why do you think that you would be a good addition to the company?   Answer Question