Gazillion Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gazillion Entertainment

Senior DBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gazillion Entertainment (Foster City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

recruiter contacted me then schedule one technical phone interview and wait for 2 weeks to get the face to face interviews then wait for 3 weeks to get the offer

Interview Questions

• drill down questions about what you put on your resume   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gazillion Entertainment (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Two phone calls, one with an HR rep and the second with the CFO. It was pretty basic and both were good conversations. Asked about background and interests. However, did not follow up after the call. May be do to their busy schedules.

Interview Questions

• Please elaborate on your current position: role and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Confidential Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gazillion Entertainment in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter. Pretty standard questions. Not too difficult but really couldn't gauge what skills they were looking for. In person meeting with senior management. Went fairly well. They couldn't answer some basic questions about the organization which was puzzling. Seems like they are very hands off and don't really management the company closely other than working on the games.

Senior Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gazillion Entertainment (San Mateo, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Quite fast hiring process. Phone interview with the HR manager and another one with VP of Publishing. They got back with me after 3-4 days for 1-1 interviews. Interviewed with Marketing Manager, VP Of Publishing, VP of E-Commerce, and 2 studio heads.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the core KPI's that you look at when evaluating a games performance?   Answer Question

Design Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gazillion Entertainment (Louisville, CO) in March 2010.

Interview

I responded to an online lead from their recruiter on twitter and was contacted back immediately. An interview was set for 3 days later at GDC. I interviewed with the producer of the project I would work on and with the head of the Gazillion studio that was running the project. That interview turned into a second interview where I flew out to meet the team and interview with all of the leads on the project. The next day an offer was made that I negotiated slightly and signed the day after that.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of hard questions, specifically about how to lead a design team and how to handle taking over an existing design. The most difficult they question they asked was also the most crucial to their project: How do you handle a disagreement with the product owners when you know they're wrong?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was relatively simple -- the salary range possible was established early on and we negotiated other details around that to make the overall compensation package worthwhile to both parties. The conversation was had primarily with the recruiter so that it wasn't a pressure situation with the project director and very painless.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gazillion Entertainment in January 2010.

Interview

phone interviews with staff who were themselves new
    the culture was one of online casual games which didnt bode well for an MMO firm

Interview Questions

• Do you like the frat boy style culture of that creative agency:?   Answer Question
    • Wouldn't social relevance be the best lever for a successful MMO?:   Answer Question

offer too low, job title was very strange and unusable fo future career moves