Gemalto Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gemalto (Pasadena, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

More than 2 months over the entire process. They started off stating the role was for immediate hire and the process would be quick. They had the HR round and hiring manager telephonic interview and then the face to face interview with some of the leadership team. A lot of questions asked and copious notes taken during the interview. Interview seemed to go pretty well and was told they would revert back. After that it was silence for around 3 weeks. Finally the HR calls again to ask if I was still available for an offer to be made and that he would revert in a day or two. Again silence thereafter till I called back the subsequent week only to be told that they had made an internal offer.
    I had read of such unethical interview processes where they call in external candidates to get ideas and inputs when they already have a plan to hire internally. Never thought I would fall prey to such tactics
    Future candidates be wary!!

Interview Questions

• All the information they needed for their internal hire   Answer Question

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gemalto (Belcamp, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Got a callback couple weeks after applying. The first interview was over the phone. Asked a few behavioral and company questions. Second interview was on-site. The on-site interview was more of an informative meeting rather than an actual interview. I asked questions about the company and the positions and felt pretty confident afterward. However, I did not hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Gemalto?
      Tell me more about yourself?   Answer Question

Engineering Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with phone interview, then an in person interview with HR and production supervisor, a walk through of production floor and all equipment, introduction to current staff. After we were done i was offered the job the very next day, the process was made very easy and convenient for me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gemalto in July 2016.

Interview

Difficult to get co-ordinated interviews. But they try really hard and everyone I spoke to was super friendly. Waiting between interviews was painful. But that is mostly because they are distributed globally.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I had telephonic interview, write a coding exercise, then face-face interview. The manager asked to create a architecture diagram in the face - face interview. Then asked more technical questions. The interview was about 1 1/2 hrs long.

Java Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gemalto.

Interview

The interview was on the phone and was not that difficult. It was only one technical phone interview. I did the interview with two team members and the interview took around an hour

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were related to Spring framework like what is Spring MVC   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gemalto.

Interview

I had a phone interview shortly after the application deadline. The interviewer asked basic questions about my strengths, weaknesses, and greatest accomplishments. After the phone interview, I was called in for an in-person interview the following week. There I was interviewed by 5 separate employees. I was asked similar questions to the phone interview but went into more detail. They also were very interested in they type of analysis work I've done in the past or know how to do (using computer applications like Excel).

Overall - it was a good interview. I didn't feel like i was in the hot seat and it was more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest project you've worked on using Excel?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was a straight forward Java full stack developer type of conversation. The interviewer asked about my experience and then followed up with some technical question. I was fairly confident I answered them all correctly. After the technical test, it led to me just asking him questions about the development team, methodologies, work-life balance...

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had the telephonic interview and I was asked to explain my previous work and projects.
    Secondly I was asked to assume a situation and solve the process and suggest possible solutions to it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing as such if you know everything written on your resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was entertained despite salary being so low and I wasnt given the relocation as well.

Technical Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gemalto (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone call for first filter, then hr interview just to check if you fit for the company culture, technical manager for tech part, then hr manager final.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special , normal interview questions, sometimes depends on the interviewer,no fix rule   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to be negotiable