Genapsys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Genapsys.

Interview

talk to a few guys, and they chat about your previous working experience, and maybe a few technical questions. the questions are typically not very hard, and the interview may take a few hours.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genapsys in November 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me after I applied online to a job description that matched my experience very well. I was scheduled for a phone interview with the team lead. He was very nice and none of the questions were a surprise.
    Soon after, I was scheduled for an on site interview. It was very standard, a rotating group of people came in, one by one, and asked me various whiteboard questions, logic problems, and questions about my previous experience. While long, I felt positive at the end of the day and went home happy.
    I was later contacted by the recruiter again, asking if I wanted to come in for a second round of interviews, but only three hours this time. I took this as a good sign and accepted. The day started just like the first day, but with a fresh set of people. The first negative was that the interview ended up lasting about seven hours. The second big negative, and the reason for my negative review was my final interviewer, the CEO. He seemed to balk at my fairly average asking salary and was continuously grilling me on borderline inappropriate personal questions and never seemed to accept the answers I gave. Someone from HR needs to go over good interview practice with him.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer questions about everything on your resume and regular data structures and algorithms whiteboard questions.   Answer Question
    • Design a persistent, high-performance, key-value database.   1 Answer

Analog IC Designer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Genapsys.

Interview

I had a conversation with the manager on the phone that morning and he wanted to have a face to face soon. So we set up an interview through the office assistant. When I arrived , the manager came to receive me and he seemed fairly conversational and polite. We went to a glass walled conference room. He started off by asking me some technical questions. Many of the questions didn't have sufficient detail or constraints and looked like he was intent on hearing some particular buzz words , not really looking at my approach to solving the problem. He would intercept with what he thought was the answer but again just gave a vague bunch of buzz words. After the technical questions that went on for about an hour he asked me if I had any questions. He was very impatient and said "yes we already spoke about that" for many of the questions I had. At one question about design life cycle he yelled at me that I probably don't know how things work. I was going to withdraw my candidacy but I got the email informing me that I am not selected earlier

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genapsys.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who, post initial screening, set up an interview with lead of the team I had to work with. He asked simple questions about my current work and some java questions. Then I was scheduled for onsite interview. The hr requested 2 hours interview with 3 engineers. When I went there, al three took longer and in the end the director also wanted to interview - fair enough. But they were absolutely unapologetic about the mismanagement! Anyways I got selected and got a positive response.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Genapsys (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I had two onsite interviews with GenapSys. In both instances the interview sessions were sprung on me in a surprising way. I was lead to believe I would be going to their offices for a reason other than interviewing and given no information about what to expect or the positions I was being considered for. In general all communication with HR was very obtuse. Some of the interviewers were very nice, but on the second visit the interviewers were incredibly rude and did not treat me well. They were openly disrespectful and insulting. These issues were a huge red flag, It leads me to believe this company could be very dysfunctional and a hostile work environment.

After the first onsite interview I was told that if they are interested in a candidate, I would be brought back in for meeting with the team I would be working with and the CEO.

The following day I received an email from the head of HR asking for my availability to arrange a meeting with team members and the CEO and founder. This was very positive and I replied with my availability immediately. My email went unanswered for 5 days and required a second email sending my availability again before I was able to set up this visit.

The day I arrived for the follow-up I was again taken to a glass-walled conference room, offered a beverage and instructed to wait for my first interviewer. This took me by surprise as I was told this visit was to meet the team and CEO, The office manager left quickly and I was unable to get any clarification. After roughly 15 minutes of sitting and waiting while employees walked by looking at me (the zoo effect) an engineer entered the room. He introduced himself, name and title, sat down and opened a folder which contained a copy of my resume and the description of a job I had not applied for and was not interested in. He spent a minute or so looking over my resume and then asked very terse technical questions with no context and seemingly unrelated to the job or my experience. This was very unsettling and I did my best to answer but it was very difficult as he simply stared at me emotionless the entire time as if he had no interest in being there. As soon as I started talking he would look at his watch, my resume, or some other place in the room, giving me the indication that he was not listening. After I finished my answer he would pause for and then ask another completely different technical question unrelated to the last only to turn back to his watch again.

As a scientist I have experience with the US Dept. of Energy. Somewhere in the middle of the questioning he asked, “What is your experience with DOE?” After a few minutes of me explaining this experience, he interrupted my answer to the question stating, “you don’t know what DOE is, I will explain it to you, listen and you might learn something”. While he explained DOE to me it became painfully clear that he was describing the engineering term Design Of Experiments (DOE) and not the US Dept. of Energy. Then immediately following this he dove into another question unrelated question.

This process went on for 30 min and at the end he said he was done, stood up and left the room to find the next interviewer. I was not thanked and he did not give me any contact information.

The next interviewer was also an engineer, his style was a bit more conversational but still very outwardly judgmental and rude. Again he introduced himself with a name and title. He asked a few technical questions which were somewhat related to the role that I was seemingly being interviewed for and some follow-ups to those. He then asked me to describe the work had I done for my doctoral thesis. I began with a short science intro to cover the project’s background, but in the middle of this he stopped me, “wait, is this going to take much time because I really don’t care about this, just tell me about the engineering”. His questioning went to the end of the the 30 min and he didn’t allow me any time to ask questions. He also left without a thanking me or giving any contact info.

After one more similar, but less extreme, interviews I was walked out. There was never any discussion of meeting with the CEO or HR as I was expecting from previous communication, it was all very confusing.

More than a month had passed since the follow-up visit and I had not heard back from HR or any other employees from the company. Given the dysfunctional nature I observed, I withdrew my candidacy at this company via an email that was confirmed by HR.

Interview Questions

• General technical questions, nothing specific to the roles.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genapsys (Redwood City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The team was very friendly and professional. They asked questions about my resume and also some analytical questions on the white board. The interview was easier than what I thought. I met with 2 VPs as well in the same day (one was the hiring manager).

Interview Questions

• an analytical /algorithm question about , and asked to break it down and solve it   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genapsys (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Interview process was a little different but not that difficult, just met with multiple people before meeting with the CEO . Met with the CEO twice not sure why but it required 3 times to visit their office which was a bit much for me being that the last interview was with the CEO again

Engineer/Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genapsys.

Interview

Applied online. Had a technical interview over the phone - the guy asked some good questions to test the fundamentals. Was then sent a coding challenge which was an interesting task to solve. The nature of the challenge is such that one could know whether the proposed solution is correct. I gave them the results in a few days. I didn't get any kind of acknowledgement for a few weeks despite repeated requests for a feedback. After a few more weeks I got an email saying that the position is no longer required. My experience resonates with the poor feedback people have left, their behavior seems unprofessional to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Explain hypothesis testing. Follow-up questions on the meanings of scores and values (z-, p-, etc). Details of F-test.   Answer Question

Engineer/Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genapsys.

Interview

Phone screen with an HR. Setup a onsite interview at location. Had to give a presentation. Talked to the group. Seemed like very nice people (did not talk to CEO though). From the folks there I got a sense that company is really understaffed & is in a mess! The company never got back to me.... I didn't bother either since I heard a lot of bad reviews about the management & company going downhill.

Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Genapsys.

Interview

1) HR email 2) phone call 30mn with hiring manager 3) onsite in redwood city: 4-5hr interview. senior RAs, senior scientist, VP of product And development, CEO.

Not going to lie, all people were nice and respectful until I got to theCEO.

He was quick at making assumptions, asking about my personal life, making me feel guilty for wanting to leave my current job and not taking his lower paying job. Ex. He mentioned interviewing an RA that worked at Thermomfisher with an MS degrees and 2years of experience that get paid $20/hr.