GeneDx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GeneDx Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.3

Interview

Interviewed by panel of department managers and then department technologists. They ask level of experience, what you are looking for, what your assets are, and where you see yourself in next 5-10 years.

Interview Questions

• The panel of department technologists will ask very specific questions regarding information you have on your resume so it is best that the information is accurate.   Answer Question

Genetics Counselor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GeneDx (Gaithersburg, MD).

Interview

First I met with the HR manager, followed by two directors of the programs I would be working under and GC on the phone. This part of the interview was pretty standard. Afterwards I met with 6 of the GCAs that already worked there for a more relaxed interview.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GeneDx in December 2016.

Interview

I was supposed to be interviewed by 3 people but during the interview one of the guys left due to an urgent matter. The lead interviewee had a prepared list of questions that he would read and await a response from response from me.

Interview Questions

• What the difference was between a hard link and a soft link?   1 Answer

DNA Extraction Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GeneDx.

Interview

They started with a phone interview with a manager of that department. She was nice enough. The next step would have been a skpe interview because I am out of state.

Interview Questions

They do not pay enough to live in the area at all.

Cytogenetic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GeneDx (Gaithersburg, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a long process but definitely helpful. I met with HR, both of the immediate supervisors, the two people I would be working directly with, and received a tour of the lab. Very informational and everyone that I met was very nice and open to hearing what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had experience with PCR   1 Answer

DNA Extraction Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GeneDx (Gaithersburg, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Typical Interview questions, few maths questions. First with interview with HR, then with other employees, and then finally with the lab director and or DNA extraction techs. Followed by tour of the facilities. Has and option of webcam interview. Received a call back two weeks later.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GeneDx (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied on Company's website. Hiring manager e-mailed me and asked to call back within 30 minutes. This was different, but luckily, I was able to call at such short notice. Spoke to the hiring manager at length about my expertise. Was invited for an interview on site, where met with the team and other managers. The atmosphere was informal, more like meet and greet, friendly. Great company!

Interview Questions

• The interview was in a form of dialog about science and business, no grilling, very conversational.
      what may stop you from taking this job?
      what shortcomings you have that may affect your performance on this job?
      what would you consider a successful performance in this role?   Answer Question

Reviewer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GeneDx.

Interview

Was called in for an onsite interview. It seemed to go well. Was told I would hear about an offer in 2-3 weeks. Did not hear from them for a month. Was contacted because suddenly their interview process had changed and they wanted me to give a talk to the group. My second interview was very negative. The "group" seemed very disinterested in my talk and appeared as though they did not want to be there. Were very unfriendly. The director was very off putting. Insinuated I had an offer and wanted to me to start in a few weeks. They called my references the following week (which were all very positive about me) and I never heard from them again. This review asks me whether I got an offer but I can't say no because I just never heard anything period.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a conflict between me and a fellow employee.   Answer Question

Specimen Accessioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GeneDx (Gaithersburg, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screening followed by on-site interview and then a phone call from HR. It took about a month and a week from submitting the application to starting the onboard training.

Next Gen Sequencing Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GeneDx (Rockville, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Had one "interview" briefly with Valerie from HR basically just telling me a little bit about the company, their benefits, blah blah blah. Then there was a second interview with three people who were basically lower level supervisors. Just asked me what I knew about Next Gen, what equipment I had used, and they also asked me about the hole in my work experience which I had made very clear on my cover letter and in my application that it was due to a disability.

Interview Questions

• What laboratory machines I had experience with, and if I could pipette.   1 Answer