GeneDx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GeneDx Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.3

DNA Extraction Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GeneDx.

Interview

They started with a phone interview with a manager of that department. She was nice enough. The next step would have been a skpe interview because I am out of state.

Interview Questions

They do not pay enough to live in the area at all.

Cytogenetic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GeneDx (Gaithersburg, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a long process but definitely helpful. I met with HR, both of the immediate supervisors, the two people I would be working directly with, and received a tour of the lab. Very informational and everyone that I met was very nice and open to hearing what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had experience with PCR   1 Answer

DNA Extraction Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GeneDx (Gaithersburg, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Typical Interview questions, few maths questions. First with interview with HR, then with other employees, and then finally with the lab director and or DNA extraction techs. Followed by tour of the facilities. Has and option of webcam interview. Received a call back two weeks later.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GeneDx (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied on Company's website. Hiring manager e-mailed me and asked to call back within 30 minutes. This was different, but luckily, I was able to call at such short notice. Spoke to the hiring manager at length about my expertise. Was invited for an interview on site, where met with the team and other managers. The atmosphere was informal, more like meet and greet, friendly. Great company!

Interview Questions

• The interview was in a form of dialog about science and business, no grilling, very conversational.
      what may stop you from taking this job?
      what shortcomings you have that may affect your performance on this job?
      what would you consider a successful performance in this role?
      Answer Question

Reviewer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GeneDx.

Interview

Was called in for an onsite interview. It seemed to go well. Was told I would hear about an offer in 2-3 weeks. Did not hear from them for a month. Was contacted because suddenly their interview process had changed and they wanted me to give a talk to the group. My second interview was very negative. The "group" seemed very disinterested in my talk and appeared as though they did not want to be there. Were very unfriendly. The director was very off putting. Insinuated I had an offer and wanted to me to start in a few weeks. They called my references the following week (which were all very positive about me) and I never heard from them again. This review asks me whether I got an offer but I can't say no because I just never heard anything period.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with a conflict between me and a fellow employee.   Answer Question

Specimen Accessioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GeneDx (Gaithersburg, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone screening followed by on-site interview and then a phone call from HR. It took about a month and a week from submitting the application to starting the onboard training.

Next Gen Sequencing Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GeneDx (Rockville, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Had one "interview" briefly with Valerie from HR basically just telling me a little bit about the company, their benefits, blah blah blah. Then there was a second interview with three people who were basically lower level supervisors. Just asked me what I knew about Next Gen, what equipment I had used, and they also asked me about the hole in my work experience which I had made very clear on my cover letter and in my application that it was due to a disability.

Interview Questions

• What laboratory machines I had experience with, and if I could pipette.   1 Answer

Accessions Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GeneDx (Rockville, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

You get interviewed by the heads of the department, then the supervisors beneath them, and then the direct team leads. It's all very straightforward stuff. They will all pretty much ask you the same things. Accessioning is not very skill intensive, just requires attention to detail, so they will ask you to sort numbered 'samples' and also be able to tell the difference between colors due to the color-coded nature of many sample types.

Next Generation Sequencing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GeneDx (Gaithersburg, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Initiall I met with a woman from human resources, she gave me the generic talk about the company and what they offer and their policies. Then they had a panel of three employees com in and ask me about my history and what I knew about Next Generation Sequencing, I had the opportunity to ask them some questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me knew if I knew how to pipette?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GeneDx.

Interview

I submitted my application. And I was asked for an interview. I met with HR first and that was pretty informal. She asked me what I knew about the company and if I had all the required courses etc. Then I met with 3-5 managers. They asked me about following SOPs and about my background experience. Then I met with 3-5 technicians and they asked me similar questions as well as some personal questions about hobbies.