General Dynamics NASSCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Dynamics NASSCO Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.8

Cost Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO.

Interview

Applied online through their career site, received a phone call for an in person interview within the month, interviewed in person and received a job offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe your knowledge/experience with excel.   1 Answer

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed Q&A with a team member first, standard questions in a cut and dry "recorded" fashion. Very little interpersonal interaction, the person just read questions and typed out answers. Second, I met with department head for a more conversational interview.

Ship Fitter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied at a job fair when they were looking to fill 800 jobs. Over 8,000 people came to the event looking for a job. The first item they look for on your application is work history and how many jobs you've had and left within several years. If you had an unstable work history, you would not be sent to the next step. If you did advance, pending the outcome of 3 simple tests and passing the pre-employment drug screen, you were pretty much in. They were going to train everyone so experience wasn't as important as stability.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work any shift?   1 Answer

Rotational Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO.

Interview

Interview Process was pretty smooth sailing. I was interviewed by 5 people total, three people the first day, and two the second.They were very adamant to tell me that working their would not do anything for my public accounting hours required to become cpa certified.. I don't think that they know that public hours are only required for signing of on audits. Hence I believe this is why they did not choose me.. They figured I would leave as soon as I acquired passing scores on the four sections of my cpa. Wish they would've known that even working on industry qualifies as "general experience" oh well.. ya win some and loose some.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time whether in school or at work that demonstrated your leadership skills and how did you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Cost Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO.

Interview

Standard interview questions.
    Background, school, work history, character, etc.
    Interview was less than thirty minutes. Dressed in a suit. Showed up twenty minutes early. The interviewer showed up fifteen minutes early, and was glad to be done sooner than later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Excel, Open Plan, and Access.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was professional and began on time. My Interviewer spoke a lot about the company and their values and expectations. The Interviewer also seemed very interested in my background and showed an interest in my abilities and how both the company and I could benefit well from employment.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult situations you found yourself in?   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (Norfolk, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line and was invited for a one-on-one interview with the Engineering Manager. Interview was conducted in the Engineering Managers office for about 1.5 hours. General questions about why I left former employer and why I was seeking an engineering position instead of continuing Reliability Consulting.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for this position   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone and in person I talked with two managers and a supervisor I explained why I couldn't be a good fit to the maintenance program they in turn explained that I could be a good fit in their test and trials program which offered better pay and permanent status I agreed and started work a week later after an in depth physical exam then I had to go thru six months of employment to become permanent

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (Norfolk, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the project manager in his office. He did a very good job of describing the company, the work they did, and the responsibilities I would have if I were to get the job. He asked only a few questions about my background and relied more on the two of us talking as if I were was going to be working there the next day. A tour of the workplace was also given, along with further explanations of the position's responsibilities. Overall I thought the interview was very relaxed and comfortable which led me to feel afterwards that it went very well.

Trainee Shipfitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

-Phone call from recruiter sets up a date to take a few tests (math, English comprehension, and mechanical ability)

-After the tests are passed a short tour of the yard is given.

-An interview with the hiring manager.

-Shortly after there will be an offer of employment (or not).

-After that you might have to wait weeks or more for a start date.

Interview Questions

• Explain something you accomplished in a previous job and why you're proud of this accomplishment   Answer Question