General Dynamics NASSCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

General Dynamics NASSCO Interview Questions

Interviews at General Dynamics NASSCO

2.6

Production Associate Program Interview

Interview

Great interviewing staff, very friendly. There were 4 people involved, though they individually had separate questions to ask. I enjoyed the respectfulness of the interviewers. Make sure you look nice when you go.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us?   1 Answer

Trainee Shipfitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in September 2020.

Interview

simple to the point. don't expect them to use the word easy remember its blue collar work what ever they say you just have to say yes. and especially on these times when work is a must

Interview Questions

• do you mind working any shift   1 Answer

Journeyman Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in July 2020.

Interview

Easy and fast, talked to two guys and instantly got the job. They were laid back and chill during the interview. Don’t be nervous , just go in there and be honest with them.

Student Worker Interview

Interview

Fast and mostly talked about the company. Although arrived on time did take a lot longer to get in actual interview and got offer few days later. Of course accepted offer and training is in 2 weeks

Material Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO.

Interview

There were two phone interviews plus two panel interviews. The process took months, but it was around the holidays so all of the interview scenarios were spread out over time.

Interview Questions

• One panel asked a lot of standard situational questions. Another panel did most of the talking themselves.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Completely unprofessional, I showed up and they didn't even now who I was (called me a different name). They main interviewer smelled like a pack of Marlboros and was asking me completely unrelated questions about sport teams and was literally basing my interview on that. They didn't come prepared, they didn't have my resume on hand or any job related questions ready for me. Hard to believe coming from a defense contractor who I thought held high standards, but I guess not.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about San Diego teams   2 Answers

Pipefitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

It was quick and easy. Took about 30 mins all together and the interviewer was very open to experienced and non exp. After ward it took them about 2 weeks to set up a physical and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• So you have exp? And if not then we will train you   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO.

Interview

Briefly went over the job description and probed my knowledge of the maritime industry over the phone with a senior hiring manager, not through Human Resources like a lot of other companies.

Interview Questions

• "What will make you a good addition to the company?"   1 Answer
    • What have you heard about NASSCO?   1 Answer

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Two part interview: 1st round in person, 2nd round over Skype. HR does a good job of asking questions to gauge your overall interest in joining NASSCO as well as your ability to fit in the role that they are hiring for

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed Q&A with a team member first, standard questions in a cut and dry "recorded" fashion. Very little interpersonal interaction, the person just read questions and typed out answers. Second, I met with department head for a more conversational interview.