General Dynamics NASSCO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at General Dynamics NASSCO

2.8

Pipefitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

It was quick and easy. Took about 30 mins all together and the interviewer was very open to experienced and non exp. After ward it took them about 2 weeks to set up a physical and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• So you have exp? And if not then we will train you   1 Answer

Planner/Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is just like any other position. They just want to make sure that you can handle work load, stress, how you interact with others and they want to know your mental ability. Whether you can think logically

Interview Questions

• I cannot think of a difficult or unexpected question during the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time i was not able to negotiate. I counter offered but was denied.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Completely unprofessional, I showed up and they didn't even now who I was (called me a different name). They main interviewer smelled like a pack of Marlboros and was asking me completely unrelated questions about sport teams and was literally basing my interview on that. They didn't come prepared, they didn't have my resume on hand or any job related questions ready for me. Hard to believe coming from a defense contractor who I thought held high standards, but I guess not.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about San Diego teams   1 Answer

Analyst/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied and received a call from their recruiter. The next day I had a very detailed interview with the hiring manager, the technical lead and the VP. I thought I did well and we found several points were my experience matched their needs.

Interview Questions

• There were some technical questions in regard to .Net that I should have known, but wasn't expecting. Those technologies were not listed in the position requirements. An example was about POCO.
      I was also asked about SSAS. Not in my repertoire even though at my current job we do a lot of analytic work with Allegro and in house software. It must not be that good.   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone and in person I talked with two managers and a supervisor I explained why I couldn't be a good fit to the maintenance program they in turn explained that I could be a good fit in their test and trials program which offered better pay and permanent status I agreed and started work a week later after an in depth physical exam then I had to go thru six months of employment to become permanent

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO.

Interview

I was originally hired as for a temporary engineering position through a job shopping agency. The agency submitted my resume to GD NASSCO and I then had a phone interview with two senior engineers and the manager. It was basically a technical interview only. I accepted the offer and after 9 months of working I was offered a direct position.

Interview Questions

• None. Basic technical interview to determine background experience and skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For the initial temporary position there was no negotiation, but for the direct position offer I had the opportunity to negotiate. I did not negotiate at that time.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (Norfolk, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line and was invited for a one-on-one interview with the Engineering Manager. Interview was conducted in the Engineering Managers office for about 1.5 hours. General questions about why I left former employer and why I was seeking an engineering position instead of continuing Reliability Consulting.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for this position   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO.

Interview

Briefly went over the job description and probed my knowledge of the maritime industry over the phone with a senior hiring manager, not through Human Resources like a lot of other companies.

Interview Questions

• "What will make you a good addition to the company?"   1 Answer
    • What have you heard about NASSCO?   1 Answer

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (Norfolk, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the project manager in his office. He did a very good job of describing the company, the work they did, and the responsibilities I would have if I were to get the job. He asked only a few questions about my background and relied more on the two of us talking as if I were was going to be working there the next day. A tour of the workplace was also given, along with further explanations of the position's responsibilities. Overall I thought the interview was very relaxed and comfortable which led me to feel afterwards that it went very well.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at General Dynamics NASSCO (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

After connecting with recruiter at event, I applied online a couple weeks later. A Skype interview was then set up with three different people. All behavioral and situational questions. No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to make a tough decision.   Answer Question